SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Fish & chips.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/344157-fish-chips.html)

Lionhearted1 09-05-2014 11:01 AM

Fish & chips..

Just binged on fish and chips the great British dish lol.... Can you believe I was worried about all the calories yet I'll happily consume 3 bottles of wine or 10-15 pints in a night.. Insanity

Anyways fish and chips is a much healthier alternative for me.. Gunna have an ice lolly watch a film then wake up Tommorow and continue my sober life.

Hope everyone is well. Peace

Meraviglioso 09-05-2014 11:06 AM

Mmmmmmmm. Sounds delicious! Enjoy your treat! And your sober morning/day tomorrow!

Soberwolf 09-05-2014 11:17 AM

I salute you

Fish and chips is delishious lol

A lolly sounds nice

Ben n jerry half price at sainsburys

bellaboos 09-05-2014 11:17 AM

Don't forget the mushy peas lion hearted! I am also looking forward to eating twice as much and losing weight

ScottFromWI 09-05-2014 11:18 AM

Glad to hear it Lionhearted. Will be having some fish tonight myself, it's a tradition on Fridays in this part of the USA.

Windancer 09-05-2014 11:21 AM

Oh I hear ya! Im always a health freak when it comes to food, yet before I thought nothing of consuming a mickey or more of vodka straight daily for days on end. Uuugh....the nonsense of it all. No when I have a little treat, I remind myself it is nowhere near as bad as drinking like a complete lush all the time.

OpioPhobe 09-05-2014 11:27 AM

Lionhearted1 - good to hear that things are going better for you.

Hevyn 09-05-2014 11:45 AM

I haven't had proper fish & chips since my grandmother passed away. :) I'm envious.

Glad to read this post Lion. You're doing great.

DarkDays 09-05-2014 11:53 AM

Had Fish N Chips other night in Lupas street Sw1, very nice :)

Soberwolf 09-05-2014 12:03 PM

Lion I just want to say a big well done what your doing isn't going unnoticed

I can give you a recipe that will have you cooking better fish n chips and for the same price for 1portion youl be able to make 5

Better than any chip shop on earth yeah I said that lol !!

Mrrryah1 09-05-2014 12:04 PM

Hahaha I'm the same way. I just ate a salad that had alot of goat cheese & candied pecans in it. I'm thinking crap... that was alot of calories :(

Vs. 2 bottles of wine every night? I THINK NOT!!!

We gotta be easy on ourselves :)

Mmmmm fish & chips.

Taking5 09-05-2014 12:05 PM

Love me some fish. I'll pass on the chips.

Fly N Buy 09-05-2014 12:34 PM

Fish for dinner tonight ........ what a catchy idea!

I am in the snack munching mode at this point in sobriety and still have lost weight without boozing infusion.

Just did a calorie count on a website - drank between 1500 and 2000 calories per day....:c001:

DoubleDragons 09-05-2014 12:46 PM

When I quit drinking alcohol, I had recently cut out Diet Cokes about a month or so previous. I had drunk 6-8 Diet Cokes daily for years. I was barking with pride about how I was no longer drinking "poison". I was no longer putting nasty aspartame into my body. I guess I thought wine was good for antioxidants?!? I, too, have always made a point of saving calories on my drinks: black coffee or tea, Diet/zero calorie drinks only, water, etc., but I never made myself count the 1000s of empty calories the bottles of wine I drank a week were putting into my body and then wondering why I couldn't lose weight?!? So amazing, the power of alcoholic denial . . . .

Sasha4 09-05-2014 12:51 PM

Cod or haddock?

Fish in our house too tonight, but of the finger sort as my 4 year old demanded them!

Soberwolf 09-05-2014 01:14 PM

For me Cod is king but only every now and then as fish stocks for cod are low

ghostdad 09-05-2014 01:53 PM

Haddock fish fry was my favorite when we used to live in New York. Fish was so big it hung out over the plate. Fries and coleslaw as sides - yummy. Not drinking has helped me lose 35 pounds - I am at day 52. Not bad. My wife's concerned - thinks there could be something wrong with me but I feel great. Keep it up Lion - you can do this !!!

heartcore 09-05-2014 02:55 PM

Soberwolf - OK, I'm about as far from England as could be, but live in the Far Northern land of fresh caught fish... So throw down that fish & chips recipe that you're braggin' on, and I"ll make my attempt! (I have to wrap it all up in newspaper to serve it, right?)

Dee74 09-05-2014 03:01 PM

You're sounding good LH. What else are you doing recovery-wise?

D

Lionhearted1 09-05-2014 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4881651)
You're sounding good LH. What else are you doing recovery-wise? D

Started therapy and have committed to go for as long as needed and if I require any further help medical etc I will not hesitate to seek it, no excuses iam going to fight this addiction with all the resources I can...

Also really loving being back in the middle of the boat again on sober recovery this place really is a special place.. The support is amazing.

Also made Friday fish and chip night lol.