SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober here!!! Weekender September 25 Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/376459-stay-sober-here-weekender-september-25-part-2-a.html)

LBrain 09-29-2015 08:27 PM

Nothing like freeze dried reconstituted apple sauce I must say. Trach has probably had it.

Tough one on the dog MM. I witnessed the most hilarious and horrific dog attack ever in my back yard - well the neighbor's back yard.
He had his 'dog' on a circle with a circus tent spiked in the middle. A little girl was walking with her little doggy up the street and it decided to do a loop around my house. It was almost safely on it's way until it spotted neighbors dog making a bee line for it. Little thought big dog wants to play. Little dog kind of like 'Odie' ambles toward big dog in a playful manner. Big dog picks up little dog and starts violently shaking it. Brain dashes to the rescue and tackles big dog freeing little yelping dog. Little dogs runs to front and continues on his merry way. Little girl totally unaware of what just happened. No harm no foul. Little dog seemed okay as he skipped on his way.

Good luck in the morning Bim. I can write you a note if you want. ?

Putting tarps out all over the front 'lawn' was a very wise decision. It has been POURING all night. Too bad there wasn't already grass, it would have loved this.

p.s. It took me forever to even try pork rinds... can do without thank you, But if I had to choose between pork rinds or corn nuts. Pork rinds win every time.

Ruby2 09-29-2015 08:37 PM

Lucky you on rain Brain. It's just cold here.

Mesa, I hope your dog is OK.

Hi Sadie!

I'm going to console myself for the fact that I've gained weight around my middle by eating more ice cream. Rats.

Time for bed. And stretching. I'm doing it to prevent back problems from flaring up.

saoutchik 09-29-2015 10:17 PM

Morning everyone, happy hump day.

Many thanks for the congrats re 9 mos

Sending you good thoughts Bimini, I hope you don't have to go through it again.

MesaMan, sorry to hear about your pooch. I do hope he is on the mend and not traumatised

Della1968 09-30-2015 02:28 AM

I eat low carb so I use pork rinds for a lot of things mostly to replace bread crumbs. I love them.

Hope today goes as well as it can Bim.

I am cranky pants lately. Gotta snap out of it!

Della1968 09-30-2015 02:29 AM

Congrats Sao and Bernie!!!

Weasel1966 09-30-2015 03:49 AM

Get to the gym in the pouring rain. Soaked running from car but all good. It's a workout right?

Realize my wireless headset is not paired to new phone. Pair it. All good.

Come to find I have not downloaded all my music and had three songs. Workout with them on repeat. God bless Taylor Swift and Adele. All good.

Finished workout and did a good one. Totally sweaty. Forgot to bring a towel. Ugghh.... I shower and try to air and paper towel dry. Had to use my sweaty clothes to get the nooks and crannies. All good.

I arrive at my desk at work moist and surprisingly satisfied with my morning thus far.

Sober is as sober does.

All good!!!

K

Weasel1966 09-30-2015 03:50 AM

:funjump::funjump::funjump::funjump:

Congrats my friend Sao!!!!!!

Tetra 09-30-2015 04:21 AM

Nothing starts my day off quite like when I give inspirational messages to my friends. May your day go fast, your socks match and your underwear not ride up your ass!

Congrats Sao! :You_Rock_

Ruby2 09-30-2015 04:59 AM

Good morning everyone! Happy Wednesday.

Bim, thinking of you.

Weasel, I hate when that happens but you handled it well. Have a great day!

Time to rouse kids.

LBrain 09-30-2015 05:48 AM

good morning - sleeping till my usual 0830 it seems.

wet and soggy day, debating whether or not to leave the tarps - check forecast... RAIN!

Weasel, when you forget a towel you can always spin dry? Here's a demonstration - I would leave out the flair though... and don't go running around the locker room after you finish ;)

brynn 09-30-2015 05:53 AM

Yikes! What a morning, ken!

Thinking of you today, Bimini.

Brain, hope your seeds make it through. How frustrating!

Good Wednesday morning y'all! :)

Jupiters 09-30-2015 05:54 AM

Glad to be back here!

MLD51 09-30-2015 06:07 AM

Ok story time. Because I was naughty, I have an interlock device in my car. Have to blow into it in order to start the car. It measures my BAC. Anything over .08 BAC and car will not start. No sweat, right? I don't drink. Just an inconvenience.

Stopped after my hike last night at my favorite restaurant/bar to have a tea and put in my football picks for the week. (We run a little pool there). Get back in the car after about 45 minutes, and blow into the device. It acts funny, takes forever to sample my breath, and comes back with a result of .092. What???? Must be a glitch, I think. Try again. .096. Ok now I'm starting to sweat. 3 tries over the limit within 5 minutes, and the device will "lock out." It costs money when you have a lock out, and the state gets pissed.

So I call the company that makes the things. Guy has me try again, since it's been more than 5 minutes since last try. .127. Ok device is obviously malfunctioning. I tell the guy I have absolutely had no alcohol. He tells me other things can cause positive readings like certain sweeteners (no sweetener in my tea), windex fumes in the car (nope) fermenting food or drinks in the car (nope). He is at a loss. He tells me to hold the device outside the car for a few minutes and try again. .147.

So - I think he starts to believe me. Ok - so it's too late for them to overnight a new unit to get here today. He orders a replacement, which won't get here until tomorrow. Meanwhile, my car is stranded at the restaurant. And a certified person has to put the replacement unit into the car. So - no car for me until tomorrow. Not sure how the car is getting to the service center. A giant PITA.

Luckily - I live in a small town. I know the owner of the restaurant well. It's ok with him if my car sits there. I also know the owner of the service center well. There's a good chance a technician can take the new unit to the car. It will all work out ok - but my fear is that the company will try to say I did something to the unit to make it malfunction - and charge me $1500. Why on EARTH would I do anything to it??? So we will see. They will test it when they get it back. It's just ironic - almost 10 months with no booze and my car thinks I'm drunk.

Ruby2 09-30-2015 06:42 AM

Oh, MLD! How frustrating! I hope it's all resolved quickly once that unit arrives. But no car until tomorrow. Drag.

Ruby2 09-30-2015 06:47 AM

Mesa, I'm glad your dog is feeling better today.

Brain, it'll stop raining eventually. Then you can pull up your tarps.

happyandfree 09-30-2015 06:50 AM

Good morning!
Mld...that's terrible about the malfunction. ...I hope you don't have any further trouble from that.
brain...good for you for saving that dog. And I hope your seeds survive the rain.
all this talk about rain and I wish we'd have some.
Weasel...sounds like you had a great start to the day except for the drying without a towel part. A great workout feels so good.
ok-time do walk with the dogs. Happy Wednesday everyone!

MesaMan 09-30-2015 06:54 AM

MLD ~

Geek Boy, here, had to look up how Interlocks work. To Mass Produce, I assumed some Operating Principle along the lines of what's in Bullet Point #12 linked below.

This Discussion is handy, I think, if only for theorizing. I can forego the Alcohol. Now, having to possibly skip the After Dinner Mints? That's a significant bummer. I don't assume this linked Document is Technologically impartial.

As I assumed, these Devices have a pretty robust Semiconductor-based Memory, and some Self Analytics built in. They'd have to. I strongly suspect you've nothing to worry about re: having done something to 'ruin' the Device. It's own Memory will indicate no such event.

A PITA, to be sure...

In other News, Da Pooch is on the mend, and his behavior is getting back to normal.

Me, I can respond to Tetra's kind wishes by noting that I don't care if my day goes slow in Retirement. I go 'Commando' on Socks. My Man Thong is in the Dryer. So, as Weas notes, 'it's all good'...

- Ignition Interlock Truths -

MLD51 09-30-2015 06:55 AM

I'm just glad I wasn't at the state park 10 miles from here when it decided to act up! I would have had to get a tow truck. Talked to my friend at the service center - they will take the unit to the car. For $25, which I already established will be reimbursed by the company that makes the devices.

LBrain 09-30-2015 06:57 AM

wow MLD - that sounds rough, I think the state should pay you for the inconvenience... But then lawyers would get involved... not worth it...

having my last cup before I go remove tarps... have 'dinner' on the stove - italian sausage tomato sauce with the usual ingredients
and a pack of frozen spinach - which reminds me, I should plant spincah and greens now...

I was gonna make a squash to go with it, but I found a recipe for stuffed squash using ham and stuff - it's French - I got it on the internet. Sweet dumpling squash stuffed with a mixture of crème fraîche, ham, parmesan and some herbs... and maybe I'll add a crunch to it... tomorrow!
and I picked up a delicata squash on the same run, the lady at check - it didn't have a sticker - asked, "What's this?" It's a delicata squash lady, everyone knows that, just ask Bim. All squash was .99/lb so just call it squash. I'm going to save the seeds from these two and plant in spring.

TETRA!

Good luck today Bimini Blue!

Olive1 09-30-2015 07:30 AM

Ham.
mmmmmmm.
:)

I just watched a new cooking show with Jacques Pepin last night. He did the most amazing ham.