SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Feel so bad (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/384913-feel-so-bad.html)

Notimetoloose 02-12-2016 03:20 PM

(((Sacha)) I don't know why in some people finding that point of difference can be used in a divisive way and, then, why, others will follow..
...but I do know it is on them and pooey to them.
It shows poor character on their part.
Remember you are brave and strong...hold you head high and be very proud of what you have achieved and what an inspiration you are to all of us.
Take extra care of yourself, do things that you love and nurture you.

NB.It is interesting to note why your sobriety seems so threatening to them!

least 02-12-2016 03:32 PM

:hug: Don't pay any attention to them. :hug:

ReadyOrNot123 02-12-2016 03:43 PM

My first reaction is that maybe they were just teasing and didn't realize how obnoxious it is. But it doesn't sound like it from your most recent post. I'm sorry about that Sasha. People can be jerks and it sounds like you work with some of them.

4 years, that's impressive.

Dee74 02-12-2016 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sasha4 (Post 5793187)
I will try reading.

I just don't understand why it is so strange that somebody does not want to drink.
What is the big deal? Really?

I don't understand people who have an agenda. People who would step over you to get ahead.

I am tired of it all.
Thats why I want to sleep forever and a day.

some people are very immature and superficial.
Thats not a judgement call - it's a fact.

Generally I think those of us who've been 'through the fire' have embraced adulthood and we're generally deeper and more spiritual that that.

Thats why I asked if you had friends before Sasha. It's important to find people who understand you.

Apart from that, you sound depressed to me Sasha. Do you see a Dr or therapist for your depression?

D

Hevyn 02-12-2016 04:07 PM

I'm sorry you're feeling so low, Sasha. :hug: You know we love and care about you. I'm glad you wanted to talk about what's going on.

Sasha4 02-13-2016 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 5793364)
I'm sorry you're feeling so low, Sasha. :hug: You know we love and care about you. I'm glad you wanted to talk about what's going on.

I love you all too.
Each and everyone of you.
Please never stop loving me.
I don't know what I would do without you all.

Dee74 02-13-2016 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sasha4 (Post 5794064)
I love you all too.
Each and everyone of you.
Please never stop loving me.
I don't know what I would do without you all.

I don't know why you think that is even a possibility Sasha :)

D

Mags1 02-13-2016 12:53 AM

((((Sasha)))), sending you love.

My co workers think alcohol is the answer to everything, even on of the guys who has serious medical problems and has been told not to drink!

Sounds to me you're ahead of the game!

Meraviglioso 02-13-2016 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Sasha4 (Post 5793098)

I am a novelty to them.
I don't drink.
I don't smoke.
I don't swear.
They make fun and think the fact I don't swear, smoke or drink makes me a bore, a goody 2 shoes.
The reality - they don't know the damage I am capable of with a few vodka's inside me.
They don't know that I can drink harder and faster than any of them.
They don't know what a mess i am capable of making.

Sasha, do not give into this nonsense. I know how frustrating it is. I was in a very similar situation years ago. I had just over a year of sobriety. I was working in a very fast paced, competitive office with a strong team. We would often go out after work and I would get constantly made fun of for not drinking. One day I had had enough and I said "you know what you jerks, I could drink every last one of you under the table" and then I proceeded to do so.
For what? For what? I threw away my sobriety for people I considered jerks. I threw away my sobriety as some childish act of competition. I threw away my sobriety to fit in, to fit in with people who obviously did't have my best interests at heart.

I know you are feeling frustrated and let down. I would suggest finding outlets outside of work. Are there any clubs you can join that meet immediately after work so you have no time to hang around for chit-chat? A book club, walking club? I know how hard it is, I really do, but you cannot let these people get to you. They are wearing down your armor and are absolutely not worth it.

Sending you hugs.

Soberwolf 02-13-2016 01:48 AM

Sasha we'l never stop loving you x

Dropsie 02-13-2016 03:23 AM

Sasha,

Fours years -- wow. you rock.

I hate being addicted to alcohol, but what I can say wholeheartedly is that the process we go through makes us much more mature than the rest of the population.

Plus the fact that we have the strength to not drink - it scares people.

You scare them. Funny right, but its true.

Next time they go commando on you, just think how scared they must be to pick on someone as nice and kind and emotionally mature as you are.

But what you cannot ever do is take what they say to heart.

Because its stupid.

And you are not stupid.

I know its not easy, and I am not trying to imply it is, but if you can stay out of reactive mode and think through with your rational mind what they are saying - stupid. And mean.

I would suggest trying to stay away from them outside of work for a bit. Sounds like you need a break.

I agree with others that you sound depressed. Alcohol dependency and depression often go hand in hand and if you are depressed treatment does wonders. Believe me.

Lots of love from across the channel.

Sasha4 02-14-2016 12:37 PM

I don't have to see them outside of work.
I don't have to see them or ring them every day either.
I work on my own each day.
We are a regional team and we all work alone, but there can be the opportunity to meet up for lunch or for a quick coffee.
However, no-one has rung me for 2 weeks to say hello or how you finding it?

I just feel let down and isolated.
I wanted it to work out and I don't feel it has.
I said things that I should have kept to myself.
We have to do 6 months probabtion and after I got angry and upset and on the verge of tears at my first review, I can't see that they will want me to stay.

I just need to get out as soon as possible and move on.
I just hoped it would be the start of stable employment for me after being made redundant.
I thought everything had come full circle, but I see now it has not.

I'm disappointed and sad and embarrassed at what was said and how I behaved.
Thanks for being there for me

Jeni26 02-14-2016 01:15 PM

Oh my friend, I'm so sorry you are feeling down. You are worth more than them....some people are so 2 dimensional. You have many friends here who care for you, never forget.

How's that lovely little girl of yours? She will be looking up to her Mummy now...you are creating a solid sober life for her. That's worth more than superficial friendships xxx

sadsadgirl 02-14-2016 01:56 PM

Hi Sasha, your post really spoke to me. I have a similar fear about people judging me on my sober choice. It's so obvious how threatened these people are by you. But you probably won't be able to see it yet. Four years is a seriously impressive feat, you deserve a pat on the back not criticism. Please don't let them win.

Opivotal 02-14-2016 01:56 PM

Sasha, I'm sorry you're so down. Being sober for 4 years is no easy task. I think you're wonderful. Try not to be so hard on yourself.

Wanted to stop by and give you a mega hug. :hug: