SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I ate a whole chicken last night. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/363921-i-ate-whole-chicken-last-night.html)

Ninjaturtle 04-04-2015 09:38 AM

I ate a whole chicken last night.

So I guess I was craving pretty hard and I didn't eat enough during the day. IVe switched to a healthier diet and lost a bunch of weight. Cutting down on alcohol during the last few months. finally decided on total abstinence. It's the only way for me. Anyway I was jittery and craving. Sooooo instead of drinking I ate a whole rotisserie chicken, and some blue cheese, and some crackers. And you know what...my cravings were gone. Meh, I probably needed the protein anyway. Today I'm gonna snack more on healthy stuff so my body stays more level. Don't want to get hooked on whole chickens. It could happen.

Thanks SR:tyou

readerbaby71 04-04-2015 09:41 AM

Haha, those rotisserie chickens are good. Maybe make today a veggie day?!

PeacefulRain 04-04-2015 09:44 AM

I thought you turtles ate pizza. ;)

Ninjaturtle 04-04-2015 09:46 AM

Oh I almost got a pizza. Almost. Haha. Glad I went with the chicken. Spinach salad today for sure. Now I'm thinking about pizza.

FLGuy34 04-04-2015 09:46 AM

Whatever gets you through that initial hard part of withdrawal and into recovery! I've also heard that cravings can be your body's way of telling you that you need something in particular.

Man... now I want chicken...

Sisterbobby 04-04-2015 09:50 AM

you gotta do what you gotta do, lol

LBrain 04-04-2015 09:56 AM

"Four fried chickens and a coke."

PinkGstring 04-04-2015 09:58 AM

Wow a whole chook thats a lot!
I had to giggle when I read it I immediately saw a life chook with feathers and all being consumed by you like a cave man lol (I have been vegetarian for nearly 28 years since my 12th so that's how I see meat lol)

Maybe find something else hey

Para 04-04-2015 09:59 AM

I find when i'm hungry, I get the craving for alcohol. But when my stomach is full...not so much. Hungry, angry, lonely, tired. HALT - gotta watch those!

DrunkenDonuts 04-04-2015 10:20 AM

Lol.

Soberwolf 04-04-2015 01:37 PM

Good stuff Ninjaturtle

djmchammered 04-04-2015 02:20 PM

I totally just at a whole frozen pizza by myself

AliWProk 04-04-2015 02:25 PM

I hope you cooked it first!

beerbgone 04-04-2015 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Para (Post 5300350)
I find when i'm hungry, I get the craving for alcohol. But when my stomach is full...not so much. Hungry, angry, lonely, tired. HALT - gotta watch those!

Of the four hunger is the one I'm most susceptible to. During my drinking days it was hard for me to distinguish between wanting to drink and being hungry. Whenever I did eat I was through drinking for the day.

qzvar 04-04-2015 02:38 PM

I'm fairly intent on the notion of trying to tackle a whole brisket at the moment, but thankfully I'm spoiled on Texas hill country style BBQ, and A) I'd rather eat roadkill possum than this perversely defiled animal carcass they serve up here, and B) I don't have a grill, or any pecan wood. That's my next big investment.

Don't listen to the vegetarian!

Serenidad 04-04-2015 02:43 PM

I ate rotisserie chicken last night too...but not a WHOLE one! Haha! Better than drinking or using though!!! ;-)

immri 04-04-2015 03:20 PM

Haha! Brilliant. I really struggle to identify hunger vs cravings sometimes so I often end up doing the same - once I start eating I just keep going then craving vanishes
Better than booze!!

Spacegoat 04-04-2015 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ninjaturtle (Post 5300327)
Don't want to get hooked on whole chickens. It could happen.

Lo and behold The Korean Chicken Craze Is Real; This Is as Obsessed as You Can Possibly Get | Soompi

One month’s worth of chicken for Mr. Yang’s daughter costs about one million KRW (approx. 900 USD), says Mr. Yang. “She earns about 1.75 million KRW a month, and she blows it all on chicken.”

Mr. Yang’s daughter, who was present in the audience, says in all seriousness, “It’s so good I can’t stop. I feel like I’m on top of the world when I’m eating chicken,” and explains that she gets withdrawal symptoms if she doesn’t have any.

“The most I’ve eaten recently is two and a half at once.”

VikingGF 04-04-2015 03:42 PM

The sushi restaurant near me makes the most amazing chicken wings. They are served whole, not drummetts and wings. They serve 12, big, juicy fried wings. I have eaten that in one sitting.

I am not ashamed of my chicken consumption- be proud!

Aellyce 04-04-2015 03:52 PM

"Hey, I'm looking for that lemon chicken thing you had here last week..."
"Over there..."
"Oh, thank you"