SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   ICDBs Accountability Thread (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/386559-icdbs-accountability-thread.html)

Soberwolf 04-14-2016 12:03 AM

We're your sober choir lol your doing great

ICanDoBetter 04-14-2016 03:37 AM

Today is day 65.

Migraine persists. I did some meditation this morning as well... Can't hurt to give it a go. Fingers crossed this subsides. A few years ago I had one that lasted four weeks - absolutely no fun.

And today I will not drink.

Fabela 04-14-2016 03:39 AM

At least you know that there will be an end to this. :hug:

ICanDoBetter 04-14-2016 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5904003)
At least you know that there will be an end to this. :hug:

True. And on the positive side, I did also get all of the taxes done last night 😄

least 04-14-2016 04:06 AM

Congrats on 65 days sober!!! :scoregood Keep going, it gets better. :hug:

ICanDoBetter 04-14-2016 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 5904027)
Congrats on 65 days sober!!! :scoregood Keep going, it gets better. :hug:

how right you are :-)

ICanDoBetter 04-15-2016 03:11 AM

Today is day 66.

Heading into a super busy week or so on the home front. We have three birthdays in our household which means I go nuts trying to make sure that each persons day is special for them, we have three parties, lots of cake and cupcakes and treats to make. I have it all planned out as best I can but its a whirlwind with little respite once it starts. I wish I were going into it feeling 100% on the health front but it is what it is and I can do this. :-)

Soberwolf 04-15-2016 05:56 AM

:c011: & happy birthday x 3 :hug:

ICanDoBetter 04-16-2016 02:46 AM

Today is day 67.

Busy, busy weekend in tap. It occurs to me that were I still drinking, I'd get everything done that needs done, but in the back of my mind I'd be resentful through it all that the activities were stealing my time that I could be drinking. Sad but true. It feels awesome to be freed from that mentality and instead be able to focus on the moment that I'm in rather than have all of those moments and events overshadowed by addiction.

Today mind over matter must prevail for a long m training bike ride. (I have a big fundraising ride/event in training for so I need to keep increasing mileage.). In addition we are hosting a party for one of my kids this evening. So I really hope the headache doesn't rear its ugly head again today - fingers crossed.

Fabela 04-16-2016 02:48 AM

Still struggling with the migraine? Hope it gives you some time off today. :)

ICanDoBetter 04-16-2016 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5907603)
Still struggling with the migraine? Hope it gives you some time off today. :)

thanks. Yes - last evening was terrible. I basically was in bed at 5 pm. Was to be a brief rest and then I fell asleep. I'm wondering if there's a sinus component to it at this point as well.

Fabela 04-16-2016 02:59 AM

Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like you need a bit more than rest, do you have medication for the headaches?

ICanDoBetter 04-16-2016 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5907618)
Have you seen a doctor? Sounds like you need a bit more than rest, do you have medication for the headaches?

I did see the doc this week and he gave me a script to try. Also waiting on results of bloodwork.

ICanDoBetter 04-16-2016 11:16 AM

Survived my big bike ride - yay! And at least for the time being the migraine is at bay - though that may be because other parts are screaming lol.

Next on the agenda - son's birthday play date. I have a cake to frost and food to prep. My husband rocks and did the cleaning while I was on my ride.

ICanDoBetter 04-17-2016 05:30 AM

Today is day 68.

Life is funny. As soon as I start to get in a groove there is a curveball. I've got my planning and prep and execution well underway for all of our birthday festivities. We have another busy day on tap. My son just opened and loved all of his presents ... We have a full day including family coming this afternoon. But... My dad won't be here. He will be in the hospital for several days.

I'm typically an optimistic person... But I've also learned I need to temper it with a bit of realism when it comes to medical issues. Driving to the hospital last night brought back so many memories of visiting my mother there. I walked in his room and now saw him in the hospital bed, looking frail and in pain. We all tend to laugh and joke even know these moments, we openly discuss the facts we know and those that we don't. There's reason enough to worry he has a serious illness that he will soon battle - and that scares me to no end. He is concerned as well - and that scares me even more. But all we can do now is wait for tests in the upcoming days so that we will know what we are dealing with.

Life is funny - the juxtaposition of happy and sad events all intertwined into a small window of time. I want to ensure that my kids have happy birthday memories, and yet this cloud hangs over my head at this time of year because two years ago today my mother determined that she would cease cancer treatment ... And now my father is spending this day in the hospital as well.

I will shed my tears in the moments that I have alone ... And once we are through with my children's birthdays this week I will let them know some pieces of what is going on.

Sometimes being a grownup stinks.

Fabela 04-17-2016 05:45 AM

I'm sorry about your father, ICDB. :hug: And I think that crying is a very good thing to do in these situations. It DOES stink to be a grownup.

ICanDoBetter 04-17-2016 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Fabela (Post 5909409)
I'm sorry about your father, ICDB. :hug: And I think that crying is a very good thing to do in these situations. It DOES stink to be a grownup.

thanks. Because my husband is awesome I'm able to make a brief visit before other scheduled activities today.

Soberwolf 04-17-2016 10:22 AM

:hug: you are amazing x

ICanDoBetter 04-18-2016 02:29 AM

Today is day 69.

Full day on tap - I'm enjoying the calm before today's storm with some coffee as the family slumbers. Debating exercising or working on some more of the birthday treat preparations before I get ready for work.

My dad may be in the hospital for several weeks as it turns out. I'll be working into my schedule visiting him either on extended lunch breaks or right after work. Much like so much else, I'll tackle this one day at a time.

Dee74 04-18-2016 02:48 AM

Congrats on another day ICDB :)

D