SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Relapse prevention weekender Dec 18 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/381093-relapse-prevention-weekender-dec-18-a.html)

Mark1014 12-19-2015 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 5696650)
One of my Sober Epiphanies is that I've become - turned back into - the Person I actually am, and was when young.
.......I'm now way comfy with The Essential Me. Achieving and defending that comfort reduces the Static in my Head.

Oh boy that's good stuff! Earlier on I wouldn't have thought that sentiment could ever apply to me as alcohol had made my perspective overwhelmingly negative. As mex suggested I likely would have resented reading it. My perspective was completely unreliable. To have the realization that alcohol's grip on my perspective is giving way to someone inside me I'd almost forgotten! Grateful I am this morning.

Gym time. :)

waywardson8260 12-19-2015 05:27 AM

Good morning. I'm having my morning coffee while catching up on posts. I feel good and am thankful that I am able to put in the hard work into this. Everyone here at SoberRecovery have been awesome.

Soberpotamus 12-19-2015 06:08 AM

Katie is cozy on her dog cot this morning. It's 28F here! She's wearing her fleece sweater. :)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...psrm343cgi.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps0byibqr5.jpg

MLD51 12-19-2015 06:18 AM

Cold here this morning. 11 degrees. I'll dig out my dog's sweater. He doesn't love it, but once it's on, he's more comfy outside.

Soberpotamus 12-19-2015 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 5697130)
Cold here this morning. 11 degrees.

:dee

Below 32F, here in the south, is "cold." Haha! My goodness, 11F? Brrrr. Wowzers.

happyandfree 12-19-2015 06:27 AM

Good morning!
oreos instead of booze is such a good idea.
weasel, your kitty is beautiful and olives painting is really special.
Rub, how's your Dad today? I hope the spell he had was a minor setback.
I'm drinking coffee and basking in the fact that I don't have to rush off or do anything today. I have some errands planned and a birthday party. ..all fun stuff. I love weekends.
I want to cook something different this weekend. Better pull out my cookbooks since I don't have any ideas. I always make the same old meals.
ok..see you all later. Have a great day! !

Soberpotamus 12-19-2015 06:31 AM

At some point today, I'll make this Crusty Macaroni & Cheese.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ticleLarge.jpg

Crusty Macaroni and Cheese Recipe - NYT Cooking

Olive1 12-19-2015 06:32 AM

Good morning Sober Enders!! Weasel, I am so glad you like it!! It was such a sweet picture you had of him, such a sweet face!! I couldn't resist painting him. :hug:

Well, plan for the day....bake cookies to take to the wretched party. And then wretched party itself. Have i mentioned I don't want to go? ;) And yes, I could just not go I suppose. But I am trying not to give myself permission to not have any human contact. I almost always pass on all other social functions, so I think I can show up for just this one.
Chocolate chip cookies and snowball tea cake cookies, that should warm up the house!! :)

Soberwolf 12-19-2015 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 5697144)

Remember to post the recipe for me & Op in the recipe thread SP x

Soberpotamus 12-19-2015 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5697155)
Remember to post the recipe for me & Op in the recipe thread SP x

Will do, SW. I will even take pics this time. :)

Soberwolf 12-19-2015 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Olive1 (Post 5697148)
Good morning Sober Enders!! Weasel, I am so glad you like it!! It was such a sweet picture you had of him, such a sweet face!! I couldn't resist painting him. :hug:

Well, plan for the day....bake cookies to take to the wretched party. And then wretched party itself. Have i mentioned I don't want to go? ;) And yes, I could just not go I suppose. But I am trying not to give myself permission to not have any human contact. I almost always pass on all other social functions, so I think I can show up for just this one.
Chocolate chip cookies and snowball tea cake cookies, that should warm up the house!! :)

Your painting was awesome you have skills olive

happyandfree 12-19-2015 06:42 AM

That macaroni and cheese looks delish... and easy to make. ..

Olive1 12-19-2015 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5697157)
Your painting was awesome you have skills olive

Thank you, Wolfie!!!!
:hug:

ZeldaFan 12-19-2015 06:54 AM

Good morning all! I got a WONDERFUL night's sleep last night and woke up feeling great. Got my shower and some laundry going, coffee is brewing and it's time to fix some breakfast. Then, the dreaded gift wrapping, haha.

Soberpotamus, Katie is so cute!

saoutchik 12-19-2015 07:04 AM

You have really captured Henry's intelligent look Olive, what an awesome gift. I am in Sclater Street outside Lik Neon which is where my new blue trousers are from. I didn't even know they sold mens clothes but sadly I knew the people from the Off Licence next door only too well - I bet takings are down this year now I've stopped drinking.

If you can get it (and have not already seen it) I would recommend Scandwegian crime drama The Bridge MidnightBlue. First rate.

That macaroni cheese looks good SoberP

I was behind two South Asian women who spent £260 in LIDL! and none of it on booze. My spend £29 - barely a tenth

Daughter/SIL & grandaughters payed a flying visit this morning on their way to Ikea - rather them than me, especially at this time of the year

All the talk of low temperatures, here in London it is 15.5C or 60F and I am wearing a t shirt

MesaMan 12-19-2015 07:16 AM

So, SP...

Have I told you lately that you'll make somebody a great lil Wife someday? Man, that is some fine lookin' MacCheese! OK, OK, and some nice Dog Pix, too.

'Sposed to hit mid-40s F today, and that's decent Temps with the Sun blazing. 20 F [-7 C] Degrees here now. A promising Sunrise is shown below. A Driveway Gravel Hauler Dude might stop by to look at the aging ATV w/Snow Plow Blade he might want to buy. I might offer him special 'As Is' Pricing. We'll see...

Some pleasant activity last night from our nice pair of Resident Hooters. The Owls were 'talking' back and forth over several hundred Feet from opposite sides of the House. 'Tis also reassuring that they're keeping down the burgeoning Mouse Population 'round here.

BS's salient line about 'Don't feel comfortable?' reminded me again of the Ben & Jerry's Bumper Sticker I cited recently: 'If It's Not Fun Why Do It'? My Personal Mantra for all things Holiday, and things Party-related. I seem to be making good headway on avoiding my most dreaded, pissing-offing Scenario: being the only non-Drinker while stuck with a bunch of Drinkers. So far, so good. While it ideally ought not to be the case, I find that simply suggesting that we drive somewhere in 2 Cars adequately signals my reluctance to stick sharp Bamboo Shoots under my Fingernails, and get stuck around Holidazed Drunks.

I'm glad to read of your Dad's 'quick' Care, Ruby, after that lil Event. Progress = good. Another nice one, Mec...

Kewl Talent, Olive! I'll have to try having some of that in my next Life... :hypnotize

- 'Ringing Of The Bells' ~ The Muppets - Time -> 1:25 -

http://i66.tinypic.com/nfslug.jpg

MidnightBlue 12-19-2015 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by saoutchik (Post 5697201)

If you can get it (and have not already seen it) I would recommend Scandwegian crime drama The Bridge MidnightBlue. First rate.

Yes, Sao, Bridge is one of my all-time favs. Saw Seasons 1 and 2 like 5 times. Third one was good too.

Soberpotamus 12-19-2015 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 5697221)
So, SP...

Have I told you lately that you'll make somebody a great lil Wife someday?

:c008:

brynn 12-19-2015 07:32 AM

Better late than never! :)

I'm here and am attempting to catch up on all the shenanigans!
Xo

Soberpotamus 12-19-2015 07:33 AM

^^^ Yay!!!! :)