Notices

7 days....

Old 06-16-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 days....

It has been a week since I quit drinking. I know it does not seem like a long time what-so-ever, but to me it is. Especially with drinking every single day. I even went out on a date saturday even though I was a nervous wreck. However, today I am freaking out. I have court in an hour and I am literally shaking all over. I have seen this judge twice now and I honestly feel like I will pass out when I see him.

Anyways- I have found that I am still having symptoms of withdrawal-which I expected anyways. I woke up this morning with my hands and feet sweaty, my hands shaky, and just nervous and soooo anxious. I don't even want to talk to people.

I have a long ways to go but I am ready to kick this habit to the curb. These withdrawal symptoms just ARE NOT WORTH IT. I know that I said that last time in detox, but second time going around this is just pure misery!!

I am wondering when this sweating and shaking will end? I will probably be starting a new job this week and I honestly can't do it if I am still withdrawling.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck today in court. You will get through it. When I went to court I literally started crying hysterically, but I got through it!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Livingbetter View Post
Good luck today in court. You will get through it. When I went to court I literally started crying hysterically, but I got through it!
Well this is for the DUI I got last july. I was on this in home alcohol monitoring system where you blow three times a day. I blew something several times, so therefore it is a probation violation. I hired a lawyer so I am hoping she will do most of the talking because I feel like I will just collapse. I honestly do not think this is helping keeping me sober. I am wanting to drink because of this but I know that is what got me into this mess. But thank you, I will do my best and hopefully not keel over in court. :P
Old 06-16-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

7 Days is Fantastic!!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by kmae89 View Post
Well this is for the DUI I got last july. I was on this in home alcohol monitoring system where you blow three times a day. I blew something several times, so therefore it is a probation violation. I hired a lawyer so I am hoping she will do most of the talking because I feel like I will just collapse. I honestly do not think this is helping keeping me sober. I am wanting to drink because of this but I know that is what got me into this mess. But thank you, I will do my best and hopefully not keel over in court. :P
Letting your lawyer do the talking is a good idea. Might I ask what else you are doing for your recovery? Still wanting to drink despite the potential consequences you could face sounds like pretty strong addiction talk. Can we help at all?
Old 06-16-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I made it through my court!! I feel like a huge burden is lifted off my shoulders and am able to let some of this stress go(part of the reason as to why I drank) I am feeling optimistic that I can maintain my sobriety. Even though my legs started shaking in front of the judge... but I MADE IT! I never give up and I know that I can kick this habit to the curb once and for all
Old 06-16-2014, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by kmae89 View Post
I made it through my court!! I feel like a huge burden is lifted off my shoulders and am able to let some of this stress go(part of the reason as to why I drank) I am feeling optimistic that I can maintain my sobriety. Even though my legs started shaking in front of the judge... but I MADE IT! I never give up and I know that I can kick this habit to the curb once and for all
Good for you!!! Now you can really start your new life