Notices

Best/ worst/ interesting

Old 02-11-2015, 09:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Best/ worst/ interesting

This is Just for something to post, I haven't started a thread in a while, and boredom leads to abusing alcohol for me, so please play along with my little game
Best part of your day?
Worst part of your day?
Most interesting part of your day?

I'll start.

Best: made a really tasty beef and broccoli stirfry.
Worst: working through cravings, lots today.
Most interesting: in school, I learned that there's a new smart phone that can do HIV tests and have results in 15 mins! Still in early stages, but pretty accurate I was told. That'll save us all a lot of trouble! Meet a new partner.. " just a min, let me get my phone and we can HIV test before we get it on"
Old 02-11-2015, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HIV Smart phones? What will that do to phone sex?
Best part of my Day- I woke up alive,sober and had no cravings.
Worst part is right now-It's after midnight and I'm waiting for someone to come home that I will have to drug test and probably have to have removed from the house.
Explanation- I manage a sober living house for men, One of the guys has been pretty shady and $20. was missing from another resident. Now Mr. Shady is out past midnight and our rule is to be in by 11:00. I'm just wanting to relax and go to bed, but This is my job.
peace-Jonathan
Old 02-11-2015, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll play.

Best: Seeing how excited my 7 month old puppy was when I came home from work today! Lots of howls and rowls and rolling around on his back!
Worst: Seeing what he did to the garden in my absence.
Most interesting: I met up with a couple who wanted me to advise them on a business project they are working on. A year ago we tried to meet, and-- long story short -- we missed each other, and both judged the other for not being there. (Point of fact: we were both there, but didn't recognize each other and assumed the other had never shown!) We got on great today and laughed about much we had misunderstood our missed connection a year ago.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Best: Went to see a show with a friend, "Motown - The Musical". Then went to where we both work and she had a couple beers while I sipped my soda and we had a fun chat with each other and our co-workers who were there.

Worst: Car started acting up, feels like possible transmission trouble. Could be very expensive.

Most Interesting: Seeing that I CAN socialize while sober. Maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Best part of my day - Waking up

Worst part of my day -Its very cold

Most interesting part of my day today will be - when i go and visit my brother later
Old 02-12-2015, 12:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Best part of my day - Walking to get the train station, headphones in, just feeling happy and content, eating 2 white chocolate chip cookies before 8am.

Worst part of my day - Regretting eating the 2 white chocolate chip cookies....

Most interesting part of my day - Yet to find out but cant wait to see what the day brings.

L x
Old 02-12-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'll play
It is early and I couldn't sleep.
Best: it is a tie between waking up feeling good and going for my workout/run(on the treadmill to cold outside) and coming home from work and having my daughters run out into the driveway to get me a hug, okay the hugs win.
Worst: meeting with condescending consultants for an entire day in the conference room...at least I get to order lunch.
Interesting: signed up for next level CFA and am getting my books soon (the geeky finance person inside of me)

Have a great day!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The highlight of every day now is simply not having a hangover.

I was hungover every single day for years. I'm still getting used to this feeling good stuff!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best: Was waking up to my BF sending me a link to a love song

Worst: The day is new, I don't really have an worst parts of my day anymore. It is just life, I can choose to look at it badly but most of the time I don't.

Interesting: I think this can fall also on the best, but I read an news article on a soldier that has PTSD. He missed the service dog he had and his mother went online to find the dog. The dog was state side and was a service dog for a police officer. That officer sacrificed the bond with her dog that she loved and trusted dearly and gave him to the soldier. The greater good. Brings me to tears. I have a dog and cats and I don't think I could ever give them up, even for the greater good and they don't protect me or my life in any way. They just lay around, eat, shed and sleep/snore.

Spike, by the grace of God you go!
Old 02-12-2015, 02:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Well it 's ten am here so, yesterday:

Best part- my daughter, who is dyslexic, was thrilled to have passed her English exam with 80%.

Worst part- being too lazy to exercise-again

Most interesting part- really looking at my business in detail and finding out what I've been doing wrong.

But really, the best part every day is being sober. I thank God, SR and AA every morning for that.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Love this

Best - getting to spend the day with my 18 yo daughter who has the flu. Got to love on her and nurture her. Cooked for her, made tea, fetched meds , tucked her in, rubbed her feet, and laughed about the irony of life.

Worst - she had a trip planned with 5 friends she had to cancel, because her great grandma died, and she is really sick.

Interesting - she made such a mature decision. It makes me feel so good to know I raised such a wise little soul. I'm in awe that she is who she is, and I helped to get her there. Surreal.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Reversing mine slightly...

Worst part of my day - the fact that I'm definitely struggling with anxiety and cravings today
Best part of my day - the fact that despite the fact that I am struggling with anxiety and cravings, I'm having a really productive day PhD-wise and starting to make sense of my overall argument. No more using anxiety as an excuse for not working!
Most interesting part of my day - browsing all the stories here! And also when I see my BFF and her daughter later
Old 02-12-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
I'll play
Interesting: signed up for next level CFA and am getting my books soon (the geeky finance person inside of me)

Have a great day!
Hey Magellan - being in finance myself, I have a lot of friends/co-workers doing the CFA. It sounds so tough! What level will you be taking next??
Old 02-12-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'll play, using yesterday.

Best - when I was done with my 7am workout with my trainer. I'm getting back into working out (used to be a gym rat, drinking took it away), and its been very tough. Was glad to get through it and felt great afterwards.
Worst - Thinking about calling my mom. I know that sounds awful, but I have a tense relationship with my parents. I would go weeks w/o talking to them, and then finally bite the bullet and call. And its always painful.
Interesting - I've been plowing through books like crazy lately. Am planning on starting a new Stephen King today that should get me through the weekend.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Best part of day - waking up sober; the experience doesn't seem to grow old.

Worst - so far, spilling coffee (let's hope it stays the winner).

Most interesting - so far, finding that last piece of information for tax filing in a very odd folder; must not have one of my best days when I filed that one.

Like this thread, Jsb. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's only 10 am here, but so far -

Best - Woke up to another sunny warm day. We've had fantastic weather this week.

Worst - First thing I read on the internet was that Bob Simon was killed in a car wreck. He's been on the air forever...really liked him

Most interesting - Read an article about Joni Mitchell. Love her! She is a very unique person.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Art friend, I love Joni Mitchell too. And also Paul Simon/Simon and Garfunkel GracieLou.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

For today::

Best: Turning in my graduation application, and feeling better.
Worst: It started snowing
Interesting: It's still early, I'm sure my kids will provide something later
Old 02-12-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Best part of my day - finishing up a 3-day workshop and getting to go home early (not happened yet but Yoga tonight)
Worst part of your day - dealing with a tense relationship.
Most interesting part of your day - Getting walked though a new system and seeing how it's going to help the business
Old 02-12-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Best: It's one day closer to a long weekend and not too crazy at my office...we'll probably sneak out early! Like a good hour early. YEEHAW
Worst: My back pain has been really bad this week.
Interesting: I'm finding a new love for a yoga practice I never even knew about (THANKS LDT) - it's helping me be "still" - something I have NO clue how to do!