SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   July 4th Holiday Wee!kender Thread! Movie Quotes Fun! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/337625-july-4th-holiday-wee-kender-thread-movie-quotes-fun.html)

mecanix 07-05-2014 03:32 AM

K ,
for a relatively cheap house in a quiet town , it's causing me grief this week . Banks computers froze on thurs when i was fully ready to go for this .

The realtor / estate agent is getting twitchy about money because the bank i'm using are flat out with the mad property market and the estate agent's are wondering what the hold up is . i.e. thinking i've got no money or something …

The vendor won't accept my offer and take it off the market without a banks mortgage agreement in principal , the bank won't give me an agreement in principal without an offer being accepted by the vendor . :c004:

I'm just wondering if this is the universe telling me now is not the right time ? i'm just keeping a happy heart and hoping for the best .. Sobriety has tought me to let things arise in my life and then go with the momentum and natural rhythms .

Sometimes things happen sometimes they don't . Today i have a comfy bed , a good book to read , food in my belly , a roof , hot and cold running water , my loved ones as healthy as you could hope … I've done as much as i can reasonably do on a saturday morning regarding the purchase ..
so life is good :)

Thanks for asking , m

mecanix 07-05-2014 03:54 AM

*HOT NEWS*

AIP received in an e-mail a few moments ago … waiting for an e-mail from the estate agent now . prod prod @ fate , pray pray , hope hope ,

Gilmer 07-05-2014 04:26 AM

Hope the wheels suddenly start turning really fast now, Mecanix!

charleesavedme 07-05-2014 04:50 AM

Olive- the cookies look great and your dog is so sweet.

Kevin and Ruby – I love Inspector Morse too. I can’t wait for the Sherlock to come back to PBS.

Congrats Newman!

Great picture, Marcher! I’m with you Mecanix, I’d love to take time off and just travel, although a year would not be possible for me. However, I am determined to save for a long rafting trip down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon the year my daughter graduates from high school. That gives me four years and it will probably take me that long to save enough for all four of us. Sending good thoughts about the house.

BigS – glad you are settled and, yes, please post photos.

Weasel – that hike sounds wonderful and would love to see pictures.

I have to get motivated to do something today. I’ve really been so tired and am not sure why. I need to think about nutrition and start a regular exercise program. Keep moving forward with recovery. What a great concept – moving forward.

Good morning to everyone here; hope it’s a good one for everyone!

Gilmer 07-05-2014 05:07 AM

I am about to go for a hike on some big hills.

bookmaven 07-05-2014 06:05 AM

Is this thread still about movie quotes?

Name this movie:
"And my buns, they don't feel nothin' like steel."

Gilmer 07-05-2014 06:07 AM

I went out and it was beautiful: just cool enough without being too cool. The blackberries along the road were just beginning to bud--I found a dozen little ripe ones and ate them (to heck with the dental work!). When I got back, the sun was just beginning to be too warm! Perfect!

Croissant 07-05-2014 06:28 AM

I watched "Inside Daisy Clover" today, with Natalie Wood and Robert Redford.

Interesting movie. Quirky, but dark as well. It's about a young girl discovered and how Tinseltown manipulates stars into becoming a "marketable product".

Apparently it's one of the first films to actually skate on homosexuality, briefly - they toned it down, even though the movie was made in 1965...was very interesting to read about how shocked people were.

Ruby2 07-05-2014 07:00 AM

Good morning everyone. I was awakened by a random telephone call. No one at the other end. Curse you caller!

Newman, well done on making it through without drinking! A day of independence from alcohol. There will be many, unfortunately, who today will be thinking "I have to quit this insanity!"

M, prayers and good wishes that you soon will be escaping the back and forth that goes with home buying negotiations and financing and you will get the approval. Somehow,a remarkable amount of home buying business does go on over weekends...because money is involved. Money doesn't sleep.

BigS, great to hear that you are safely ensconced in Guatemala. Please do send us photos.

Travel. The big dream. Still chipping away at debt accumulated while drinking and my husband was using. The kids want to go to Florida to Legoland and the Harry Potter thing at universal studio. Not likely for a long while. Which reminds me that I have regular, ordinary bills to pay today. My bank got bought by another bank and I have to go through the hassle of redoing all my bill paying stuff, reentering account numbers and routing numbers. I've been procrastinating. I think I will do that now, while my daughter is still sleeping. So, I will see you all later!

