SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   7 days.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/335523-7-days.html)

kmae89 06-16-2014 09:29 AM

7 days....

It has been a week since I quit drinking. I know it does not seem like a long time what-so-ever, but to me it is. Especially with drinking every single day. I even went out on a date saturday even though I was a nervous wreck. However, today I am freaking out. I have court in an hour and I am literally shaking all over. I have seen this judge twice now and I honestly feel like I will pass out when I see him.

Anyways- I have found that I am still having symptoms of withdrawal-which I expected anyways. I woke up this morning with my hands and feet sweaty, my hands shaky, and just nervous and soooo anxious. I don't even want to talk to people. :(

I have a long ways to go but I am ready to kick this habit to the curb. These withdrawal symptoms just ARE NOT WORTH IT. I know that I said that last time in detox, but second time going around this is just pure misery!!

I am wondering when this sweating and shaking will end? I will probably be starting a new job this week and I honestly can't do it if I am still withdrawling. :(

Livingbetter 06-16-2014 09:39 AM

Good luck today in court. You will get through it. When I went to court I literally started crying hysterically, but I got through it!

kmae89 06-16-2014 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Livingbetter (Post 4721325)
Good luck today in court. You will get through it. When I went to court I literally started crying hysterically, but I got through it!

Well this is for the DUI I got last july. I was on this in home alcohol monitoring system where you blow three times a day. I blew something several times, so therefore it is a probation violation. I hired a lawyer so I am hoping she will do most of the talking because I feel like I will just collapse. I honestly do not think this is helping keeping me sober. I am wanting to drink because of this but I know that is what got me into this mess. But thank you, I will do my best and hopefully not keel over in court. :P

PurpleKnight 06-16-2014 09:59 AM

7 Days is Fantastic!! :scoregood

ScottFromWI 06-16-2014 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by kmae89 (Post 4721335)
Well this is for the DUI I got last july. I was on this in home alcohol monitoring system where you blow three times a day. I blew something several times, so therefore it is a probation violation. I hired a lawyer so I am hoping she will do most of the talking because I feel like I will just collapse. I honestly do not think this is helping keeping me sober. I am wanting to drink because of this but I know that is what got me into this mess. But thank you, I will do my best and hopefully not keel over in court. :P

Letting your lawyer do the talking is a good idea. Might I ask what else you are doing for your recovery? Still wanting to drink despite the potential consequences you could face sounds like pretty strong addiction talk. Can we help at all?

kmae89 06-16-2014 01:49 PM

I made it through my court!! I feel like a huge burden is lifted off my shoulders and am able to let some of this stress go(part of the reason as to why I drank) I am feeling optimistic that I can maintain my sobriety. Even though my legs started shaking in front of the judge... but I MADE IT! I never give up and I know that I can kick this habit to the curb once and for all :)

HeadLump 06-16-2014 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by kmae89 (Post 4721785)
I made it through my court!! I feel like a huge burden is lifted off my shoulders and am able to let some of this stress go(part of the reason as to why I drank) I am feeling optimistic that I can maintain my sobriety. Even though my legs started shaking in front of the judge... but I MADE IT! I never give up and I know that I can kick this habit to the curb once and for all :)

Good for you!!! Now you can really start your new life :hug: