SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober here! Weekender Thread Nov 14-16 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/350623-stay-sober-here-weekender-thread-nov-14-16-a.html)

Jipsee 11-13-2014 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by JT0626 (Post 5014139)
:tyou

Thanks!!! I am so nervous because this is my first 5k marathon EVER, but I don't want it to be my last. I want to take up running as my new hobby. :-)

You will do great. My runs are so much easier now. I don't do organised runs because I'm too cheap to pay for something I do for free:funjump:

LBrain 11-13-2014 01:51 PM

I just listened to shake rattle and roll - never realized what a dark song it was.
I was looking for another oldie to keep the mood but I came across something different. I actually did this a cappella a couple times over the years. Great song sung by Roger Daltry.
Good album too.

trachemys 11-13-2014 02:52 PM

We gotta keep the thread up near the top:

Weasel1966 11-13-2014 02:58 PM

Yeah things move quick at this time of day.

*Ring Ring*

PurpleKnight 11-13-2014 03:00 PM

In for the Weekend!! :)

A quieter one than last week, ice hockey is back on this weekend, so attending a few games Saturday and Sunday.

Tomorrow is Children In Need here in the UK, it's a televised charity fundraising event, so tomorrow at work we're getting involved in some fundraising activities, should be entertaining!!

As always, let's keep it Sober!! :grouphug:

Tetra 11-13-2014 03:13 PM

I have been taking an evening class for the past few months.

Last class was tonight and I passed with a final result of 98% - Distinction.

I am very happy right now :)

Gilmer 11-13-2014 03:14 PM

That's terrific, Tetra!

FacingFuture 11-13-2014 03:18 PM

On Saturday, I'm watching our 2 month old and will likely veg out on video games (and post on SR) if he is sleeping. No room to drink there while I'm solely responsible for another human.

Sunday may be a challenge. I'm going to watch football (at 10:00am) with friends at a restaurant/sports bar. They probably won't be drinking... But who knows. So I'm going to make sure that I sit right next to our friend who is 5+ years sober and let everyone know that I'm not drinking. Safety in numbers.

Nonsensical 11-13-2014 03:25 PM

Yay Tetra! :a122: :You_Rock_

I have a final exam on Monday and I am hoping for a 88%.

Conquest 11-13-2014 04:09 PM

Bring on another sober weekend!
:ring

Ellay 11-13-2014 04:38 PM

I'm in :) I am "coming out " to my best friends , we are all getting together to celebrate a birthday. My BFF knows, but none of the others do. I know they will all be supportive. Just need to figure out something yummy to bring to drink while they are all cracking open the vino!

Jipsee 11-13-2014 05:07 PM

My 2 week mark on Sunday. I always get kinda cocky and over confident at that point. I will be in and out, deer hunt with DH and then grandkids. I keep reminding myself of the ridonkulous behaviour, ughghghghhghghgh I read Fly's "I miss drinking thread" and laughed out loud at so much of it. Seriously though, not planning on going there.

Ruby2 11-13-2014 05:25 PM

Hey! It's good to see everyone here this evening! Long day today and bad traffic home. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I called the phone company that provides my internet service and they helped get me back up. Saved me the cost of buying a new modem.

Congratulations Tetra on your text score. Awesome. And a wild rabbit. I don't see many around me anymore. Raccoons, yes, rabbits, no. Used to be the reverse.

Non, good luck on your test and with your packing. One of these days I will make it to the Grand Canyon. I've been to Arizona a few times. Just never there.

Ellay, splurge and treat yourself with a special non alcoholic beverage. I get the flavored carbonated waters, no sugar though. Or I doctor up virgin versions of bloody Mary's. I prefer those plain and always did.

So the dinner and dance on Saturday is a lot of fun. I missed last year's party because I was still out drinking. I think I will make a salad or dessert to bring now that the stove is up and running again.

All I know is I'm glad it's almost the weekend. I'm looking forward to the time off. I work a week then am off for a week for my birthday, thanksgiving, etc. I'm chaperoning a field trip on my birthday instead of the massage and manicure I though about. That can wait a day. And now I'm going to relax. Thanks weasel for getting us up and running.

Ruby2 11-13-2014 05:26 PM

Cristina, may the force be with you!

biminiblue 11-13-2014 05:27 PM

innish. offline for the night.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/467...walk-out-o.gif

MesaMan 11-13-2014 05:27 PM

Win_Tah

Weather Forecast around Denver: FN COLD!

-14 F last night. Broke a ~100 year old Record Low by 11 Degrees. The Jet Stream dipping down let Arctic Air slam us. Atypical for around here. Couldn't even stay that long at the Dog Park today in 7 F Degrees w/a slight Breeze. We did get some Sun, and that got a Street and Sidewalk melt going. Standard stuff for 'round here.

Doin' a lil Painting in the Pantry. Knocking off a few final Installation details on the new Garage Door Opener that works swimmingly. Always a good thang to be Sober around unattached Garage Doors that can crush Phalanges, or custom-cut Metal Bits that could funk you up. Segue to Song Refrain...

The Song is a snappy new Tune that reminded me of old 'Earth Wind & Fire', or 'Parliament/Funkadelic'. 'Prince' mebbe. Pick one... Hot Chit Bass Player. Or, Keyboardist. Turns out all the funky, poppin' Bass lines on 'Seinfeld' were done on a Keyboard. Science!

The Pic is the contemplative Pooch in the City House Backyard prior with the bazillion lb., solid Concrete Buddha in the Background under Snow.

'Uptown Funk' ~ Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars

http://i59.tinypic.com/rwnqmg.jpg

-----

Olive1 11-13-2014 05:41 PM

Weekend!
Yes!
:)

biminiblue 11-13-2014 05:44 PM

:lol: it kinda looks like Buddha is wearing a coat.

oh, oops. You didn't see me.

melki 11-13-2014 05:59 PM

Saw you, bimini!

bigsombrero 11-13-2014 06:02 PM

Good work Tetra! Good luck Nons!

Checking in from south of the border and all the way down on the right side of your maps. Been sick this week with flu-like symptoms and I have a rattling cough. Always seems to take me longer to shake the cough, even though I don't smoke anymore. Been sleeping a ton this week and working of course. Hard to "call in sick" when you can work 4 feet from your bed in your jammies. Which is exactly how I spent the week.

Looking forward to the weekend. A friend of mine is coming up for the day on Saturday, we are going to tour some old Spanish ruins and then visit this outdoor cafe/nursery where I get my plants. Other than that, keepin' it low-key and simple!

Mesa, talked to a customer in South Dakota today she said it was 3 degrees out there. Yeesh. As a native Minnesotan I know those Arctic dips well. I bet your dog's pretty pumped though.