SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   i need some help (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/343608-i-need-some-help.html)

lostgirll 08-31-2014 12:04 AM

i need some help

I've gotten way too out of control. got taken to the hospital today because i was so drunk. :(

robgt350 08-31-2014 12:05 AM

that is great you are reaching out for help this is a great place that helped my soberity. there is a chat room here too that you can talk to people. Stay sober!!

Mountainmanbob 08-31-2014 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by lostgirll (Post 4870019)
I've gotten way too out of control. got taken to the hospital today because i was so drunk. :(

Hope that it will be a wake up call for you

I learned nothing from my first trip to the hospital
Be smarter than me

MM

Dee74 08-31-2014 12:22 AM

I'm sorry you're struggling but I'm really glad you're back here lostgirl :)
Any ideas on what to do now?

D

FeenixxRising 08-31-2014 12:27 AM

Hi lostgirl. You're feeling low now, I'm sure, but you can take the next step and get sober. That should help you to feel better, especially as you rack up more sober time. Do you want to quit for good?

lostgirll 08-31-2014 12:30 AM

not sure what to do. its not the first time this has happened either. ii pretty much suck at life right now

lostgirll 08-31-2014 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob (Post 4870026)
Hope that it will be a wake up call for you

I learned nothing from my first trip to the hospital
Be smarter than me

MM

I'm not smarter

Mags1 08-31-2014 12:33 AM

Hi lostgirl, pleased you came back to talk to us, keep visiting and posting, you can do it.

Dee74 08-31-2014 12:34 AM

I recommend being a regular contributor here. You'll learn a lot from what other people have done :)

I know it's near the end of the month, but why not join our Class of August support thread anyway? tons of support there :)

D

FeenixxRising 08-31-2014 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by lostgirll (Post 4870041)
not sure what to do. its not the first time this has happened either. ii pretty much suck at life right now

Well, believe me, it wasn't long ago that I also "sucked at life", big time. I won't blow smoke up your butt, it's not easy getting sober, and even when you do get sober, life doesn't turn into happy days, every day. But for me at least, I'm in a much better place sober than I ever was when I was actively drinking. I found the work and struggle to get sober well worth the effort.

My suggestion is to give the idea of sobriety some serious thought; I'm sure you deserve whatever good comes with sobriety.

Wastinglife 08-31-2014 12:41 AM

I have been hospitalized 5 or 6 times directly due to alcohol consumption. Each time for something different. 3 times for injuries from drunken falls including a bad scalp laceration that needed 30 staples in my head to close. Other times for internal damage from excessive consumption like alcoholic hepatitis. I never learned.

I needed rehab to finally realize the extent of my alcoholism. I see a therapist once a week now to deal with the underlying issues that lead to self-medicating with alcohol.

Reaching out for help is the first step. This site is a big help but you may need to involve people close to you in life.

lostgirll 08-31-2014 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Wastinglife (Post 4870058)
I have been hospitalized 5 or 6 times directly due to alcohol consumption. Each time for something different. 3 times for injuries from drunken falls including a bad scalp laceration that needed 30 staples in my head to close. Other times for internal damage from excessive consumption like alcoholic hepatitis. I never learned.

I needed rehab to finally realize the extent of my alcoholism. I see a therapist once a week now to deal with the underlying issues that lead to self-medicating with alcohol.

Reaching out for help is the first step. This site is a big help but you may need to involve people close to you in life.

im glad i'm not the only one. i took a cab home after and I woke up with cops there trying to wake me up. ughh

lostgirll 08-31-2014 12:56 AM

how do i do this?

FeenixxRising 08-31-2014 01:01 AM

When I realized I could step off the crazy alcohol roller coaster by getting sober, I finally put my heart and soul into doing so. I fell more than a few times before I stopped, but I did not give up and it finally took hold. For some of us, we also have to be willing to reach out for help. Please do so if that's what it takes. As I said above, you're worth it.

lostgirll 08-31-2014 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by FeenixxRising (Post 4870081)
When I realized I could step off the crazy alcohol roller coaster by getting sober, I finally put my heart and soul into doing so. I fell more than a few times before I stopped, but I did not give up and it finally took hold. For some of us, we also have to be willing to reach out for help. Please do so if that's what it takes. As I said above, you're worth it.

I fall too much

Mags1 08-31-2014 01:16 AM

I fell more times than I care to remember, never stop trying, Lostgirl.

lostgirll 08-31-2014 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mags1 (Post 4870098)
I fell more times than I care to remember, never stop trying, Lostgirl.

i just need to start trying

lostgirll 08-31-2014 01:22 AM

love my life sometimes though. im just bored by myself

lostgirll 08-31-2014 01:29 AM

this happened this morning. who wakes up and starts drinking jameson?

lostgirll 08-31-2014 01:30 AM

the guy im dating is leaving in 2 months and just sends me to voicemail now. hate that