SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The Last 1st of the Month..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/378441-last-1st-month.html)

Soberish 11-01-2015 05:12 PM

The Last 1st of the Month.....

was the day I decided to quit smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol. So its been a whole month now and I suppose it has gotten better. Its hard to say what's really been affecting my mood though because I also moved to a new city and started a new school on top of deciding to go sober. Some days are alright and others like today aren't. You know if I didn't have this "new life" on top of this "new sober" it would be so much easier, but then again it could be so much worse I suppose. I had the thought of grabbing a beer tonight so I could unwind but I'm not going to do that, it was just a thought. I know I know, congrats on a month but I'm starting to wonder what's the point? Maybe its just another bad day.

JD 11-01-2015 05:18 PM

Good work Soberish! Just hang in there. Emotions will be up and down for awhile. If you're having a bad day just wait a day or two and it will get better.

soberclover 11-01-2015 05:20 PM

Yup....it's another bad day. You will get those. And you will get good days......many more of those type days when you are sober :)

(I used to want to punch those people in the head who said "It will get better; just wait for the miracle!". But I have to say........it will get better....really.)

least 11-01-2015 05:25 PM

A month is good, but still early. Give yourself more sober time for things to even out. It will get better, I promise. :)

Fly N Buy 11-01-2015 05:38 PM

We don't have to act on thoughts, there is a choice. What's the point??!!?
For me it's life, purpose and hope. I have no idea what the point is for you - but certainly sounds like you have some terrific opportunities in front of you, friend.

When I forget - I do an A thru Z one word gratitude list. Use to take me a long time, now I can do one in under two minutes

glad you're here - grats on a month!!

soulpower89 11-01-2015 05:43 PM

It seems so small, perhaps, but I just got here - and if I get to a month without a drink, I'll be jumping for joy. I can barely think of going a whole week without being sorely tempted, so... it really is something! A month becomes two, becomes three...becomes a year. We're always going to have ups and downs. What doesn't knock you down will make you stronger.

thomas11 11-01-2015 05:47 PM

The way I see it, you are having a bad day and a beer would bring some relief, and it might be true. But if you like many of us, if you drink, tomorrow will be worse than today. Good job on a month.

Soberish 11-01-2015 07:05 PM

You are all right, and deep down I know this. I just get tired of grinding down another day and keeping up with everything else in the process. It's like where are the brakes? I guess its good because boredom just brings problems but I feel like I haven't had much time to sit down and enjoy with all this homework I sometimes can't even focus on with a clear head. And then after waking up to a slow day that barely gets going around the evening, I go back to sleep and wake up to the same cycle. I don't know why the brain fog hits me the hardest during mornings and afternoons but typically subsides during the evening. I guess I should be thankful I have a clearer mind during the evenings. Overall, I'm glad I'm sober because its better than having the constant internal nagging of constantly telling myself to quit using.

Soberwolf 11-02-2015 12:52 AM

:c014: