SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I talk to myself out loud....how about you??? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/350027-i-talk-myself-out-loud-how-about-you.html)

sillysuzanfree 11-07-2014 10:14 AM

I sure do!! I know I did it more when I was drinking though. When I go on long walks by myself, I always find myself starting to mutter out loud...have to be careful though in case someone is nearby!

FreeOwl 11-07-2014 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by desypete (Post 5001927)
i am just thinking about starting up a fellowship of men and women who talk to themselves how can we ever stop this ? : )

did you suggest that to yourself out loud?

GracieLou 11-07-2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by freeowl (Post 5001980)
did you suggest that to yourself out loud?

LMAO! Haha!

Nonsensical 11-07-2014 10:41 AM

When I was drinking my morning commute was frequently full of me yelling at myself. Sometimes I would even turn the rear-view mirror so I could see myself. What is the matter with you? Stop being an idiot! Stop getting drunk every day! You are behaving like a huge loser! [expletives deleted, it's a family website.]

It didn't work, by the way.

Now I talk to myself when I am doing my homework. It helps me focus. I don't think it's abnormal, but my wife asks me what? every 5 minutes and that gets annoying. :)

Arbor 11-07-2014 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by desypete (Post 5001927)
i am just thinking about starting up a fellowship of men and women who talk to themselves how can we ever stop this ? : )

Originally Posted by desypete (Post 5001928)
i agree with you : )

Good one desypete! Lol

ArtFriend 11-07-2014 10:47 AM

I talk to myself out loud, but I answer myself out loud in another voice.

(cue Twilight Zone music)

Fly N Buy 11-07-2014 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by desypete (Post 5001928)
i agree with you : )

You're In!

Fly N Buy 11-07-2014 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Flynbuy (Post 5002083)
You're In!

You too

BarrysMama 11-07-2014 11:36 AM

I am very glad that I came across this thread! I was lying awake in bed just lastnight contemplating this very question :inbed so to answer yours... I obviously do- and I think I am mentally normal, well, as much as possible.. haha... I was concerned that I was schizo on occasion.. but like the others say, as long as you aren't hearing responses...you (we) are probably just getting smarter-

desypete 11-07-2014 11:38 AM

far be it from me to pour water on this talking to ones self nonsense, i have to confess to talking to myself on more than one occasion
however i am not as bad as some i have read about so does this mean i am a full blown talker to myself type or am i in a stage of progression ?
does it get worse ? do we only do it on weekends and end up doing it daily ?

its really getting to me now as my kids think i need locking up

please help
signed
anon ( i dont wish anyone in this forum to know its me who has posted this message so please respect my anonymity thanks )

ps
they told me in aa that i would be restored to sanity one day and its 10 years on now and still no change

pps
this is only a joke post hope i dont offend anyone as its not my intention sorry if it offends

Soberpotamus 11-07-2014 11:49 AM

I've been doing it for years :)

XIIIXXIXXVI 11-07-2014 11:50 AM

Haha I talk to myself all the time too. I'm by myself more often than not and frankly I'd rather hear my own ranting than anyone else's lol... Besides, it helps me sort out my thoughts and express my excitement when necessary or blow off steam when I'm upset. Good to know I'm not the only one :)

B

GhostFace 11-07-2014 12:07 PM

My co workers have caught me numerous times talking to self and thought I was crazy. I was always convinced that it's perfectly normal

Ellay 11-07-2014 12:14 PM

All.the.time.

JanieJ 11-07-2014 12:16 PM

Phew. That's ok then. Get's embarassing in the supermarket sometimes though...

LOL, Desypete.. just got it !

Fly N Buy 11-07-2014 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by GracieLou (Post 5001934)
:c011:

TA? Talkers Anonymous. Hmm...

There's is one for this....It is for those who Babble continuously.

It is called On and On Anon..... :)