SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I just rang a job (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/374250-i-just-rang-job.html)

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 06:54 AM

I just rang a job

I'm now having a panic attack but I don't care this is the only way I'm ever going to get over this face it head on

I may be starting tomorrow Mrs sw has no idea she doesn't know

Upwardspiral 08-25-2015 07:01 AM

Good luck soberwolf! Maybe if you focus on your plan for getting through the day you'll feel less panic :)

TroyW 08-25-2015 07:02 AM

All the best SW, and good luck on your new job.

InTheEnd 08-25-2015 07:02 AM

Good luck to you!

ArtFriend 08-25-2015 07:04 AM

Good luck Wolfie. You can do this!

SoberLeigh 08-25-2015 07:06 AM

Good luck, SW. Go for it!!!!

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 07:10 AM

Waiting on possible callback Mrs sw was stunned I need to start making important changes in my life

1. I need to stop taking things personally in all aspects of my life this is vital & key

2.Working is having even more money to go places to find out who I really am

No more hiding

PixieD 08-25-2015 07:10 AM

All good things are heading your way SW. Happy for you! :c007: Rest up & enjoy the day

2ndhandrose 08-25-2015 07:10 AM

SW, SR is in your corner!! :grouphug:

Dharma33 08-25-2015 07:19 AM

Great strides forward!!! It's really great to see you march on, SW!

Opivotal 08-25-2015 07:24 AM

I can understand the panic attack , SW. Sometimes facing our fears is a bit scary. :hug:
However, being able to talk yourself through them is a sure sign of progress!

Good for you! :You_Rock_

Bailey3 08-25-2015 07:26 AM

You're doing good Soberwolf. In all aspects of sobriety!

Bird615 08-25-2015 07:39 AM

Way to go!
Just realizing that it was a panic attack I was feeling helped me a lot. Often it would go away once I knew what it was.
Slow deep breaths, you can do this. We are cheering you on.
:You_Rock_

neferkamichael 08-25-2015 07:40 AM

Soberwolf, good luck, rootin for ya. :egypt:

Fly N Buy 08-25-2015 07:47 AM

You got this my man!!

Which wolf will you choose to let win???

We are there with ya pal!

Behan 08-25-2015 07:48 AM

Best of luck Soberwolf! Facing our fears is hard in the short term, but better in the long run as we begin to see what we can do and not define ourselves by what we avoid.

B

ccam1973 08-25-2015 07:49 AM

SW, so proud of you. That's a huge step!

Life is too short... No more hiding.

You've got a bunch of people here rooting for you!

Melina 08-25-2015 07:51 AM

Fantastic, soberwolf!

All the best to you!

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 07:57 AM

Thank you Everyone I mean that gosh so much keeps happening I'm scared & thrilled at the same time lol no callback yet but I don't care its the phoning of the job that has changed everything for me I'm beginning to feel a small sense of purpose

I also spoke to my eldest sister who said I was diagnosed with adhd as a kid and she said I'm not thinking this through I said I know I'm not I'm facing my biggest fear

She said have you thought about college ? I said I passed 2 construction courses she said real college she said there's a place where I can get college & counselling that led to say could I study to help ppl like counselling or something

She said psychology I said psychologist she said have a look let me know what you think

Currently my heart beat is jacked my mind is racing and I'm practising my breath trying my best at mindfulness I might meditate for 10 minutes to help

In my heart I know I'm much better than a labourer but Im trying to get this fear eradicated

Freaking out a bit but I'm ok going to meditate have a look at a professional college course then talk to them later My gf my neice my sister & I'm going to phone my dad now then meditate

Saskia 08-25-2015 08:02 AM

Super, SW! Wonderful growth going on for and I have a glimmer of an idea of how hard you have worked to get to this point. You go, Wolfie!

BBQBOY 08-25-2015 08:03 AM

Great news SW...count to 10..deep breath..exhale & go get em'!

mecanix 08-25-2015 08:07 AM

SW Change can be scary but it brings us the chance to grow and new opportunities .
I think sobriety can reveal to us places where we have personal power to effect change whereas when i was drunk i'd passively let things pass by.

There will be up's and down's thats life , but by approaching life and by being willing to risk steps to advance ourselves we can progress .

keep on :You_Rock_

m

Ruby2 08-25-2015 08:30 AM

SW, good for you that you are facing your fears. The first time I had a panic attack I didn't know what it was. Thought I was dying. That you recognize what it is, and how to work through it, is huge. Yay for you!

Alynn 08-25-2015 08:37 AM

GOOD LUCK SW! We have faith in you!

SoberFreckles 08-25-2015 08:45 AM

SW, YOU ARE AWESOME!
Really glad and inspired by you facing your fears. Good luck and keep on rocking!

Soberwolf 08-25-2015 08:51 AM

No callback yet don't mind feel a bit calmer

I spoke to my neice and she said study but she also said have I got a criminal record and I said I don't know she said find out so I will head down to the police station to find out either tomorrow or tonight even

I rang my dad and he said its up to you what you want to do but he also said I could work part time & study

Mrs sw thinks its too spontaneous and admittedly it is but I made the call and handled myself well

My brother thinks I should work

I just spoke to my sister again and said I spoke to the family she said why just own it

I said I just wanted to see what others thought from ppl who have known me years

She said study you don't want to be in a dead end job do you

I said of course not but this was more about tackling my fear and I'm glad I made the call

Going to look at this prospectus now and download

No phone call yet

jryan19982 08-25-2015 09:01 AM

Its about finding what you want to do and what you like to do. If you want to do that dead end job because it makes you happy, then Id do that. But if you want to improve your situation, make more money, have more responsibility, maybe have more self worth, and if that job makes you happy then do that.

If it makes you happy, and your arent being self destructive or hurting anyone else, then heck do what makes you happy.

Would you rather learn something new, get a degree etc? If you have some kind of criminal record, and that was in the past, you can demonstrate to a potential employer, that you have taken steps in your life to change, you wanted to change, so you did. You went back to school, you focused your energy on a new life, new career etc.

I am assuming you were out of work? Why and for how long? What do you want to accomplish going to back to work/or getting a new job? What do you want to do in life, and will this new job, or a new job, or a job, help you get there?

I would start mapping things out so you dont feel as overwhelmed when the next step comes up.

Good luck to you.

Oh and you dont have to answer any of these questions. They are just meant to get your mind going and put things into perspective.

SoberLeigh 08-25-2015 09:08 AM

I was about to say the same thing as jryan19982.

It seems as though you are 'on the fence', SW.

Maybe spend some time in self-analysis and consider where you want to be in three months, six months, a year, ten years from now. Then formulate a plan to get you there.

Also, Mrs. SW has been with you a long time and probably knows you the best. If she feels this is too spontaneous, maybe a step back is a good idea.

Charlie117926 08-25-2015 09:09 AM

Hey wolf.

I dont know how i can add to help but i just want you to know that your on my mind and i am praying for you. Your willingness to help others here and offer your unconditional support to us says volumes about your character like many on here. I know thats not related to what you are overcoming but having that trait definitely will help you in moving forward. Your sobriety is a true testament that you can and WILL overcome this too wolf.

SDH73 08-25-2015 09:18 AM

You're an inspiration, Wolf! Hoping for the best possible outcome for you!