SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Best/ worst/ interesting (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/359162-best-worst-interesting.html)

Jsbodhi 02-11-2015 09:15 PM

Best/ worst/ interesting

This is Just for something to post, I haven't started a thread in a while, and boredom leads to abusing alcohol for me, so please play along with my little game :)
Best part of your day?
Worst part of your day?
Most interesting part of your day?

I'll start.

Best: made a really tasty beef and broccoli stirfry.
Worst: working through cravings, lots today.
Most interesting: in school, I learned that there's a new smart phone that can do HIV tests and have results in 15 mins! Still in early stages, but pretty accurate I was told. That'll save us all a lot of trouble! Meet a new partner.. " just a min, let me get my phone and we can HIV test before we get it on";)

serenityfreedom 02-11-2015 09:32 PM

HIV Smart phones? What will that do to phone sex?
Best part of my Day- I woke up alive,sober and had no cravings.
Worst part is right now-It's after midnight and I'm waiting for someone to come home that I will have to drug test and probably have to have removed from the house.
Explanation- I manage a sober living house for men, One of the guys has been pretty shady and $20. was missing from another resident. Now Mr. Shady is out past midnight and our rule is to be in by 11:00. I'm just wanting to relax and go to bed, but This is my job.
peace-Jonathan

Deserto 02-11-2015 09:35 PM

I'll play.

Best: Seeing how excited my 7 month old puppy was when I came home from work today! Lots of howls and rowls and rolling around on his back!
Worst: Seeing what he did to the garden in my absence.
Most interesting: I met up with a couple who wanted me to advise them on a business project they are working on. A year ago we tried to meet, and-- long story short -- we missed each other, and both judged the other for not being there. (Point of fact: we were both there, but didn't recognize each other and assumed the other had never shown!) We got on great today and laughed about much we had misunderstood our missed connection a year ago.

SDH73 02-11-2015 10:39 PM

Best: Went to see a show with a friend, "Motown - The Musical". Then went to where we both work and she had a couple beers while I sipped my soda and we had a fun chat with each other and our co-workers who were there.

Worst: Car started acting up, feels like possible transmission trouble. Could be very expensive.

Most Interesting: Seeing that I CAN socialize while sober. Maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all.

Soberwolf 02-11-2015 11:30 PM

Best part of my day - Waking up

Worst part of my day -Its very cold

Most interesting part of my day today will be - when i go and visit my brother later

Foolsgold186 02-12-2015 12:42 AM

Best part of my day - Walking to get the train station, headphones in, just feeling happy and content, eating 2 white chocolate chip cookies before 8am.

Worst part of my day - Regretting eating the 2 white chocolate chip cookies....:)

Most interesting part of my day - Yet to find out but cant wait to see what the day brings.

L x

Magellan 02-12-2015 01:16 AM

I'll play :)
It is early and I couldn't sleep.
Best: it is a tie between waking up feeling good and going for my workout/run(on the treadmill :( to cold outside) and coming home from work and having my daughters run out into the driveway to get me a hug, okay the hugs win.
Worst: meeting with condescending consultants for an entire day in the conference room...at least I get to order lunch.
Interesting: signed up for next level CFA and am getting my books soon (the geeky finance person inside of me)

Have a great day!

MelindaFlowers 02-12-2015 02:23 AM

The highlight of every day now is simply not having a hangover.

I was hungover every single day for years. I'm still getting used to this feeling good stuff!

GracieLou 02-12-2015 02:43 AM

Best: Was waking up to my BF sending me a link to a love song

Worst: The day is new, I don't really have an worst parts of my day anymore. It is just life, I can choose to look at it badly but most of the time I don't.

Interesting: I think this can fall also on the best, but I read an news article on a soldier that has PTSD. He missed the service dog he had and his mother went online to find the dog. The dog was state side and was a service dog for a police officer. That officer sacrificed the bond with her dog that she loved and trusted dearly and gave him to the soldier. The greater good. Brings me to tears. I have a dog and cats and I don't think I could ever give them up, even for the greater good and they don't protect me or my life in any way. They just lay around, eat, shed and sleep/snore.

