SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   new to SR (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/368826-new-sr.html)

askew 06-03-2015 07:08 PM

new to SR

Looking for help and advice to cope with alcoholic husband. I moved out 3 weeks ago because I felt like I was loosing my mind. I needed to get away from yet another bad weekend run amuck. We set a goal of 6 therapy visits and I would come home. He goes for 2nd session tomorrow. It is all great progress, but I feel another shoe will drop and it will be sooner than later. Maybe after I return. I'm in the waiting mode. If he complete 6, the we will do some sessions together. I appreciate any advice. Thanks, Askew

GroundhogDay 06-03-2015 07:30 PM

Welcome to SR, Askew. Very sorry to hear about what you are going through. I will leave the advice for those with experience with this type of challenge. SR is a very supportive community with a lot of resources.

MythOfSisyphus 06-04-2015 01:21 AM

Welcome to SR, askew. It's good to have you with us. You might want to drop by the Friends and Family section- you will probably get better advice there.

I wish you well. I think you're doing the right thing. You can't force him to change and you can't let him drag you down with him.

SoberLeigh 06-04-2015 04:32 AM

Welcome to SR, askew; I am sorry for what brings you here but glad that you found us.

IOAA2 06-04-2015 04:41 AM

Hi and welcome.
I’m sorry for the situation you’re in because of alcohol. As suggested above Friends and Family Forum on this site has much help from understanding.

Al Anon meetings in your area have great face to face meetings that discuss recovery from the pains inflicted by alcoholic family members. With either of these you may not like all you hear, try to remember some of the members have been helping for many years and it works if we work it.

BE WELL

least 06-04-2015 04:54 AM

Welcome to the family. :) AlAnon would be a great source of support for you. As well as the friends and family forums here. :hug:

saoutchik 06-04-2015 10:11 AM

Welcome askew

I have no advice but I wish you all the best

Ruby2 06-04-2015 10:54 AM

Welcome Askew. Does part of your therapy involve your husband quitting drinking? Therapy is great but if he's not quitting it may not be as effective as it might otherwise be.

It's good to meet you. Check out the family and friends forum, there's some great support there. That's where I started on here.

Soberwolf 06-04-2015 11:36 AM

Welcome Askew

Anna 06-04-2015 11:48 AM

Hi Askew,

I'm sorry for your situation. Welcome!

PurpleKnight 06-04-2015 02:49 PM

Welcome to the Forum Askew!! :wave:

Dee74 06-04-2015 03:06 PM

Hi and welcome askew :)

I don't blame you for feeling uneasy but I think you'll have to stick to your guns and wait until the 6 sessions are up and see where you both are then?

D