SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I ate a whole chicken last night. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/363921-i-ate-whole-chicken-last-night.html)

Mountainmanbob 04-04-2015 04:00 PM

We have 3 chickens and a roster.

Can deliver.

Not responsible for any medical damage.

Mountainman

DrunkenDonuts 04-04-2015 04:04 PM

"I feel like chicken tonight!
Like chicken tonight!
Whole chicken tonight!"

happyandfree 04-04-2015 04:07 PM

Do whatever you have to do to keep the cravings under control. If it means eating a whole chicken, go for it! For me, it was ice cream after a full meal. That would totally lick the cravings for me. A full stomach and something sweet and satisfying. In the beginning. ..anything goes. Keep up the good work!

strangeangel 04-04-2015 04:14 PM

I hear ya. I'm novelty ice cream bars and cheese (not together!)

Ninjaturtle 04-04-2015 05:30 PM

Yes the chicken was cooked. Lol. Stratman that chicken habit can be expensive. Snacking on healthy stuff regularly helps me. Although I'll never give up my pizza and wings every now and then.

bblackbirdflyy 04-04-2015 05:39 PM

Ha ha! This post is awesome, way better than I drank a whole bottle of ___________ last night.

lovingit 04-04-2015 05:53 PM

20 Hooter's wings for me tonight.(Breaded)
Up 30 pounds, sober 60 days, and lovingit!

Mountainmanbob 04-04-2015 05:55 PM

When I was in a 28 day treatment center
before we all had gotten out
most all had put on 10 to 15 pounds.
It's pretty normal for the newly sober ones
to crave good food and sweets.

P'S
As long as those chickens are feathered and cooked you should have no long lasting I'll effects.

Mountainman

savarna 04-04-2015 06:41 PM

even as a fitness competitor we are allowed cheat meal days. good on you it won't affect your weightless but wait a week before the next one,

bblackbirdflyy 04-04-2015 07:18 PM

Anyone watch GOT?

"I'm going to have to eat every ------- chicken in this room." - the DOG.

Lol

PinkGstring 04-04-2015 08:04 PM

I havr that with tomato flvored crisps can eat a whole bag if nerded im a savoury girl

MythOfSisyphus 04-04-2015 10:58 PM

A chicken a day keeps the booze away!:lmao

Grungehead 04-05-2015 01:26 AM

If you want something good for cravings and healthy get a whole fresh pineapple, cut into chunks and keep it in a container in the fridge. If you get a craving have a couple/few chunks and the natural sugar will help alleviate the cravings. I also happen to love fresh pineapple (not a fan of canned) so I have always kept one cut up in the fridge and another one ripening up on the counter. But when I first quit drinking I found that the pineapple helped a lot with cravings.

Or you can go with the whole chicken if that works. :D