Spike, by the grace of God you go!

JanieJ 02-12-2015 02:56 AM

Well it 's ten am here so, yesterday:

Best part- my daughter, who is dyslexic, was thrilled to have passed her English exam with 80%.

Worst part- being too lazy to exercise-again :headbange

Most interesting part- really looking at my business in detail and finding out what I've been doing wrong.

But really, the best part every day is being sober. I thank God, SR and AA every morning for that.

alphaomega 02-12-2015 06:19 AM

Love this

Best - getting to spend the day with my 18 yo daughter who has the flu. Got to love on her and nurture her. Cooked for her, made tea, fetched meds , tucked her in, rubbed her feet, and laughed about the irony of life.

Worst - she had a trip planned with 5 friends she had to cancel, because her great grandma died, and she is really sick. :(

Interesting - she made such a mature decision. It makes me feel so good to know I raised such a wise little soul. I'm in awe that she is who she is, and I helped to get her there. Surreal.

lastdayone 02-12-2015 06:25 AM

Reversing mine slightly...

Worst part of my day - the fact that I'm definitely struggling with anxiety and cravings today
Best part of my day - the fact that despite the fact that I am struggling with anxiety and cravings, I'm having a really productive day PhD-wise and starting to make sense of my overall argument. No more using anxiety as an excuse for not working!
Most interesting part of my day - browsing all the stories here! And also when I see my BFF and her daughter later :)

Lola23 02-12-2015 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Magellan (Post 5196864)
I'll play :)
Interesting: signed up for next level CFA and am getting my books soon (the geeky finance person inside of me)

Have a great day!

Hey Magellan - being in finance myself, I have a lot of friends/co-workers doing the CFA. It sounds so tough! What level will you be taking next??

Lola23 02-12-2015 07:42 AM

I'll play, using yesterday.

Best - when I was done with my 7am workout with my trainer. I'm getting back into working out (used to be a gym rat, drinking took it away), and its been very tough. Was glad to get through it and felt great afterwards.
Worst - Thinking about calling my mom. I know that sounds awful, but I have a tense relationship with my parents. I would go weeks w/o talking to them, and then finally bite the bullet and call. And its always painful.
Interesting - I've been plowing through books like crazy lately. Am planning on starting a new Stephen King today that should get me through the weekend.

SoberLeigh 02-12-2015 07:50 AM

Best part of day - waking up sober; the experience doesn't seem to grow old.

Worst - so far, spilling coffee (let's hope it stays the winner).

Most interesting - so far, finding that last piece of information for tax filing in a very odd folder; must not have one of my best days when I filed that one.

Like this thread, Jsb. Thanks.

ArtFriend 02-12-2015 07:58 AM

It's only 10 am here, but so far -

Best - Woke up to another sunny warm day. We've had fantastic weather this week.

Worst - First thing I read on the internet was that Bob Simon was killed in a car wreck. He's been on the air forever...really liked him

Most interesting - Read an article about Joni Mitchell. Love her! She is a very unique person.

serenityfreedom 02-12-2015 11:29 AM

Art friend, I love Joni Mitchell too. And also Paul Simon/Simon and Garfunkel GracieLou.

hillbillygirl 02-12-2015 11:31 AM

For today::

Best: Turning in my graduation application, and feeling better.
Worst: It started snowing
Interesting: It's still early, I'm sure my kids will provide something later ;)

OnMyWay7 02-12-2015 11:40 AM

Best part of my day - finishing up a 3-day workshop and getting to go home early (not happened yet but Yoga tonight)
Worst part of your day - dealing with a tense relationship.
Most interesting part of your day - Getting walked though a new system and seeing how it's going to help the business

Jupiters 02-12-2015 11:41 AM

Best: It's one day closer to a long weekend and not too crazy at my office...we'll probably sneak out early! Like a good hour early. YEEHAW
Worst: My back pain has been really bad this week.
Interesting: I'm finding a new love for a yoga practice I never even knew about (THANKS LDT) - it's helping me be "still" - something I have NO clue how to do!