SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   July 4th Holiday Wee!kender Thread! Movie Quotes Fun! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/337625-july-4th-holiday-wee-kender-thread-movie-quotes-fun.html)

Weasel1966 07-04-2014 04:01 PM

Settling in on a rainy evening for tv. Still cooked on the grill. It's the 4th and a requirement.

See you all in the morning!!!

Olive1 07-04-2014 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am envious of your rainy evening, Weasel.

I ain't no Martha, but they sure do taste good!
Hope everyone is having a good day!

Tiptree 07-04-2014 06:05 PM

"Ease his pain"

Those cookies a hot cup of joe would ease my pain!

cardoon 07-04-2014 06:16 PM

Brain. Endless Summer Classic surf movie. Same thing with waves as fish. Are you a red neck? I am.

ForgetfulKevin 07-04-2014 06:26 PM

"Fasten your seat belts -- it's going to be a bumpy night."

Had a pretty nice day today. Went out for a book browse and picked up a few groceries in the morning. Made coffee but the air pressure dropped again and it was time for a long nap by the time the coffee had brewed -- which was fine, as I meant to have iced coffee anyway.

Fireworks popping all over town now. Too many trees to see much, though.

Starting to watch Inspector Morse for the first time. It's quite a change visually from the high-definition cinematography of Lewis and Endeavour. Plus, I'm watching the shows out of order, having seen much of Lewis first, then the pilot and two episodes of Endeavour (before it went off Netflix) and now back to the original Morse. Cool to see flashes of older Lewis in young Kevin Whately's face. Wondering if Hathaway will have his own show again in 20 or 30 years -- and what his role in society would be then ...

LBrain 07-04-2014 07:40 PM

You shoot me in your sleep, you better wake up and apologize.

Ruby2 07-04-2014 09:48 PM

Kevin, I loved Inspector Morse. Never watched Lewis except for the very first one. I read the morse books too before the tv series. I enjoyed them.

Long day and I'm exhausted. Right now I'm getting in "bed" mindset. Fireworks still going off. I have Spaceballs on in the background. Enjoying the silliness and had forgotten some of the lines in it. "I'm a Mog - half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend." And maybe we should all be our own best friends.

I think I will be kind to myself and go to bed.

newman23 07-04-2014 10:09 PM

OMG, I made it!!! I thought it'd be impossible to get through this holiday without joining in on drinking!

I hope everyone is well! Those cookies look really good btw, Olive :)

mecanix 07-04-2014 10:28 PM

Congratulations newman :)

Hey everyone ,

Saturday morning in the UK , i hope everyone made it through yesterday . If not now is the time to start again , never give in , don't let it drag you backwards .

Just gonna go make coffee , a toasted bacon sandwich on seeded brown i think , then cary on reading my book , "The dreaming void" by peter f hamilton .

Bestwishes, m

Olive1 07-04-2014 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mecanix (Post 4760289)
Congratulations newman :) m

I thought this was a quote from 'Seinfeld'.
I am so discombobulated by the thread this weekend! :)
Okay, so Seinfeld isn't even a movie.

Yes, congrats Newman!
And the dog says 'I don't know what is worse, the constant booms or wearing this silly thunder shirt'

Happy 4th!

Marcher13 07-04-2014 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Winter weekend morning ...

Attachment 23742

MidnightBlue 07-04-2014 11:25 PM

Marcher, what a beautiful pic!

I wish my winter looked like that)

mecanix 07-04-2014 11:54 PM

WoW ,
i really got to come visit , USA , Canada , Australia & NZ might have to plan and save to have a year off , get one of those round the world air tickets .

