SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Worst hangover of my life ! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/371345-worst-hangover-my-life.html)

Hevyn 07-10-2015 06:19 PM

Hi Snoozy :hug:

My very last hangover was the same as you're experiencing. I never picked up again, but it took me far too long to reach that point. For decades I thought it was just a matter of willpower. We know better now. We can't keep torturing our bodies that way. It's no fun anymore - nothing in it for us. I believe this is the end of your misery, Wendy. :)

FreeOwl 07-10-2015 06:28 PM

Thanks for helping me stay sober today Snooz, with this reminder of what it's really like.

Every story here like this one gives me yet another piece of armor, ammo, defense against the lies of romantic alcoholic thinking.

No thanks!

When you've put this hangover and horrible feelings behind you, you'll be even more sure than ever that sobriety is the way to go.

For over a year and a half I've been free from this sort of misery, and YOU TOO will be free.

Sobriety is the way to go!!

#soberliferocks

SnoozyQ 07-10-2015 07:25 PM

Free owl :hug: I am so glad it helped you to stay sober today.

Hi everyone , thanks:kiss:

I managed to get myself off to work at 6.30 am. I'm still not right but better than yesterday.

This will stay with me for a looooong time xxx

Keep sober, stay well, my darling friends , you have helped me more than you will ever know

Wendy

:Val004:

Wholesome 07-10-2015 07:36 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better Snoozy. I've had some unbelievable hangovers myself.... the kind where you gasp yourself awake in terror and then just hang in limbo for hours unable to sleep or cope. Waves of memories and anxiety coming and going throughout the day. Never want to have another one of those ever again.

I really hope you get yourself back on track. You deserve it. xx

Della1968 07-10-2015 07:47 PM

Hi I just want to say you seem to be a beautiful woman inside and out.....treat yourself as such. Best wishes to you.

Soberpotamus 07-10-2015 07:57 PM

It sounds miserable, Snoozy. Truly. I remember it all too well.

Good for you for getting to work.

What do you think you need to do to stop, Snoozy? Do you think you need help? Detox/inpatient? IOP?

So sorry you're hurting today. I do hope you feel better asap.

Dee74 07-10-2015 07:59 PM

I really don't want to belabour the point, but you've not responded directly - I really think you need more help than SR this time, Snoozy.

Think about your possible options, ok?

D

zoomi 07-10-2015 08:03 PM

so sorry to hear! take something that will help you sleep at night and get a good 8 hours of sleep and that should really help

Delilah1 07-10-2015 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 5459989)
IF THIS HELPS JUST ONE PERSON , ITS WORTH BEING GRAPHIC

I have just experienced & am still experiencing the worst hangover of my life.

Thinking I could moderate drinking after 2 years of sobriety was an absolute lie I told myself.

Just think before you pick up that first drink , what could be awaiting you tomorrow and yes even the day after!

The waking then sussing out how bad you are going to feel.
Yep , I knew instantly it was gonna be bad .

The griping pain , diarreah, dry vomitting on and off all day long , no respite.
Impending doom , with the heart pumping so hard it pounds upon my pillow & feels like it's gonna burst out of my chest. The restless jumpy legs , the fear I may just lie here & die as it feels like that anyhow.
Dry mouth , more horribly gripey bowel pains, more diarreah .The desperation to just sleep it off knowing that sleep will be elusive. Time goes so slow, it's excruciating.

ITS DISGUSTING . I should have known this was coming. I just kept pushing it that bit further!

& the very worst part . My Mum & Dad dropped in for an impromptu visit ! Why today , oh god why !

I look like crap. I had to come up with another lie , I love them dearly but desperately needed them to leave me to my suffering.

ITS JUST NOT WORTH THIS AGONY :-(

no matter how far along we get into our sobriety or if we are newly into it , always take yourself back to how your worst hangover.

NO MORE !

Today is my lesson , tomorrow is my new life

Xxx

Hi Snoozy,

Your two years still inspire me. I had a little over 30 days and have slipped back to drinking again. After a very intense work situation the past two days I have found myself drinking. I will be starting again tomorrow at day one. I really appreciate your honesty on here, it helps.
:thanks

MythOfSisyphus 07-10-2015 11:56 PM

Dee is right, Snoozy. You're staring down the barrel of a loaded gun this time. Don't think you can keep going down this road and find your way back "later". So many alcoholics relapse and never make it back again. I don't know what has changed between this time and last but fear doesn't seem to be enough to make you change.

I hope you will look into the options, SnoozyQ. You're such a good, sweet person and I know you have a good heart. You don't deserve to die from organ failure and I know you don't want your family to mourn your early demise.

Maybe you need inpatient, maybe AA. But please don't wait too long.:grouphug:

Mags1 07-11-2015 12:30 AM

I hear ya, Snoozy, my love. I had a lot of those hangovers from hell-never drink again, days/weeks, but I always drank again, when the hangover subsided and I thought I could control it yet again.

Dee has made a good point, You may want to look into it.

We all love you and don't want you to suffer again. We don't have that many hangovers left in us.I know I didn't when I stopped.

SnoozyQ 07-12-2015 06:26 AM

I really agree with you Mags , I don't think i could do that again. I'm actually still recovering from that latest bout , but enough is enough.

I'm so done !

I will look into other avenues to stay safe & sober , I just don't quite know what that is yet

Thanks everyone for your love & wonderful support xxx

Day 3 for me & not going back

CaseyW 07-12-2015 08:11 AM

Congrats on day 3, Snooz!

Quirky 07-12-2015 08:28 AM

Day three is great Snoozy! I am so glad you are starting again.
You seem like such a sweet, caring person, and from reading other post, I know I am just one of many who wish you well. We are all here for you.

Hevyn 07-12-2015 03:17 PM

Happy for our Snoozy on her Day 3. :hug:

sleepie 07-12-2015 03:50 PM

Hi Snoozy Way to go, day three!
Never look back. Two years is amazing, you will succeed :hug: You know that you can.

DefconOne 07-12-2015 04:26 PM

When I was younger it took 1 day to recover from a weekend binge. As I got older my binges got longer more intense and it took longer and longer to recover. My last dry out after a month long binge took about 5 days of bed rest. It just keeps getting worse and worse, harder and harder, every time you do it.

Angie247 07-12-2015 04:30 PM

Congratulations on day 3!! :) You got this and we are all here for you. :)

stark6935 07-12-2015 09:07 PM

This sounds like hangovers I used to get basically every weekend. I used to tell people how bad they were and I think they thought I was exaggerating. I would literally drink straight whiskey right when getting up, sometimes puke it right back up and I would still drink more.

PurpleKnight 07-13-2015 08:17 AM

Day 3 is fantastic Snooz!! :scoregood