SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   emotions and sobriety. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/382694-emotions-sobriety.html)

erfra7 01-28-2016 06:59 AM

Oh one more thing. I don't want to be a lone wolf no more went I start thinking that way last year I almost sure is went my depression start, plus how I can be is I have my own pack of 7 wolf and 3 little wolf's. :)

Soberwolf 01-28-2016 07:51 AM

Your doing good Erfra

erfra7 01-29-2016 04:56 PM

Well my depression is less, last Tuesday I start fighting back, I even saw my friend on a meeting this week and it was no so bad. Went I have a bad though I tell myself that it has not power no emotions no feelings and it looks like it works, and my vitamins too. I being telling myself to that I'm a good man, friend, father, co-worker, that I'm worth it, that I'm handsome :) . Oh and good grampa. God brought me out of my alcoholism and drug addiction plus my divorce I was in a bad dark hell , survive suicide God must know something that I don't and I want to find out what it is.

Dee74 01-29-2016 05:54 PM

God brought me out of my alcoholism and drug addiction plus my divorce I was in a bad dark hell , survive suicide God must know something that I don't and I want to find out what it is.
I think that's a great way to look at it and a fine way to live Erfra :)

Kris47 01-30-2016 06:17 AM

Good morning Erfra,

Have a good day! The sun is shining over here and that's good enough for me. Off to exercise this old body and mind a little.

Mountainmanbob 01-30-2016 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by erfra7 (Post 5733461)

my emotions are my trigger big time.

My sponsor early on in sobriety taught me that
I must keep a good balance between my thinking and emotions.

Full Definition of equanimity

plural equa·nim·i·ties

evenness of mind especially under stress <nothing could disturb his equanimity>

right disposition : balance <physical equanimity>

Examples of equanimity

Those who are doomed to become artists are seldom blessed with equanimity. They are tossed to drunken heights, only to be brought down into a sludge of headachy despair; their arrogance gives way to humiliation at the next curve of the switchback. —Patrick White, Flaws in the Glass, (1981) 1983

She's heading straight for us—he thought. … And his uneasiness grew by the recollection of the forty tons of dynamite in the body of the Ferndale; not the sort of cargo one thinks of with equanimity in connexion with a threatened collision. —Joseph Conrad, Chance, (1913) 1924

Soberwolf 01-30-2016 06:57 AM

have a great day Erfra

biminiblue 01-30-2016 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by erfra7 (Post 5768613)
Well my depression is less, last Tuesday I start fighting back, I even saw my friend on a meeting this week and it was no so bad. Went I have a bad though I tell myself that it has not power no emotions no feelings and it looks like it works, and my vitamins too. I being telling myself to that I'm a good man, friend, father, co-worker, that I'm worth it, that I'm handsome :) . Oh and good grampa. God brought me out of my alcoholism and drug addiction plus my divorce I was in a bad dark hell , survive suicide God must know something that I don't and I want to find out what it is.

This is beautiful, erfra. All of this, every word. :)

This is who you are, and who we all knew you are.

biminiblue 01-30-2016 10:14 AM

Also, that baby is adorable in your AV!

erfra7 01-31-2016 08:43 AM

here is what I'm doing to fight back my depression, push up's went I wake up, I went salsa last night with this lovely girl that love's me., is I go to pity mode, I tell myself Eric people love you7 kids, 2 my own , 5 step-kids 3 grand-kids, I got friends, here and in AA, my friend girl left me because she love's me at little too much and she need to do what's is right for her. God love's me . gratitude at this moment is my hold life. I will not give up with out a fight.

erfra7 02-01-2016 07:03 AM

Well this the part I don't like about depression the ups and downs in my life. Still missing my friend. I'm in fear, anxiety mode, and I don't like it. A drink will not fix me, it just will make worse. Maybe I have to live in a psychiatric ward and go out to work only. M'i going crazy?????????

biminiblue 02-01-2016 07:14 AM

Don't dwell. That's my best advice. Think of beautiful things.

I have to stop myself when/if I start going down those negative paths.

Google some nature images....

http://dpshots.com/images/uploads/20...irds_photo.jpg

biminiblue 02-01-2016 07:15 AM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...vxn3o1_500.gif

SoberLeigh 02-01-2016 07:24 AM

I agree with bim, erfra. When those negative thoughts enter your mind, don't dwell on them. Deliberately and consciously push those thoughts aside and concentrate on positive thoughts. Think of your grandchildren, practice those new Salsa steps, read a book.

We are with you, erfra.

erfra7 02-01-2016 10:40 AM

I will
I'm
Thank you.

Kris47 02-01-2016 12:02 PM

Try reading Around the Year with Emmet Foxx.

Sermon on the Mount, also.

erfra7 02-02-2016 06:39 AM

OK I look forward to find it and them read it.
I have hope that I will get better. I can feel the difference from a week ago, I still woke up with fear and worry or maybe anxiety but yesterday I start my day like that, and end it up with content. Last night I went to a friend one year cake, that's great.
My old sponsor give me the news that he is engaged. Wow I can see the promises working on him. I felt so grateful for you guys, that I smile for having some friends around the world..
I love me I love being sober and clean.

Kris47 02-02-2016 07:21 AM

"Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly"..............................

We are healing Erfra.

Soberwolf 02-02-2016 09:35 AM

Your doing great Erfra

Breathing exercises are essential for anxiety they really help me as does mindfulness

A breathing exercise that calms panic attacks.

Deep Breathing Instructions for Calming Panic

3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can Practice*Anywhere - Self help for anxiety - Anxiety Slayer

https://youtu.be/daU-xneLA0g

erfra7 02-03-2016 06:53 AM

Right now I'm doing the breathing exercises and it helps I do it through the day, where ever I'm.
I'm getting better. I'm healing. Some times quickly sometimes slowly, :)