SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A Newcomers Weekender Thread Nov 27 Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/380026-newcomers-weekender-thread-nov-27-pt-2-a.html)

Melina 11-30-2015 11:36 PM

Congrats, Ruby! You are so awesome!

My thoughts will be with you and your dad today. Wishing him the best for good results and a peaceful recovery. We are here for you.

I'm 6 months today so you are definitely an inspiration to me! I can't wait for two years of this deliciousness! Maybe I'll get my brain power all back by then, woot woot!

Melina 11-30-2015 11:49 PM

Hey so even though I didn't fire that guy today, I get to do two tmro to make up for it. Good times, sighhhh.

These are grown men who can't make it to work on time and/or call off with ridiculous excuses. And one threatened another employee for telling him how to drain the sinks properly and then called him a snitch a&& b$&€% for telling the supervisor on duty.

There is a bad culture vibe going around of people trying to make their work bend to their personal circumstances, but not the right way. They give us the sob story after the fact when their credibility has been shot and the trust has been broken. It's never beforehand when we could actually help them.

I get to the point where it becomes very cut and dried and I say look, here's what we do here. You come and perform tasks in the time scheduled. For that, you are compensated. That is the transaction, that is the relationship. If you are unwilling or unable to perform your end of the bargain, we must part ways.

Funny thing is I say this in every job interview and they all tell me sunshine, rainbows and puppies about how it's going to be so wonderful.

During the termination I say it again and I often get called a bogus white b$%#€ that personally has it out for them. I'm guess I'm terrible bc I notice when ppl are chronically late, high, drunk, violent, incapable, unwilling and other stuff I am paid to monitor and report.

I don't know why it matters that I'm white when they are being terminated. They don't ever mention my race during the initial job interview. But I understand they are mad and just saying anything. I've been fired before too and I know how awful it feels.

So there's that to look forward to tmro, sarcasmmmmm

Weasel1966 12-01-2015 01:49 AM

Morning everyone!!!!!

Our very own Miss Ruby has a special day today. Enjoy!!!!

As for me... Therapy tonight. I have a lot going on. I might not share as much but I got a lot of growing happening. I am a very different person I feel than this time last year and yet nothing seems to have changed. Odd. Well that could just be me. I am such a routine person that on the outside nothing would be different. Everything in the apartment will be in its place this time next year. Hahaha.... But inside things are different.

I am learning a new value system and its painful.

Work... Well that is off the charts wonderful. I have had the best year ever in my career. I am lined up for some pretty amazing rewards and I feel they are coming.

Guess I am just growing up a bit.

Ugggg... Need to practice my running for the big race in ... Yikes... 11 days.

But I went to work yesterday and kept reminding myself. Ken... Just relax and enjoy this time. Take it all in now. Ok.... That's what I will do.

Have a great big sober Tuesday!!!! Today is all we've got.

K

Tetra 12-01-2015 01:49 AM

Congratulations on two years Ruby.
Thoughts and prayers for your dad :grouphug:

Soberwolf 12-01-2015 02:26 AM

Doing lots of reading & research

Jsbodhi 12-01-2015 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by soberwolf (Post 5668774)
Doing lots of reading & research

On what sw?

MLD51 12-01-2015 04:20 AM

Congratulations on two years, Ruby :)

I'll be sending good vibes for your dad today. Hoping the surgery goes well.

We were supposed to get this huuuuuuge scary snowstorm yesterday/last night. Well, it's kind of a bust. It stayed too warm and there was a lot of rain mixed in. Yesterday morning we did get about 3 inches, which messed up the roads big time during rush hour. But then the additional 6 inches we were supposed to get just didn't happen. I'm happy about this. I haven't gotten my snow blower out and gassed up yet!

Ruby2 12-01-2015 04:44 AM

Well Marty, I'm glad your snow storm was a bust since Mr. Ruby was driving through your neck of the woods yesterday.

Thanks everyone for positive thoughts for my dad and well wishes.

I left just cooked ground beef on the stove last night. Forgot to put it away. Argh. What a waste. I was too distracted last night.

Have a stellar Tuesday! Congratulations Melina on six months. That is huge. You've been a great presence here.

Olive1 12-01-2015 04:48 AM

Happy Tuesday!!
Happy Ruby Tuesday!!!
Happy Ruby Twosday!!!!

:)

MLD51 12-01-2015 04:58 AM

Whoops - I missed Melina's 6 months! Way to go!

Behan 12-01-2015 05:06 AM

Anniversary overload!

Well done on 2 years Ruby! Fantastic!!

Congratulations on 6 months Melina!!

Well done guys. Ye are lights of inspiration.

B

Behan 12-01-2015 05:07 AM

And best wishes to your Father Ruby. He will be in my thoughts.

B

Venecia 12-01-2015 05:17 AM

Congrats, Melina!

Congrats, Ruby!

Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts, Ruby.

Off to work. The storm was, as Marty notes, mostly a bust. They often are. It's when they aren't ... ugh.

saoutchik 12-01-2015 05:28 AM

Congratulations on 6 months Melina (sorry I missed that this morning)

Ruby I left my Shepard's Pie in the oven for about 10 minutes too long last night No need to throw it away but it is a bit crispy on top

Soberpotamus 12-01-2015 05:34 AM

Congratulations on two years, Ruby :)

You and your Dad will be in my thoughts.

xoxo

Soberpotamus 12-01-2015 05:39 AM

Melina, congrats on six months :)

brynn 12-01-2015 05:46 AM

Way to go on two years Ruby! :)

And congrats on six months Melina! :)

I remember being brand new here and thinking 'that person's been sober a year, two years, a month?!?! WTD??? No freaking way!!' I even thought people must be fudging on the numbers a little ha! Now I get it. I see it is indeed possible. Time flies but days are sometimes really long. Y'all are awesome!
Xo

brynn 12-01-2015 05:48 AM

And you and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers, Ruby. Keep us updated :hug:

Soberpotamus 12-01-2015 05:48 AM

My jaw surgery is set for January 12th. I think I'll start a surgery journal type thread, to document my thoughts and feelings, and the actual surgery and results. Mostly to dispel my anxiety.

Soberpotamus 12-01-2015 06:15 AM

Off to work for a few hours. See you all soon!