Maybe plan to have my 50th year off , gives me 10 years to save a bit then … I also want to drive mopeds through france over the Pyrenees and anti clockwise round the iberian peninsular .

m

Gilmer 07-05-2014 01:33 AM

Why anti-clockwise, Mecanix?

bigsombrero 07-05-2014 02:01 AM

Hi all - Glimer, I see that I'm not the only one this side of the Atlantic who's up at this hour. And good morning and afternoon to the rest of you in other parts of the world! Woke up about an hour ago and my brain just won't shut off...I feel like a kid on Christmas morning here. It's my first night sleeping in my new house down here in Guatemala, feeling like a million bucks. I have a wonderful fireplace, high ceilings and a rooftop deck with a great view! I was so tired from working with realtors the past few days, traveling, hauling bags and the hotel scene, that I was zonked out by 8pm and I guess my body clock is a bit off. But one great perk of sobriety is that sleep will always come, and there will be no hangovers or problems waiting for me when I get up.

No celebrations down here for the 4th, obviously - I did hear some fireworks after dark but I'm sure they were unrelated. Fireworks here are a daily occurrence for a number of reasons in these parts! I didn't have time to watch much of the World Cup, but did catch part of the Brazil/Columbia game at a local cafe. The scene is fantastic! Looking forward to catching up during daylight hours, if the skies are clear I'll send a picture of my new spectacular balcony view.

Gilmer 07-05-2014 02:20 AM

Sounds absolutely idyllic, BigS!

Nonsensical 07-05-2014 03:01 AM

Another early riser here!

Went to a BBQ last night. Had a pretty good time, but I was fighting off a food coma after dinner. And the mosquitoes! Yikes! Still, lots of nice folks and good food.

My brother and his S.O. were here for a day. They evacuated the Outer Banks on Thursday for the hurricane and came up here. Good thing they did because the eye passed over the campground they were staying at. They left yesterday to find another campground until they can get back to the Outer Banks - roads are still closed down there.

The S.O. has the alcohol problem, but I don't know what he is doing about it these days. About a year ago he was asking me for advice on how to stop, but I don't think he took it. (Then again, I wasn't taking my own advice full time a year ago, either.) My guess is that he is still drinking, but they didn't drink the night they were here - which was almost certainly for my benefit. I mentioned to my brother that I was OK with it if people wanted to drink, but that conversation was quickly swept under the rug. They seemed frantic to find another place to stay yesterday, and it reminded me of me trying to find a place where I knew I could drink (back in the day). May have been unrelated, but it seemed suspicious.

Darryl: That was a ninety thousand dollar phone call, man. Ninety thousand dollars! 90 grand, man. That's the Stock Market, babe, and it doesn't give a [eff] if I'm in a hospital or not! Hey, the American Stock Market really doesn't care if some a##hole who makes three hundred dollars a weeks says I can't use the [effin'] phone.

Craig: You know what the addict's least favorite word is? No. Ask me if you can use my phone Darryl.

Darryl: Say Craig, may I use the phone?

Craig: No.
- Clean and Sober

cardoon 07-05-2014 03:08 AM

Life is like a box of chocolates...
Now, I'm off to another productive day!
Hope all are doing well.
Stay dry!

Weasel1966 07-05-2014 03:17 AM

Nice pictures Olive and Marcher!

Good morning from rainy Maine and the storm passes overhead. The rain is expected to stop around 10ish and I have all intentions of taking the ferry out to peaks island so hike the trails there. It will be soggy but the scenery with the lifting fog. Picture watch!

Olive I agree the thread has been tough to follow. But I love Seinfeld. Saw his stand up live here and he was awesome. Much funnier than I expected.

BigS... Good to see you had safe travels. There is an expectation of many here that we might live a little outside ourselves through this trip with you. Pictures encouraged.

M... How is the home process going?

Might as well make some eggs and sausage while I wait for the storm to pass.

K

mecanix 07-05-2014 03:20 AM

Anti clockwise is the direction that heads towards a quiet bit of spain and towards Portugal , if you go clockwise you hit all the Mediterranean beach resort towns .

The greener atlantic coasts of the north and west interest me more, Portugal and also the Alhambra in Grenada .

m