SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   My first post, my first day. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/349427-my-first-post-my-first-day.html)

tommy622222 11-01-2014 01:45 AM

My first post, my first day.

I have joined this forum as I believe a collective group of people that i'm sure have suffered from similar circumstances overcoming is one of the best motivators in this seemingly never-ending hell.

For the past two years I have fell in love with alcohol and its spell to make me awesome, and party times awesome... which it did. Did.

But after so many horrible mistakes being made in these last two years, spending all my savings, breaking my foot, running away from my parent's house and the most recent and devastating one: punching a beautiful girl I was dating in the face under the delusion she made out with another man; :headbange:headbange:headbange I've realised I have a serious problem that isn't getting any better.

Besides Alcohol becoming a self-medicating mood booster having a casual 20 standard drinks every second night, all these events have spiraled me into a great depression.

But I believe this won't be a permanent problem, and I believe I can overcome my reliance.

And with this wonderful forum it fantastic to see other people that have a similar problem overcome their addictions.

Chiffon 11-01-2014 01:54 AM

:welcome Tommy :) - You've made a great decison, joining the website :)

afloatsober 11-01-2014 01:54 AM

Welcome Tommy
Sounds like the 'fun' has gone out of it and you are in the right place.
Good place to learn more about the solution to this problem.
Wish you well.
G:)

JanieJ 11-01-2014 02:28 AM

Welcome, Tommy. :wavey:

You made a good decision. We will give you all the support we can on your journey to sobriety.

IOAA2 11-01-2014 03:31 AM

Hi and welcome to what can become a new way of life.
With continued determination, work and changes within we can stay sober one day at a time in a row.
For most the idea of stopping is great if we have a plan to achieve it. Our own way usually ends up in failure and sorrow. It helps if we don’t glamorize our drinking days and remember the situations that got us here as the pain subsides and we start thinking if we do this or that I can drink again.

BE WELL

dcrr 11-01-2014 03:45 AM

Welcome to SR. You are in the best place you can be to achieve success.

Soberwolf 11-01-2014 04:23 AM

Welcome to Sr Tommy

sprout50 11-01-2014 04:56 AM

Tommy,welcome to SR. Do you have a plan to not drink?

FreeOwl 11-01-2014 05:00 AM

Hi Tommy...

Your vivid introduction sure makes me think about my own story and marvel at how I allowed myself to ride that terrible wave for so many years.

Welcome to a wonderful source of support and congratulations on opening the door of willingness to build a better life for yourself and those you care about.

If you commit yourself fully to this, you will find your life to be so much deeper, richer and more meaningful.... you will look back in wonder that you ever found yourself in that abyss, and in deep gratitude that you chose to leave it behind.

razor15 11-01-2014 05:23 AM

Welcome Tommy. This is a great place to help turn yourself on a new path.
People are very supportive.

Dee74 11-01-2014 05:25 AM

Welcome aboard Tommy :)
D

PurpleKnight 11-01-2014 07:32 AM

Welcome to the Forum Tommy!! Great to have you here!! :wave:

Fly N Buy 11-01-2014 07:45 AM

Glad you're here!!!

Thanks for posting

Willingness was the key that unlocked the gate towards sobriety for me - sounds like you have the key in your hand!!! Awesome!

fly

SoberLeigh 11-01-2014 07:49 AM

Welcome, to SR, Tommy. Congratulations on your decision to stop drinking.

Tall Dawg 11-01-2014 07:54 AM

Welcome!

LBrain 11-01-2014 05:29 PM

welcome tommy - hope you stick around

least 11-01-2014 05:59 PM

:welcome

You've come to a good place for support. :)

Popeye2014 11-01-2014 06:03 PM

Tommy, this is the best Forum on the web

Read, Post and meet Friends

Lusher 11-01-2014 06:09 PM

Hey tommy622222, welcome.

As I'm sure you know, alcohol abuse is very progressive, and can sometimes sneak up on us. It's good to see that you are aware of the problem and you're taking steps to move forward.

You're in a great site with lots of support, and I hope to see you around!
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9505ce41.jpg

WaterOx 11-01-2014 06:14 PM

Hi Tommy! It's my first day as well and I can tell you after posting it was a pretty warm welcome. So I guess it's my turn- so welcome! :)