SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   ICDBs Accountability Thread (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/386559-icdbs-accountability-thread.html)

ICanDoBetter 03-21-2016 04:54 AM

Today is day 41.

Crazy busy and hectic already on a Monday morning but I wanted to at least check in.

And today I will not drink.

ICanDoBetter 03-22-2016 03:51 AM

Today is day 42.

Another crazy busy day on tap - I guess this is basically my normal for a while, though I could really do without feeling exhausted all the time. Overslept and missed the gym again today. No recollection whatsoever of the alarm. I have too much on my plate, I get that, but tackling one thing at a time I can do this.

Soberwolf 03-22-2016 06:01 AM

Congrats on day 42 ICDB x

Dee74 03-22-2016 03:21 PM

Congrats on 6 weeks ICDB :)

D

ICanDoBetter 03-23-2016 05:09 AM

Today is day 43

Busy busy busy but will not skip my daily checkin :-)

ICanDoBetter 03-24-2016 03:20 AM

Today is day 44.

I'm slowly shifting into autopilot I believe. I'm on the cusp of being overwhelmed with work and life but keeping it all in check. Much like the approach that is working for me with sobriety, I need to tackle one day at a time - figure out what is essential for the day and proceed from there. The upcoming holiday and then my certification exam next week have me a bit off kilter just in terms of the extra to-dos that are added to the mix. I'm determined to resume studying for the cert tonight - but I need to make a specific plan for what I will accomplish each day - then I think it will feel less overwhelming.

Yesterday I also had to deliver the message that someone was being let go effective end of today. That was stressful enough ... Then late last night I got a text requesting I reconsider and extend for another week. That's adding to my angst. Today is going to be draining and awkward... But this too shall pass.

Soberwolf 03-24-2016 03:31 AM

We'l be with you all the way know you can do this x

ICanDoBetter 03-24-2016 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5867460)
We'l be with you all the way know you can do this x

thanks sw ☺️

CaseyW 03-24-2016 07:42 AM

One day at a time is a great plan. It's good that you're recognizing that autopilot switching on and the stressors around you. Just keep doing the next right thing and it'll all work out.

Congrats on 44 days!

Dee74 03-24-2016 04:54 PM

Hope you're doing OK ICDB :)

D

ICanDoBetter 03-24-2016 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5868716)
Hope you're doing OK ICDB :) D

doing well.. Sipping soda over crushed ice and watching a movie with the family. :-)

ICanDoBetter 03-25-2016 06:09 AM

Today is day 45.

This exhaustion/oversleeping thing can end anytime. It's becoming a bit draining. I recognize its the compounded effect of stress and chaos and I just need to patient for it to resolve... But I want instant gratification darn it :-).

Mentally figuring out the plan for today. I need to study and clean and spend time with the kids. Strike a balance if you will. It shall all work out.

Dee74 03-25-2016 03:58 PM

Congrats on 45 ICDB :)
I hope you'll get your energy back soon - eat and sleep well and keep as active as you can :)

D

Soberwolf 03-25-2016 04:22 PM

You are doing amazing rome wasn't built in a day but your sure getting there hun x

ICanDoBetter 03-25-2016 07:15 PM

Thanks Dee and sw ☺️

ICanDoBetter 03-26-2016 02:12 AM

Today is day 46.

I spent yesterday with a horrible headache. We're I still drinking I'd say it was a hangover, sure felt like one.. But obviously that isn't what it was. I think perhaps it was from too much sleep and stress. Funny how sleeping too much can make you even more exhausted and feel poorly. Anyhow, we shall see. I fiddled with my latest puzzle on and off through the day and then sat plastered to a chair til I finished it in the evening simply because I'm tired of this one and wanted to be done with it, lol. I also got done some cleaning, dyed eggs with the kids, some other chores... But pushed off the stressful to-do's and studying. It would have been for naught yesterday. So that must begin today. I have six calendar days to study.

Have time at the gym on tap this morning and a family get together this afternoon. I slept horribly last night- but I did not oversleep. I never sleep that restfully when I have to be somewhere early.. Every little thing wakes me in a panic that I will oversleep. I'll have to see if I can sneak in a nap at some point later. Going to be a late evening to complete bunny preparation for the morning. :-)

And lest I forget, just before I woke up I had a strange and bizarre dream. Mish mash of various things, bite the key thing I recall is that I drank. It wasn't because I wanted to or sought it out. It was a random, celebration of a small group of people having achieved something, and one gentleman handed my husband and I each a beer. Withòut opening it I passed it along to my husband. The gentleman, innocently slid it back in front of me and clarified that he'd meant it to be for me - innocently, he just thought I'd not understood it was for me. I think that happened once more, and basically to be polite took a few sips while he was there, then when he left I gave the rest to my husband. Then in my dream I mentally debated myself as to whether this "counted" as drinking... That old alcoholic attempt to justify that as okay and I could still count the day a success.. Except I knew deep down that meant going back to day one and I couldn't now say it had been 45 days since my last drink. I've fought hard for each of those days and this dream was a good reminder that I need to remain vigilant and true to myself and my commitment first.

Soberwolf 03-26-2016 04:12 AM

Awesome post ICDB congrats on day 46 x

ICanDoBetter 03-26-2016 06:33 AM

Thanks sw :-).

Soberwolf 03-26-2016 06:50 AM

Anytime ICDB x

ICanDoBetter 03-27-2016 04:25 AM

Today is day 47.

Had a family event yesterday and it was really nice to not arrive with a buzz and worry that folks would be able to tell... Or spend the time visiting waiting to get home so I could drink again. :-)

Low key day on tap today... Kids have found their Easter eggs and are assembling Legos, and since we visited family yesterday today we get to just relax. I also have some studying to do and hoping my headache stays at bay.

And today i will not drink.