SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Landed face first (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/338009-landed-face-first.html)

Thepatman 07-06-2014 07:10 AM

Landed face first

Ok I have lurked enough hiding in my self pity and shame.
I crashed and once again underestimated how chronic of an Alcoholic I am.

I binged for the last week and am to the point that eating food is not even appealing, when I eat I feel like hell, when I drink I feel like hell.

Not even sure if I posted this, but I did manage to get to my first AA. I was not sober but was welcomed with the most awesome people. Managed to walk to the front and get my chip and have a panic attack.

I listened and cried, I am most definitely going back. First it's detox time. I want to go back sober out of respect for the program members. I could tell the lady beside me was not comfortable with my smell. Yikes

All good, I must remain positive and keep my humor Only things that's keeping me from buying a long rope. LOL!

biminiblue 07-06-2014 07:14 AM

So glad you went to the meeting.

Go to another one today.

It might be the piece you have been missing from your puzzle.

Plus, cookies!

resolute50 07-06-2014 07:17 AM

Absolutely, remain positive. It can be very difficult at times not to relapse.
You're still here and still striving to stay away from alcohol.
Nobody is ever a failure as long as they keep trying.

Nuudawn 07-06-2014 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Thepatman (Post 4762452)
First it's detox time.

I'm so very glad to read this my friend. Are you going to be okay? How and where do you plan to detox? When is the next meeting you are going to attend?

LBrain 07-06-2014 07:18 AM

hang in there Pat. Continue meetings - and reach out to people.

HeadLump 07-06-2014 07:19 AM

Stick with it, Pat. You're worth it :hug:

Mcribb 07-06-2014 07:20 AM

You did a good job going to a meeting. Stay positive and keep trying! Your effort is there just need to keep going to meetings.

trachemys 07-06-2014 07:24 AM

Go to your doctor. They can give you something for both detox and the following cravings.

Thepatman 07-06-2014 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Nuudawn (Post 4762468)
I'm so very glad to read this my friend. Are you going to be okay? How and where do you plan to detox? When is the next meeting you are going to attend?

There is one this morning but Withdrawal is kicking in. So I have to monitor and head to the ER if things get too weird. I'm trying to relax not easy.

I know the drill call 911 if things get out of hand.

Tiptree 07-06-2014 07:54 AM

Patman - rooting for you, always.

Oldselfagain 07-06-2014 08:12 AM

Glad you're back Patman. Stick with it. You can do this.

Thepatman 07-06-2014 08:58 AM

I was just thinking about how great people are on SR, all of you.
I have family and they have given up, they simply don't get it as you guys do.

I think they see it as I could just snap out of this, that I am not strong.

Only you guys get how this is a" insert swearing here" emotional addiction that deep down we hurt.

Take care all and keep fighting the good fight as some say.

biminiblue 07-06-2014 09:06 AM

There is no shame in asking for professional help for yourself if you find AA isn't enough.

AA is a great thing, but it does have its own set of difficulties. Try to go to different meetings at different locations until you find a few you like. I am really glad I went through my early days of sobriety in AA meetings.(I went to my first meeting at Day 3 and then went to 90 in 90.) I was able to be a basket case amongst people who not only understood but who were willing to help me when I asked. Those first few weeks were awful. It gets better. I know you've had several slips, so something's gotta change for you to make it stick!

Anna 07-06-2014 09:07 AM

Pat, I am so, so glad to see you back here and know you're working at your recovery.

Feel better soon, and take care today.

PurpleKnight 07-06-2014 09:15 AM

Hey Pat, stay strong, great to see you back posting and staying positive!!

You can do this!! :grouphug:

Cathryn2001 07-06-2014 09:16 AM

You're doing it, Patman--you're taking the steps! I'm glad that your AA experience was positive and is keeping you moving in the right direction. You've got this--believe, believe, believe!

mje124 07-06-2014 09:26 AM

:You_Rock_come on PATMAN day 1 myself tomorrow and I wept when I read your story you are gonna be fine keep breathing keep thinking and you will be ok much love and support mike

soberclover 07-06-2014 09:34 AM

Most importantly I am glad you are back. Secondly, any thoughts on what caused the binge? Obviously, we are alcoholics so there is that answer. However, I know that there is generally a catalyst....something that provokes the picking up of the drink. This is a challenging time of the year as so many people are drinking it seems and there are many events that include alcohol. I'm still learning about the people, places, and things that don't include alcohol. Stay strong. Keep reaching out.

Stoogy 07-06-2014 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Thepatman (Post 4762645)
I was just thinking about how great people are on SR, all of you.
I have family and they have given up, they simply don't get it as you guys do.

I think they see it as I could just snap out of this, that I am not strong.

Only you guys get how this is a" insert swearing here" emotional addiction that deep down we hurt.

Take care all and keep fighting the good fight as some say.

That is so true Pat, I think if you do not have an issue with alcohol you can only pretend to understand the battles we face.

We all have tremendous faith in you Pat, but I think you know that.

Take care.

Verte 07-06-2014 10:23 AM

Hey Patman - there's nothing like getting to a place where our eyes are truly open. Glad you are safe and OK! Please stick around. We are all here with you.

:grouphug: