SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Potential Adderall overdose (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/355263-potential-adderall-overdose.html)

hem87 01-02-2015 05:26 AM

Potential Adderall overdose

Hi there everyone...So I have used adderall randomly throughout the past few years. I will go ahead and say that I have first degree AV block and I'm also bipolar and have insomnia so you're probably wondering what the **** I am thinking taking it in the first place. I work 3rd shift and occasionally use it to help me get my work done. Racing heart beat is normal for me. But I was having severe palpitations this morning while at work and began to feel intense abdominal pain for about three hours. I am no longer feeling the pain as much but I have been sitting since I've got home from work so I don't know how that will feel when I go to stand up again. I have lost feeling in both of my thumbs and my hearing is going in and out every so often. I also get a dizzy sort of electric feeling come over my brain randomly. I only took 30mg of XR. But that is the second pill in the past few days. Previously I have taken up to 80 mg in one dosage and did not get severe abdominal pain so that was what really made me nervous. I hunched over through the rest of work and felt extremely sick, shaky, and cold. I do not believe that I will die today. I do not believe that I need medical attention. I realize everyone is different. I can probably go to sleep in a few hours once I am finally able to close my eyes. I'm not even sure why I am posting this here at all to be honest.

Inchworm 01-02-2015 05:36 AM

Would you like to stop using, hem87?

ScottFromWI 01-02-2015 06:05 AM

I'd recommend seeing a doctor even if you dont think you need to. Those are some very scary symptoms.

kittycat3 01-02-2015 06:27 AM

How are you doing Hem? I think your symptoms sound serious, I agree you should get them checked out.
Welcome to SR :)

anattaboy 01-02-2015 07:56 AM

I have the same symptoms and have been clean 7 months. I think it's the flu but will let the doc decide.

Soberwolf 01-02-2015 08:36 AM

Welcome hem87 nice to meet you

i would still see a doctor to make sure i know it can be scary but trust me youl feel better for doing so you know that deep down my friend

youl find so much support here

jryan19982 01-02-2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by anattaboy (Post 5111488)
I have the same symptoms and have been clean 7 months. I think it's the flu but will let the doc decide.

Not to split hairs or anything, but the flu is respiratory not stomach stuff. You probably have a stomach bug that often maybe people call the stomach flu for lack of better words I guess. The stomach bug is definitely going around, its just that time of year. Man I remember the last time I had that I was miserable. I didnt leave the bathroom for what felt like 2 days. It does pass. Just stay hydrated.

However, the OP symptoms seems like it is kind of severe with loss of hearing, numbness in thumbs with abdominal pain. Could be withdrawal since I think I read the OP is taking less than normal, but its not something to take lightly. A DR visit might be in order for the OP.

SoberLeigh 01-02-2015 09:07 AM

The symptoms you describe sound scary to me, hem. A visit to your doctor or to the doctor might be wise.

Please keep us posted.

Anna 01-02-2015 09:18 AM

I hope that you have decided to talk to your dr.