Gilmer 07-05-2014 07:23 AM

What a drag, Ruby! The thought of all the tedious entering of numbers again and again online is why I still haven't switched to all online bill-paying!

In a few minutes I will be off to Skyline Caverns, VA to buy some snazzy postcards for Olive! Wal-Mart out here didn't have them, nor did Cracker Barrel--but I have been assured that Skyline Caverns does!

bigsombrero 07-05-2014 08:01 AM

Well, here's the view from my balcony that I promised. Just moved into my new house yesterday, and while the fireplace, loft, and in-unit washer and dryer were nice....this is what really convinced me to rent this place long-term. I wouldn't be here without my sobriety...what a difference 2 years makes! :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/21bot4p.jpg

Olive1 07-05-2014 08:06 AM

Amazing view, Big!!!
:)

Croissant 07-05-2014 08:13 AM

Ugh Ruby! The random telephone call.

BigS.....gorgeous view. It looks like banana trees at the bottom, just left of centre?

Ruby2 07-05-2014 08:23 AM

Thanks all for the agreements on "ugh." It was less painful than expected. Gilmer I do half my bills online and the other half the old fashioned way. Mortgage for sure as an automatic withdrawal. In my drinking days it was too easy to forget and that is the one thing I never botched.

BigS, that is quite the view. Thanks for sharing what you see.

Gilmer, Skyline Caverns sounds pretty. Could you post pics of your trip?

I am going to eat some breakfast. Then try to figure out what to do with my day. the fish tank needs cleaning and so do the hamster and mice cages. Weeding? Laundry? The list never ends, does it?

LBrain 07-05-2014 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by bookmaven (Post 4760620)
Is this thread still about movie quotes."

This thread is about getting through the weekend without drinking/drugging. Movie quotes is the theme. Kind of a distraction or just something fun to participate in.

Dealing with alcohol/addiction issues trumps movie quotes.

LBrain 07-05-2014 08:30 AM

m, hang in there with the house people. It sounds a lot like the US with all the nonsense you have to go through. Stay positive.

BigS - I'm envious. Must be fantastic there.

Charliesavedme, we want to do the raft trip too. Last year when we hiked into the canyon I met some people hiking out that did the 5 day trip. They started near horseshoe bend. We added it to our must do list. We're in!

LBrain 07-05-2014 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by mecanix (Post 4760344)
WoW ,
i really got to come visit , USA , Canada , Australia & NZ might have to plan and save to have a year off , get one of those round the world air tickets .

Maybe plan to have my 50th year off , gives me 10 years to save a bit then … I also want to drive mopeds through france over the Pyrenees and anti clockwise round the iberian peninsular .
m

you gotta do it. Reminds me of a time years ago. I met these guys in Aurtayla and I said if you ever get to the states look me up. Out of the blue I get a call one day - "I'm at the San Francisco airport." I just happened to be fresh out of work. Me and this Aussie spent a couple weeks traveling around California. Watched 4th of July fireworks from roof tops in SF. Unfortunately drinking played a major role in our shenanigans. Had to send him packing after he punched out some kid at a party. I almost did a bicycle tour around the Emerald Isle. It's still on my list.

Look me up when you get here. ;)

Nonsensical 07-05-2014 09:43 AM

We're going to stay up late telling manly stories, and in the morning I'm making waffles!

charleesavedme 07-05-2014 10:16 AM

BigS - great view! I'm there in spirit and what a great example of how sobriety can really turn things around.

Brain - I knew someone from work who took a 10 rafting day trip with his family and said it was one of the best experiences of their life. In addition to having to save, I want the kids to be old enough to really participate. Daughter will be almost 18 and son will be 15 so I think it would be the perfect time.

Well, I got off the couch and mowed the yard and weeded the garden. I even managed to guilt Mr. Charlee into finally cleaning the gutters. Now I'm on the screened porch in front of the fan enjoying a cold beverage (non-alcoholic, of course!) I've got some chicken with salsa and seasonings in the crock pot and life is good.

ForgetfulKevin 07-05-2014 10:25 AM

"Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! I'm just doing my job here."