SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay Sober This Weekend Aug21st until (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/373915-stay-sober-weekend-aug21st-until.html)

Olive1 08-20-2015 06:15 PM

Love the vacation slide show, Ruby!!!!
Wish I was there!

Thursday done. One day left. It has been ridiculously busy at work this week, so the days seem to be flying by.

I've got little planned for the weekend. More cleaning and purging, I presume, and some painting. I did pick up a great book a couple of weeks ago....'Man's Search for Meaning', Viktor Frankl.
Quite a beach read. :puppy_dog
........ but very, very good.

Bim, you got me all excited last weekend when you mentioned the fair. But the fair I was thinking of is not until next weekend. Bum.Mer.
I have seen lots of estate sale signs popping up in my hood. I am sure those will need to be checked out.

Walk done and garden watered. Time for some mindless television.

:)

brynn 08-20-2015 07:46 PM

Mesa....forgot to tell you how lovely and peaceful your photo looked. Did you catch anything? (Sorry if you said...when I'm stressed my memory is toast!).

Watched a baby bunny in the flower bed this evening. We got a break in temps today. Nice and cool.

Night y'all.
Xoxo

MesaMan 08-20-2015 07:55 PM

I Four-Wheeled it up to an old Ghost Town Mining Mill today, and got some decent Pix. They can wait.

This 4x4 [Antler Points] Buck was snacking around my Trailer at Dusk while I enjoyed a Campfire. The leashed Pooch was transfixed, and just froze with Dog Brain Wheels turning. He loves the Deer on our Land, and races to the Glass Doors when we tell him his 'Girlfriends' are outside. How that term originated, I have no idea.

More nice Weather to Sightsee by today. Neato stuff going on here in W'enders' World.

Caught the Trailer-invading Mouse while I was away. Peanut Butter on the Trap does it every time.

Away to a different Lake-side spot tomorrow for 4 more days. Made possible by Sobriety, since much of the stuff I'm doing wouldn't be possible - or of motivation-impaired interest - were I simply existing while Sotted. I'd likely have transitioned to The Great Beyond with Mister D. Ceased Mouse by now.

Brynn ~ Caught nada Trout. And, that was just fine. A different >20 mile-long Reservoir starting tomorrow; armed with Fishing Tips from a good Pal.

- 'The Mickey Mouse Club Intro' ~ '60s TV -

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ngwtgz.jpg

MLD51 08-20-2015 07:56 PM

I love reading about everyone's activities. Makes me want to get out and do more.
Nice evening for me - went for a 6-mile hike. Sat by the river while the sun was setting. Stopped for some socializing at my old watering hole. This is a place I can still go, without wanting to drink. It's a supper club with a bar, but it's a mellow grown up place and I made many good friends there. The staff there is like family to me. I don't go there and sit for hours, like I used to, but I enjoy popping in now and then to catch up over an iced tea. They have excellent food, too - now when I go I usually eat, instead of drinking 4-5-6 glasses of wine on an empty stomach. Much more pleasant. :)

LBrain 08-20-2015 08:19 PM

Write something here...
okay then. Looks like busses are filling up. I toured a hydro-electric plant today. Child's play I tell ya. I think I'd rather fish at the outlet than sit in a control room for 12 hours.
Spent afternoon with someone I used to get hammered with. Ice tea for me. They picked up a ouple bottles of clear liquid for when I dropped them off. BUGS on windshield! It sounded like driving in a sand storm.
Fluid reservoir was empty and two gas stations didn't have washer things. I found a jug of windshield juice.... here's the thing... poured the entire gallon holdind the jug with one hand and didn't spill a drop.
couldn't do that when drinking. ;)
600 days down 12000 to go.

Ruby2 08-20-2015 08:26 PM

Brain, I bow to your skills. Even sober I can't pour washer solution without spilling a bunch.

MLD, I think you do plenty. Six mile hike? That's a feat. You're also recuperating from the sale last weekend. Be kind to yourself.

Mesa, old ghost town sounds good to me. I'd love to see pics.

