SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I done it!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/338819-i-done.html)

Bennevisgal 07-13-2014 05:51 PM

I done it!!!

GUYS!
Bit of a positive forum from me tonight... Which has been unlike me recently!
Tonight, it was my friends birthday party. Where I am, it's currently 01:47, and we had a great party for the World Cup, and everyone was getting wasted. Except. Me.
And I sat there, mixing red bull with lemonade/cola and I ENJOYED myself. I laughed just as hard, I was funny without it (excuse my ego but I need to give myself a lil credit!), I spoke to new people and got along, and I was able to watch drunk people fall about, speak sh*t, and just general madness. I enjoyed my friends birthday, drove home about 20 minutes ago sober, (just stocked up on sugarfree redbull) and am now watching a film at my desk.
7 days clean, avoided temptation and been around alcohol twice.
I just wanna say I am so happy! And I wouldn't have been able to do it if I didn't have you guys subconsciously egging me on.
Also, any drinks anyone can offer OTHER than red bull to get through the night? I just want to be able to sleep when I get home :L
Well, there we go. One week done. 7 days done. This time last week I was in a hospital with a drip in my arm. Now, I am in my cosy room, my liver free of any alcohol and completely regret FREE.
I am still smoking, but I'm taking that one at a time.
Anyway, thanks for listening to me ramble!! :grouphug:

Hevyn 07-13-2014 05:55 PM

Bennevisgal - what great news! Sober and regret-free - imagine! :)

Every time I made it over one of those hurdles I gained even more strength and determination. There is life after alcohol! I'm not sure what to suggest for a drink. I have diet cola, but that has caffeine in it too. Maybe others will chime in.

Proud of you. :)

Gilmer 07-13-2014 05:55 PM

It takes a good week or so to get used to it, because it's so lackluster--but I like nice, cool water now. Calorie and junk-free! Refreshing and excellent for you! And readily available!

Hevyn 07-13-2014 05:56 PM

Yes - and there are those flavored carbonated waters too.

PurpleKnight 07-13-2014 05:56 PM

7 days is fantastic!! . . . go for that ego!! :)

hmmm yeah red bull and cola/lemonade sounds rough . . . how about something based around fruit juices, there are so many delicious options, my thing is cranberry juice, soda water and lime . . . you can pick any fruit juice in existence and everyone will assume there is alcohol in there!!

You got this Bennevisgal . . . and what about that Germany win . . . simply an awesome team, well deserved!! :)

trachemys 07-13-2014 05:58 PM

Good job!

I like sugarfree lemonade mixed with unsweetened iced tea.

neferkamichael 07-13-2014 06:04 PM

Bennevisgal, 7 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations. The more you can be in your normal world and fight off drinking or using the stronger you will become, rootin for ya. :egypt:

http://www.rose-gardening-made-easy....blueyonder.jpg

Bennevisgal 07-13-2014 06:05 PM

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Purpleknight (Post 4777822)
7 days is fantastic!! . . . go for that ego!! :)

hmmm yeah red bull and cola/lemonade sounds rough . . . how about something based around fruit juices, there are so many delicious options, my thing is cranberry juice, soda water and lime . . . you can pick any fruit juice in existence and everyone will assume there is alcohol in there!!

You got this Bennevisgal . . . and what about that Germany win . . . simply an awesome team, well deserved!! :)

EVERYONE, thank you! Thank you so much for your motivation! you guys rock.

Purpleknight,
i feel its a bit too sugary, even the sugar free version, just cos all that fizzy pop! i think i might actually take u up on that. fruit juice with soda water and lime, i'm trying that next time! maybe ginger (Alcohol free) beer and soda water and lime? this is making me excited!

and YES! how devastated did Messi look though when Germany were getting the winners cup. what a finale! :D
(although i do wish scotland could make it to that level.. or at least, qualify for the full competition haha)

Tonymblue 07-13-2014 06:15 PM

You are awesome. Im empowered by you. Keep going.

Bennevisgal 07-13-2014 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tonymblue (Post 4777859)
You are awesome. Im empowered by you. Keep going.

that is so kind. i hope your journey is going positively. always here!:You_Rock_

melki 07-13-2014 07:24 PM

You're doing great! Like you, I get excited exploring new drinks. Check out these topics:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...k-instead.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...othe-soul.html

Non-alcoholic drink recipes:
Non-alcoholic recipes: 700+ appetizing drink recipes.

I've recently been indulging in ice cream floats. :)

Tamerua 07-13-2014 07:29 PM

That's awesome! It gets easier.

Waterfalls2014 07-13-2014 07:39 PM

Congrats on 7 days and to top it off with a wonderful experience. It feels good to feel good :) Just think of all the new sober memories you are going to make. Thanks for the post, it has me smiling for you Ben!

goodkitty 07-13-2014 07:57 PM

Awesome work...very happy for you! Lets keep on trucking ALL of us and stay positive and sober!

jason2 07-13-2014 08:09 PM

Fun times and you'll remember it.

HeadLump 07-14-2014 02:55 AM

Great going, Bennevisgal! :c014: And what a test for you to pass -I'm seriously impressed! :hail:

Boudicca 07-14-2014 04:09 AM

Congratulations, B. Isn't it wonderful to let out true selves shine without the haze of alcohol? It's amazing to be able to contribute to the conversation and enjoy ourselves without the worries of drunken behavior and hangovers.
Absolutely brilliant......you are inspiring me!

Keep it up!

amp123 07-14-2014 05:41 AM

Well done!! Sounds fantastic!!! I'm on day 5. I also survived a world cup final party last night though can't say I enjoyed it! Looking forward to hopefully reaching a point where I can enjoy a party without obsessing about what I am or not going to be drinking!

Btw, tonic water seems to be what's working best for me right now.

Bennevisgal 07-14-2014 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by amp123 (Post 4778653)
Well done!! Sounds fantastic!!! I'm on day 5. I also survived a world cup final party last night though can't say I enjoyed it! Looking forward to hopefully reaching a point where I can enjoy a party without obsessing about what I am or not going to be drinking!

Btw, tonic water seems to be what's working best for me right now.

Well done on 5 days!!! I found those were the worst days. So congrats!
As my friend put it, I am just as giggly, obnoxious and out going sober while drunk. That helped me. Take that mentality on. You don't need drink to have a good time! Think of how much your body is thanking you :)
All the best to you Amp! Join in on the chatroom for some more motivation if you ever feel a bit lost, they helped me loads! :You_Rock_

ElleDee 07-14-2014 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 4777821)
Yes - and there are those flavored carbonated waters too.

I totally dig the flavored selzers. I'm sipping on one right now.

Also I picked up a good one from someone here... cranberry juice mixed with ginger ale is so refreshing. I drink the diet version.