SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Change is possible! Weekender Jan 8th (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/382493-change-possible-weekender-jan-8th.html)

melki 01-07-2016 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by brynn (Post 5729198)
((((Melki)))) :hug: do you have to see the relatives? And yes...stay close.

They're coming to see the kids, and the kids love them. :gaah

hehehe, holy crap, this smiley is so me right now.............

gettingsmarter 01-07-2016 06:53 PM

Checking in yall.
Hope you're having a nice sober evening.
Not so young kid called me Mister at the gym LOL. Guess that makes me officially old.
Early morning tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

brynn 01-07-2016 07:00 PM

Well, crud Melki :( :hug:
Ok...so, when I HAVE to see someone I can't stand or do something I don't want to do I say to myself...In 24 hours this will all be over (insert appropriate time) and then I'll do xyz for myself, or I think...by this time tomorrow (or Saturday or Tuesday or whatever) this will all be behind me and then I'll treat myself to xyz.
Silly, but helps me remember that it won't last forever.
Xo

brynn 01-07-2016 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by gettingsmarter (Post 5729251)
Checking in yall.
Hope you're having a nice sober evening.
Not so young kid called me Mister at the gym LOL. Guess that makes me officially old.
Early morning tomorrow. Sweet dreams.

Night old man :lmao

BixBees505 01-07-2016 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 5729165)

What, with some of the days Folks here had, it's time to designate a new Particle. I propose we call them TriggerTrons. Fortunately, they seem to dissipate on their own.

Like!!

brynn 01-07-2016 07:10 PM

Oh yeah...forgot to say I like the Trigger Trons, too!

happyandfree 01-07-2016 07:50 PM

Goodnight everyone!
:Wburn

Ruby2 01-07-2016 07:55 PM

Goodnight HaF!

Melki, hugs! I understand. My mother in law is one of THOSE people who I'd dearly love to throttle. But my kids LOVE her. She picks them up from school once a week. I usually keep to myself when she's here and let the kids hang out with her. Or run errands. Or go to an AA meeting, or find something I need to cook or clean in the kitchen. You get the drift. Hang in there.

BigS have a safe trip home. I'm sure it was a comfort to your mom to have you there.

Sao, you'll do just fine.

MesaMan 01-07-2016 08:09 PM

I read Tetra's Posts today, and thought 'Sheesh'.

I read BigS's Post, and thought 'Double Sheesh'.

And then, I read Melki's Post that Relatives were coming to visit. The term TriggerTrons instantly and spontaneously popped into my Head with no prior thinking of it whatsoever.

I think I'd rather stick sharp Bamboo Shards coated with Hot Sauce under my Fingernails than have Relatives visit.

But hey, that's just me! One Relative I like called me 'an aloof A**hole'; given how I historically handle Boundary-impaired Relatives. I walk away. But, that's because I usually can. One advantage of aging. They've mostly crossed over to The Other Side.

When my FIL overstayed his welcome one time - an interminable 8 Days - I walked my Suitcase out to my SUV, and checked into a Motel. Problem solved. His idiotic Son blew up my Studio Monitor Speakers years ago. I immediately drove him to an Airport Motel later that same day. There are blinking Lamps on the front of them that indicate they're being over-powered. Unlike Home Speakers, Studio Monitors are about impossible to damage. They're really robust. And, costly. Speaker Voice Coil Wires are coated with Lacquer. When it overheats, it smells like a sickening combo of burning Nail Polish Remover, and burning Hair. I walked into our House, and immediately freaked out because I knew from the stench what was happening. I burst into Tears. Oh, and the Stereo Sound Level was about 120 Decibels. This was after he almost burned down our House by leaving a Pot of hard boiled Eggs on 'HIGH' at 2 AM, and falling asleep. I got the Stories if you got the time.

An old Saying comes to mind: 'Relatives are like Fish - both are OK for about 3 days'.

Melina 01-07-2016 08:20 PM

Here. Tired. Crabby.

I hit my limit mentally with info at new job today.

I wanted to come home and crash but the bf and child were there, and loud.

It's difficult bc we are no longer a couple, and I'm trying to extricate myself from mommy stuff. Whoa is it ever hard, emotionally.

I'm still looking for apartments. Tough stuff.

I need food and a hug and then some ice cream. I may just have ice cream, though.

I'm still sober, though. That's a miracle. I should get better at counting blessings and worse at creating anxiety based on ego and fear.

Trees39 01-07-2016 09:05 PM

I'm in.

That's bloody tough Melina.

saoutchik 01-07-2016 10:51 PM

Morning everyone,

Sorry things are tough Melina, I hope you find a new apartment soon

Dragging myself to work reluctantly this morning

Behan 01-07-2016 11:30 PM

Morning all!

Best of luck today Sao.

Safe travels BigS. Glad you were fully present for your grandmother.

I hope you get a new place soon Melina, that sounds overwhelming.

I propose after our all expenses trip to K's B&B, we all head up to visit MesaMan!!!

Have a great day all!

B

JamesSquire 01-07-2016 11:36 PM

I'm in.
Going out to dinner with friends for my birthday, I'm designated driver, best way not to drink.
Got a head start on the weekend, it's presently 5:35pm 08/01/2016.
Have a good day/night everyone
JS

tufty13 01-07-2016 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Melina (Post 5729383)

I should get better at counting blessings and worse at creating anxiety based on ego and fear.

Amen to that! Let me know if you find the answer to that puzzle.

PLEASE!

PurpleKnight 01-08-2016 01:22 AM

Morning Weekenders, I'm in for the Weekend!! :)

Just arrived in work and getting my coffee on, it's a cold icy morning here, but nothing a warm mug can't sort out!! :winter9

This weekend I've got an ice hockey game on, working Saturday too though, but only a half day in the morning.

Now speaking of change, this weekend sees the beginning of the NFL playoffs, at this point I'm gonna shamelessly (hope you don't mind Ken) plug our NFL support thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

If like me sport always came hand in hand with alcohol, well l can assure you there is another way, we can change up our routines, enjoy sport for sport itself and not for what is in our glass, everyone is welcome to join in our NFL Playoff bracket competition for that added extra support around watching the NFL all the way to the Super Bowl.

Let's keep it Sober Weekenders!! :grouphug:

Behan 01-08-2016 01:54 AM

Nice one PK. The temperature has certainly dropped and it is set to continue.

Soberwolf 01-08-2016 02:30 AM

Morning gang

melki 01-08-2016 03:30 AM

bimini, you were so smart to get off that Nurse Jackie ride. I now quickly need something upbeat to rinse off my palette. Depressing. Beware. Not a show about redemption.

Does anybody watch the sitcom Last Man Standing? It's cute. With Tim Allen, the guy from Home Improvement, and the show has a similar tone.

brynn, yes, it will be over Sunday night. I need to plan something to look forward to before another crazy work week...

Mesa, good one, the air is buzzing with Trigger Trons! http://www.canebas.org/Weather/LWC_f...zed_smiley.gif

Ruby, we see them a couple times a year. I usually am extremely busy when they come. I have a mile-long list for this weekend too.

Thanks for the support, you guys! :grouphug:

Melina, hang in there, it's almost a weekend and you can catch your breath. You are in a very tough spot and need your own place as soon as possible... :hug:

Weasel1966 01-08-2016 04:05 AM

Morning! I am at work feeling better but still ugly from the man flu. I worked and stayed the course when in the old days I would have called out cuz it would have gotten much worse with the combined hangover. Proud of myself.

I have everything to leave right from here to head to the white mountains to see family. First time in 4 years. Should be fun.

Talk later before I go. Then I will be out of contact until tomorrow morning on my return home,

K