I'm home. We're home. Yay! Nothing like walking through your own door. Watching a bit of TV. Probably will have some ice cream.

happyandfree 08-20-2015 08:46 PM

Ruby, the best part of a vacation for me is being back home. I love going places, but I'm most comfortable in my home. But memories are made with family vacations. I've been enjoying your photos.
Sounds like a great hike, mld. That's what I wanted to do but I got a new battery instead.
Ok-see you tomorrow.
Good night!
Ok-see you tomorrow. Good night!

saoutchik 08-20-2015 10:46 PM

Morning all, evening Trees

Enjoyed reading about everyone's activities. Not much happening here but I do have an early start so catch you all later

Beeraholic 08-20-2015 10:50 PM

Sign me up! A couple of long bike rides, time spent with my beautiful lady and baby boy and puppies, and a movie at a friend's house (will be a test to my five days sobriety but I will pass of course).

Beeraholic 08-20-2015 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dharma33 (Post 5519899)
Hi Weekenders! I'm in!!! Noteworthy tidbit: There is a weekly chat meeting in the SR chat room 9PM EST on Friday nights. I have only missed one since my sober date. Sometimes I share, other times I just 'listen'. Just thought I'd share my Friday night festivity plan with the 'Enders. Maybe I'll see you there :)

I'll be there for the first time!

Tetra 08-20-2015 11:28 PM

I was looking at some pictures on my phone and there are some of my Grandmother. I have to admit I cried. She was like a second mother to me. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks. I guess it will take time.

I'm getting ready for work. Heading to my parents later. My mother is roasting a chicken and potatoes for my return.
I can't remember the last time I had a really good laugh. I will go through my DVD collection and look for some comedies to watch this weekend.

I hope you all have a happy day x

mecanix 08-20-2015 11:37 PM

Beeraholic ,
is it worth phoning this friend before hand and maybe mentioning not drinking ?
that way you won't get a stubby thrust into your hand the moment you go through the door or them having bought stuff especially for you ?

I never like testing myself and always avoid asking myself the question shall i drink or not , if it gets to that stage then i tend to get out of wherever i'm at .

Friday Friday :)

m

Dee74 08-20-2015 11:52 PM

I'm sorry for your grief Tetra, but it's pretty normal I think - it wasn't very long ago at all. Give yourself a little time :)

D

petals 08-21-2015 12:51 AM

Hugs tetra. You're doing great.
I'm in for the weekend. Xx

DitzyDandelion 08-21-2015 12:59 AM

Hugs tetra. I agree with Dee it is normal grieving and healthy to be working through it and feeling it.

So jealous of all you people with stunning views from where you are or beautiful places easy get to. It's rather urban and depressing round here. Got a lovely tower block overlooking my little garden, urban chic I call it. Not wonderful food for the soul though.

Ruby2 08-21-2015 01:09 AM

DitzyD, there's beauty everywhere. Maybe go to someplace special this weekend.

Tetra, hugs to you. Three weeks isn't a very long time. Healing is a process. It's normal. I'm sure it was rather jarring to see.

DitzyDandelion 08-21-2015 01:15 AM

Oh there is indeed Ruby. Just only so many days you can convince yourself to see the beauty in the edge of a council estate lol. I found some woodland nearby to take the dogs too and there is a pretty spot a bit further out I have not explored yet. Till I get work I can't afford to travel too far and have no transport. The grand plan is to learn to ride and get a motorbike and call her Aletheia (the greek spirit of truth.) and use her to set me free a little and explore further. I think I mentioned the idea in last weeks. Will take a while to save up and actually do but it's a goal at the moment and keeping me focused on a life that doesn't include drinking. I guess seeking new goals and passions. I am pretty good at seeing the beautiful side of things but early recovery in a concrete jungle tests even the most optimistic soul I think.

RushTogether 08-21-2015 03:03 AM

Here!

No real plans this weekend, relaxing.

After this weekend I will be working 6 day work weeks for the next 6 months, so I am just going to enjoy it.

Weasel1966 08-21-2015 03:08 AM

Hey rush!!!! Morning! Glad you are here. I don't have much for plans either.

Was going to work from home but decided last minute to go in. Half day until 11. Sox... Off I goes!

K

Soberwolf 08-21-2015 04:01 AM

Hello