SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober here! Weekender Thread Nov 14-16 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/350623-stay-sober-here-weekender-thread-nov-14-16-a.html)

Gilmer 11-16-2014 04:34 PM

I think zucchini and spaghetti sauce is killer, Bim!

Nonsensical 11-16-2014 05:27 PM

Holy Moly there's some angst on the Newcomer's board today!

I'm gonna hide in this thread for a while. :)

MesaMan 11-16-2014 05:34 PM

Good Thinking.

Look at Post #233 from Olive1 and count your blessings. You could be a Midget lashed to a Fire Hydrant. In comparison, Life Is Good, eh?-)

Ruby2 11-16-2014 05:47 PM

Happy Sunday evening. Night. Whatever it is. Spent some time cleaning the house after company left (and hadn't cleaned it prior to them getting here). My brother and his family stopped by to see the kitchen, my niece and nephew stayed to hang out. Good kids and I enjoy having them.

Tried getting on Amazon to look for something and it is taking forever to load. I don't know if it is their site or my modem or a combination of the two. Very frustrating.

Sunday blues. I get them. I got them when I was still drinking. They have gotten better but I know that they are coming. I actually prefer Monday mornings to Sunday evenings - sick, I know but at least I know I will be doing something, in a structured environment. I'm not left to my own devices, etc. etc.

rearranged the living room furniture and gave the room a good sweeping. Kids and garbage. Happyandfree, was the movie full of energy and action or your six year old? Or the combination of the two. My six year old is usually pretty low key. It's my nine year old who is the whirling dervish.

Cooking stuff. Chicken breasts in the crock pot. Pot roast in the oven. Between that we should have meals for the week except Mr. Ruby seems to have inconveniently forgotten how to reheat food and instead orders out - apparently microwaving a plate takes too long. Seriously. That is not me being sarcastic. Too busy to assemble a plate of food.

I need to check on the pot roast. It's been in for four hours - at low temps.

Ruby2 11-16-2014 05:49 PM

Ah, pot roast perfectly done. When it cools I can put it up for tomorrow. Chicken will be another couple of hours.

MesaMan 11-16-2014 06:00 PM

Speed Test Website

You can go to here and check your Up/Download Speeds. It might help give a clue as to what's up with your Setup.

Speed Test : upload and download | DSLReports, ISP Information

-----

Conquest 11-16-2014 06:01 PM

Thanks for another fun-filled ride, weekenders! I am already looking forward to next time. Have a wonderful start to the week, friends. :)

Olive1 11-16-2014 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 5021780)
Good Thinking.

Look at Post #233 from Olive1 and count your blessings. You could be a Midget lashed to a Fire Hydrant. In comparison, Life Is Good, eh?-)

I thought I looked extraordinarily tall in that picture!
;)

Weasel1966 11-17-2014 02:31 AM

11 hour workday ahead of me. Need to get some software performance metrics in place for review as the last thing today. So I will be doing fun stuff!. No really. I enjoy it. :)

Fun weekend! Yeah!

lets see who gets the last word this weekend...

And I agree with Nons... the newcomers has a lot of people in serious need at the moment. I was one of those people once... ok more than once. And I got the help and love I needed from SR. So I guess I will be reading in between stuff today see if I can give back a little. :)

K

Ruby2 11-17-2014 04:34 AM

Good morning. A long day ahead on too little sleep for me. It is really really cold here and my old kitchen window is icing up which reminds me I have to call this guy who is supposed to be installing a replacement. My heating bill was atrocious last winter.

Hang in there everyone.

trachemys 11-17-2014 04:35 AM

LBrain 11-17-2014 07:13 AM

thought I'd get in before Ruby makes the last post... ;)
Happy wasn't the only one raking leaves yesterday. After I cleaned up implements of destruction I raked up the red carpet awaiting me. Needed to do it because of rain forecast - it's here! Amazing how many leaves are on such a small tree. I was shaking it and they were falling like snow. Cleaning up garage, stowing butchering equipment and trying to get this place in order today. A trip to recycle center is in my near future.

Next weekend I'll post my own selfie - I hate that word.
Have a good week all.

Ruby2 11-17-2014 08:19 AM

:) Thanks mm for download sped tip. Phone company stopped by to check but Mr. Ruby didn't hear them to let them in. 15 degrees out. No snow. Weird.
Someone else can post last.

ardy 11-17-2014 08:29 AM

my weekend was great... wash done house cleaned a trail run on some Turkey... made small pot pies out of some of it with neighbor.. and then Monday. ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 5022454)

trachemys 11-17-2014 11:05 AM

For Ruby:

Last

Verte 11-17-2014 11:18 AM

Ardy, can I just say how much I love to eat pot pies? Love to eat pot pies.

:grouphug:

trachemys 11-17-2014 11:34 AM

:damnit:

LBrain 11-17-2014 12:18 PM

slow and steady trach...

Ruby2 11-17-2014 12:43 PM

Hah! I wasn't even going to post last but just had to pop in after that. Go, Brain! Close us out.