Notices

The Last 1st of the Month.....

Old 11-01-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Last 1st of the Month.....

was the day I decided to quit smoking marijuana and drinking alcohol. So its been a whole month now and I suppose it has gotten better. Its hard to say what's really been affecting my mood though because I also moved to a new city and started a new school on top of deciding to go sober. Some days are alright and others like today aren't. You know if I didn't have this "new life" on top of this "new sober" it would be so much easier, but then again it could be so much worse I suppose. I had the thought of grabbing a beer tonight so I could unwind but I'm not going to do that, it was just a thought. I know I know, congrats on a month but I'm starting to wonder what's the point? Maybe its just another bad day.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Good work Soberish! Just hang in there. Emotions will be up and down for awhile. If you're having a bad day just wait a day or two and it will get better.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup....it's another bad day. You will get those. And you will get good days......many more of those type days when you are sober

(I used to want to punch those people in the head who said "It will get better; just wait for the miracle!". But I have to say........it will get better....really.)
Old 11-01-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A month is good, but still early. Give yourself more sober time for things to even out. It will get better, I promise.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

We don't have to act on thoughts, there is a choice. What's the point??!!?
For me it's life, purpose and hope. I have no idea what the point is for you - but certainly sounds like you have some terrific opportunities in front of you, friend.

When I forget - I do an A thru Z one word gratitude list. Use to take me a long time, now I can do one in under two minutes

glad you're here - grats on a month!!
Old 11-01-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It seems so small, perhaps, but I just got here - and if I get to a month without a drink, I'll be jumping for joy. I can barely think of going a whole week without being sorely tempted, so... it really is something! A month becomes two, becomes three...becomes a year. We're always going to have ups and downs. What doesn't knock you down will make you stronger.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The way I see it, you are having a bad day and a beer would bring some relief, and it might be true. But if you like many of us, if you drink, tomorrow will be worse than today. Good job on a month.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are all right, and deep down I know this. I just get tired of grinding down another day and keeping up with everything else in the process. It's like where are the brakes? I guess its good because boredom just brings problems but I feel like I haven't had much time to sit down and enjoy with all this homework I sometimes can't even focus on with a clear head. And then after waking up to a slow day that barely gets going around the evening, I go back to sleep and wake up to the same cycle. I don't know why the brain fog hits me the hardest during mornings and afternoons but typically subsides during the evening. I guess I should be thankful I have a clearer mind during the evenings. Overall, I'm glad I'm sober because its better than having the constant internal nagging of constantly telling myself to quit using.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best