SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 4, soon comes weekend ohoh (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/330765-day-4-soon-comes-weekend-ohoh.html)

Makrellen 05-01-2014 03:05 AM

Day 4, soon comes weekend ohoh

I'm on day 4 sober. Yesterday was ok / good

But soon comes weekend..
I used to drink especially on weekends. Weekends was my safe zone: "everybody drinks on weekends. let go and enjoy! party (alone)"
Now I think about the beers, and wonder "can I do it? how?"

Any way I can set my mind, that will help getting through the weekend without the old beers?
Willpower is not the thing alone
I want to have a good time and enjoy the weekend

I'm gonna buy a truckload of juice, bubblywater etc. And read my list of pro's to not drinking. That should help some

Thanks

Dee74 05-01-2014 03:19 AM

There'll be a weekend support thread popping up any time Mackrellen - and why not join a Class support thread - either April or May?

D

Makrellen 05-01-2014 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 4624602)
There'll be a weekend support thread popping up any time Mackrellen - and why not join a Class support thread - either April or May?
D

Yes, thank you. I have already joined the april class. Will join the weekend thread

Should I use the class thread for all questions instead of the main newcomer forum? I guess

Dee74 05-01-2014 03:25 AM

You can have two threads going, no problem :)

D

Makrellen 05-01-2014 03:45 AM

I think I mean: now that I'm in a class, should I use that for all talk from now on?

charleesavedme 05-01-2014 03:47 AM

Makrellen, great job on the four days. I am in my second serious attempt at sobriety. I have found that if I think I'm going to be in a situation where I am weak, I must plan ahead and have a strategy. Weekends are tough and so planning activities, even a walk to a park or something else in nature really helps me. If I see the beauty of the world, and get some exercise, then it's easier to stay sober. I'm by no means an expert; this is just what's working for me. Dee is right that posting and reading here is also a great thing and very helpful. Best of luck to you.

Dee74 05-01-2014 03:48 AM

You can but there are no rules is what I mean :)

whatever you feel comfortable with is fine.

Some topics you might like a wider array of responses on?
It's fine to make a thread like this.

D

Makrellen 05-01-2014 04:07 AM

Thank you. I'm a noob :)

BruceSA 05-01-2014 04:14 AM

Keep strong and positive, Makrellen, it gets better and better.

How about taking a walk on the beach, being with some "non-drinking" friends this weekend? Maybe planning ahead for what you will do to keep some fun in the weekend and pass the time too?

I found that work helped (ok, pretty boring) but it kept my mind busy and the time seemed to fly?

As our American friends say "rootin' for ya"

All the best,

Bruce.

Ruby2 05-01-2014 03:33 PM

I like the weekend thread. I would drink every night all week ling but especially in weekends. When I got sober I found it helped to plan sober activities in advance and especially at the time I would begin to drink. Now I go to a beginners AA meeting on friday evening. I have found that if I get through Friday the remainder of the weekend is easier.

rockstonic 05-01-2014 03:51 PM

I find Saturdays can be tricky for me. I'm so happy that I didn't drink Friday that I want to celebrate! I found my most successful sober periods have been when I take myself out of my usual go out drinking environment. All day long intensive exercise activities work best for me. Biking, hiking, running, or just exploring a new mall and walking around! Things that keep me moving and interacting with my environment.

Best of luck!

LadyBlue0527 05-01-2014 05:59 PM

The more you plan activities that require sobriety on the weekend the better off you'll be. I used to have a movie to go see every Friday night and dinner was eaten at home. I had a to do list made ahead of time for Saturdays too. Do you have an IPhone and like the outdoors? Geocaching takes time and is fun.

Come here, a lot! :)