SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hey guys (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/378726-hey-guys.html)

ccam1973 11-06-2015 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by SDH73 (Post 5631781)
Thanks, ccam. I have found in the past that being here every day - especially early on - is very helpful. In the past I've sort of drifted away as "sober life" took over and other sober activities took hold, but I've been back here reading pretty much daily for the last couple of months. Just didn't want to post while I was actively drinking.

Looking back at my relapses after some sober time, on each one I drifted away from SR. I guess i became complacent and eventually forgot that I am am an alcoholic. This community is my only source for recovery. This time around, I'm staying close too.

Fantastic job on day 2!

loulou1981 11-06-2015 01:29 PM

Welcome back SDH, I've tried it so many times, I just can't do it either!!!! Its all or nothing!

OpenTuning 11-06-2015 01:34 PM

Hi SDH73

Using some of your new sober time to work on your music, write some songs maybe, sounds wonderful. Destroying things is easy. Creating is so much more challenging and rewarding.

sva777 11-06-2015 01:57 PM

Good luck I tried to moderate but eventually got it in my thick skull that I am an alcoholic and I can't go near the stuff. It isn't really all that great anyway, I don't know looking back why I ingested so much of that poison over and over again.

Hevyn 11-06-2015 02:25 PM

Good to see you back with us, SDH. Same thing happens to most of us when we try to moderate. It goes well for a while, and we feel encouraged - then it all falls apart again. I'm glad you wanted to talk about what happened - we care. :)

Venecia 11-06-2015 02:54 PM

Good to see you, SDH. Sounds like you've got your priorities straight and strategies to achieve them. It's all doable. :)

Fluffer 11-06-2015 04:41 PM

Welcome back, SDH. Rootin' for ya!

Soberpotamus 11-06-2015 05:02 PM

Welcome back, SDH :)

Dee74 11-06-2015 05:05 PM

Welcome back S :)

D

Lucie29 11-06-2015 05:12 PM

I'm in the same boat as you SDH! Back at square one. Went out a few times and only had a few drinks and things were fine. I wasn't drinking daily, only once a week or so, then a little more, then boom, blackout on a Wednesday night for no reason. I felt ashamed to come back and post as well, but we all have to support each other to beat this terrible disease. We've all tried, and all failed. Good luck to you, and keep posting!

CurlyGirl1978 11-06-2015 05:19 PM

Hello SDH73! Glad you joined! I did that once, lingered around SR until I had some days under my wings once but it only led to still being isolated from the support, which made it easier to pick up the bottle(s) again. That's why this time, I'm reporting on day 1. I've also been where you were, trying to moderate, which worked sometimes....no, who am I kidding, that never worked for me, except 3 out of every 100 times. Trading Vodka for beer, or for wine, something less intoxicating...we've all been there. But we fall down and get up.