Notices

Potential Adderall overdose

Old 01-02-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Potential Adderall overdose

Hi there everyone...So I have used adderall randomly throughout the past few years. I will go ahead and say that I have first degree AV block and I'm also bipolar and have insomnia so you're probably wondering what the **** I am thinking taking it in the first place. I work 3rd shift and occasionally use it to help me get my work done. Racing heart beat is normal for me. But I was having severe palpitations this morning while at work and began to feel intense abdominal pain for about three hours. I am no longer feeling the pain as much but I have been sitting since I've got home from work so I don't know how that will feel when I go to stand up again. I have lost feeling in both of my thumbs and my hearing is going in and out every so often. I also get a dizzy sort of electric feeling come over my brain randomly. I only took 30mg of XR. But that is the second pill in the past few days. Previously I have taken up to 80 mg in one dosage and did not get severe abdominal pain so that was what really made me nervous. I hunched over through the rest of work and felt extremely sick, shaky, and cold. I do not believe that I will die today. I do not believe that I need medical attention. I realize everyone is different. I can probably go to sleep in a few hours once I am finally able to close my eyes. I'm not even sure why I am posting this here at all to be honest.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Would you like to stop using, hem87?
Old 01-02-2015, 06:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'd recommend seeing a doctor even if you dont think you need to. Those are some very scary symptoms.
Old 01-02-2015, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How are you doing Hem? I think your symptoms sound serious, I agree you should get them checked out.
Welcome to SR
Old 01-02-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have the same symptoms and have been clean 7 months. I think it's the flu but will let the doc decide.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome hem87 nice to meet you

i would still see a doctor to make sure i know it can be scary but trust me youl feel better for doing so you know that deep down my friend

youl find so much support here
Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anattaboy View Post
I have the same symptoms and have been clean 7 months. I think it's the flu but will let the doc decide.
Not to split hairs or anything, but the flu is respiratory not stomach stuff. You probably have a stomach bug that often maybe people call the stomach flu for lack of better words I guess. The stomach bug is definitely going around, its just that time of year. Man I remember the last time I had that I was miserable. I didnt leave the bathroom for what felt like 2 days. It does pass. Just stay hydrated.

However, the OP symptoms seems like it is kind of severe with loss of hearing, numbness in thumbs with abdominal pain. Could be withdrawal since I think I read the OP is taking less than normal, but its not something to take lightly. A DR visit might be in order for the OP.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The symptoms you describe sound scary to me, hem. A visit to your doctor or to the doctor might be wise.

Please keep us posted.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you have decided to talk to your dr.