SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hi again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371489-hi-again.html)

Plenny 07-12-2015 09:45 PM

Hi again

Helloooo old friends. Here I am again. I've been struggling through the divorce. Through two moves. Through many life changes. Totally unhinged. No support system. Just overwork and... Yes. Over drinking. I've watched the past six months fly by. I've been white knuckling it. I've cried. I've wondered what on earth I have to live for. I still don't have the answer. But I'm willing to give it another shot. So many stories. So much to catch up on. Just want to feel received and welcomed somewhere. It's cold and lonely out here.

Verte 07-12-2015 09:59 PM

You have come to the right place, Plenny. Pull up a chair, put your feet up and sit for a bit?

Dee74 07-12-2015 10:18 PM

Welcome back Plenny :)
why not join the Class of July support thread?
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-13.html

D

MythOfSisyphus 07-13-2015 01:45 AM

I'm sorry your last couple years have been so rough, Plenny. But I'm glad you're back and ready to give it another try.:grouphug:

IOAA2 07-13-2015 05:04 AM

Hi.
I needed to find out the hard way that with no support system my way was totally a waste of effort that included, poor me, procrastination, I’m not that bad, physical negative pains, I can do this myself and on and on.

After a lot of years I see where isolation is about an alcoholics worst roadblock on the road to recovery. I needed face to face support and found it with people who understand and helped me with tough love.
Today I can say it’s good to feel comfortable in my own skin, most of the time.

BE WELL

Soberwolf 07-13-2015 06:36 AM

Welcome bk Plenny have you checked out the 24h thread ?

PurpleKnight 07-13-2015 08:31 AM

Welcome back Plenny!! :)

Plenny 07-14-2015 08:11 PM

Hey everyone. Doing 'well' here. Not happy but proud to be pushing through. I tend to get quiet, then really really loud. Haha. Spurts of verbal organizing. Thank you

CaseyW 07-14-2015 09:39 PM

Welcome back, Plenny! Pull up a chair and stay awhile, please.

Plenny 07-19-2015 09:51 PM

Plugging along. It's not easy but I'll say, when I'm feeling antisocial and I want to hide from all people, it helps a lot. I love being alone. Nothing too exciting about it just sweet solitude. Sometimes the sad and anxiety ridden thoughts bubble up way too clearly, though. I try to breathe through them. Haven't gotten to really feeling them yet, though. I suppose I'll have to get there eventually... But for now they are triggers so I need to try to skim over them.

Dee74 07-19-2015 10:02 PM

I hope you'll post here a little more Plenny - it's good to connect with others :)

D

Mags1 07-19-2015 10:09 PM

Hi Plenny. I found I had a lot of anxieties when I stopped drinking, which I interpreted into other problems as I was unaware it was caused by the booze, for me.

Reading others experiences and knowing I wasn't alone stopped me from going mad and also stopped me from picking up. Stick with us and look around at all the others, you may be able to relate and that really really helps.

TroyW 07-19-2015 10:22 PM

Hi Plenny, and welcome back to SR. Stick around, and post more.

Soberpotamus 07-19-2015 10:52 PM

Welcome back, Plenny :)

MythOfSisyphus 07-20-2015 12:46 AM

I like solitude too, Plenny. How is the recovery attempt going so far? I just want to mention that if you haven't tried AVRT it might be worth a try- it has worked for me so far (almost 3 years now).

Plenny 01-09-2016 10:45 AM

Wow. I'm in such a different place in my life right now. I'm back to day 2 after finishing out the year drinking. And I can feel the pain I was in just six months ago, reading this.

I'm feeling much much better and like I've put a lot of that pain behind me. Maybe that's why I'm feeling ready to sober up again?

I've made a lot of changes since then. Looking forward to the future