SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Newcomers Weekender Thread Nov 27 Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/380026-newcomers-weekender-thread-nov-27-pt-2-a.html)

Melina 11-29-2015 10:09 AM

Hi everyone!

Hugs to Tetra, I'm sorry your mother was rude to you.

Lunar, wowowowow on your pets! They are amazing!

Behan, I was hoping you could get some sleep!

Abraxas, congratulations on no drinking and no smoking, that is WONDERFUL!

biminiblue 11-29-2015 10:09 AM

I also have pictures of my mother and father at age three. They started out innocent and undamaged, too. It's a good reminder.

Soberpotamus 11-29-2015 10:19 AM

I would like to point out that if I or others discuss parents, childhood, and the past, that in no way indicates we are living in the past and bemoaning our childhood. Sometimes, it's necessary and healthy to talk about and divulge things that, if held inside, can be hurtful and damaging.

Specifically, if I discuss my mom or grandmom (or dad or grandad), it's not an indictment or a finger pointing blame game :) It's anything but that really.

We all come to healing in different ways.

biminiblue 11-29-2015 10:24 AM

Well, I wouldn't call it bemoaning. Not many people get a perfect childhood, and it does affect how we react to life. Self-examination is important. Re-parenting ourselves is the answer.

Stuff is going to continue to come up. The brain doesn't delete stuff. I have learned how to file it in the back room, though. Mostly :wink3:

saoutchik 11-29-2015 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus (Post 5666462)
I would like to point out that if I or others discuss parents, childhood, and the past, that in no way indicates we are living in the past and bemoaning our childhood. Sometimes, it's necessary and healthy to talk about and divulge things that, if held inside, can be hurtful and damaging.

Specifically, if I discuss my mom or grandmom (or dad or grandad), it's not an indictment or a finger pointing blame game :) It's anything but that really.

We all come to healing in different ways.

My parents are lousy (they are both still alive) but that had nothing to do with my drinking alcoholically. I definitely shut them out of my thoughts and barely mention them to anyone. Maybe it's wrong but I have closed the door on their part in my life.

From the ridiculous to the sublime - I have just eaten melted chillie chocolate with vanilla ice cream - get in!

LBrain 11-29-2015 10:36 AM

serenity now!
As I was making a salad I decided to pick up the jug of E.V.O.O by the lid. So as I was grabbing a hand full of paper towels and wiping it up before it ran between the stove and counter top - too late - the brussels sprouts started to smoke as they were finishing in a pan with butter...

Looks like a trip to singer supply is in order. My old cheap cruets didn't last long and started leaking. Fortunately there is a restaurant supply very close. I spent a lot there over the years - for a home cook.
I'm listening to 'Seven Year Itch' by Collective Soul. I started thinking this could be a greatest hits album all the songs are good - I'm not familiar with their work. Looked it up to discover it IS a greatest hits album. ;)

Wifely duties are finished for now. A nice piece of tuna done on the pan... turkey skeleton is boiling away. Should be soup later tonight.

MLD51 11-29-2015 10:40 AM

Here's how I'm spending my afternoon - babysitting duty for grandma. :)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2wfiufc.jpg

LBrain 11-29-2015 10:54 AM

maybe something to change the mood?

BixBees505 11-29-2015 11:00 AM

Self care...full circle...it is our responsibility to learn what we need and how to provide it healthily. I have learned a lot in a short time on these threads. That is a fact.

Soberpotamus 11-29-2015 11:01 AM

She's adorable, Marty :)

Um, she or he, either way, adorable.

BixBees505 11-29-2015 11:02 AM

Fire in the hearth, Adele on the stereo...just me and the Christmas tree now...I am going to win.

Melina 11-29-2015 11:10 AM

Oh my goodness, Marty! What a little nugget of adorableness!!

Beautiful!!!

MLD51 11-29-2015 11:12 AM

Girl, and her nickname is Nugget!

biminiblue 11-29-2015 11:15 AM

Daw. Bebbies. :) She is really cute.

lunar 11-29-2015 11:17 AM

Thank's Mart!
Hello Nugget!
Priceless!!

MLD51 11-29-2015 11:20 AM

I hope she naps. She fights them. Too busy doing stuff. It's exhausting. Daughter is moving today and needed me to watch her - no problem, really, but more than 10 minutes' warning would have been nice. :)

Behan 11-29-2015 11:26 AM

Hi nugget!!!

Soberpotamus 11-29-2015 11:31 AM

Nugget!! :) So cute!

saoutchik 11-29-2015 11:43 AM

Howdy nugget, she's lovely Marty

I have just been to Old Street Station to find out about Xmas timetable as the website is saying nothing. There was a drunk woman (30 ish) there with a party frock that didn't cover her butt. She was being looked after by an older sober guy but she was in no state to travel. Weird sensation of being a bit concerned but still copping an eyeful at the same time

happyandfree 11-29-2015 11:45 AM

Nugget is adorable! Lucky grandma mld.
tetra...although the witch is hurtful, I don't think it has anything to do with you. It sounds like she is moody and takes it out on whoever is around her. I bet she's mean to your dad sometimes too.
Venecia. ..how's the date?
Well, I finished raking all my leaves and now I'm exhausted. Tomorrow is the green trash pickup and I have 9 huge bags of leaves on the curb. I'm glad I did it and happy it's done.
Watching football but my team isn't doing well. I may move to my bed for a nap soon.
I love sundays! !!!

saoutchik 11-29-2015 11:57 AM

Just seen a friend of mine from Box Park pop up mall interviewed on TV (subject - the death of the high street shop)

biminiblue 11-29-2015 12:09 PM

my movie. The lead guitar guy (Billy Crudup) ran away to a party and got messed up on LSD, and they had to come get him. He did it because the band had a big fight. This is the redemption song. :)

One of the best lines of the movie, Kate Hudson (Penny Lane) saying, "You ARE home."

MLD51 11-29-2015 12:20 PM

Nugget finally wore herself out. Whew.

Soberwolf 11-29-2015 12:25 PM

Evening guys

Ruby2 11-29-2015 12:30 PM

We're back. Marty, Nugget is a doll. Glad she wore herself out. Everyone gets to rest then.

Time to get rolling on getting ready for Monday. Yuck.

Venecia, I hope it's going well.

Weasel1966 11-29-2015 12:56 PM

Night SW!

Night Nugget!!

Night World!!!

Night Miss Olive!!!!

Olive1 11-29-2015 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Sunday Enders!!!

Spend yesterday doing artsy and craftsy christmas things. Went out in the evening to get more and decided to do a little light finding.
This neighborhood by the zoo, all of the businesses put up their monkey lights during the holiday season. One of my favorite drive by's.

:)

Olive1 11-29-2015 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another....

Olive1 11-29-2015 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another.....

Olive1 11-29-2015 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 5666640)
Night SW!

Night Nugget!!

Night world!!!

Night Miss Olive!!!!

:hug: