SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Every Bunny is some Bunny! Easter holiday weekender thread! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/329306-every-bunny-some-bunny-easter-holiday-weekender-thread.html)

Weasel1966 04-19-2014 11:40 AM

Beautiful woman.... Love those places with stuff at crap prices.... I can walk around the tables all day. These day I stager less but still fun! Lol glad you are doing better.

LBrain... I walked nearly 8 miles today so I stopped for three Chicago dogs... I think I am even now.

Amazing... I used to do a lot of X.. Layed in the grass and really did think the grass was growing in front of my eyes... So to see it sober is good I guess... No?

Tiptree ... Some heavy stuff... God... No god... Good... Evil... I have come to much in my life with a list. A list of questions. Most of the time I thought I was smart enough to come with a list of answers. Instead of going anywhere these days with something on either side of the equation I come with an open heart. It makes it easiest to see. Deep thoughts are not bad thoughts. I like your posts. Glad you are here.

Ken

LBrain 04-19-2014 11:40 AM

Tiptree, my most favoritest story in the whole wildest world is the Dr Seuss gem, 'Horton Hears a WHO.' It explains everything.

"We are here! We are here! We are here!"

izzy8 04-19-2014 11:40 AM

Great thoughts

Spring is a time for new- new beginnings. That's what I'm banking on!

Olive1 04-19-2014 01:44 PM

Good afternoon, Weekenders!
Lovely, rainy Saturday here. A good day to bake and paint. I got all set up to do the tulip canvas and realized I was missing a couple of things. Went off to the art store. Super dangerous there as there are many things I am positively sure I cannot live without, but I made it home without spending my whole paycheck.
Baked banana bread with coconut and lime, soon going to make sweet potato fries and turkey burgers for dinner.
I hope everyone is having a fabulous, sober start to the weekend!
:)

Goldcoastgirl 04-19-2014 01:48 PM

Hi all Easter Sunday morning here. Very quiet weekend but boring to me now has a new appeal! Olive, your menu sounds wonderful, if I wasn't half a world away I would ask to come and share! Hope you all have a peaceful and sober Easter Sunday however you spend it x

Olive1 04-19-2014 01:55 PM

Goldcoastgirl,
I love quiet and boring weekends!
And, you are welcome to come and share anytime!
:)

Hevyn 04-19-2014 03:00 PM

Creepy bunny scared me Weasel. :cries3:

Amazingglazier 04-19-2014 03:56 PM

Well hope I didn't drown the new seeds I put on the lawn, I know they didn't germinate yet, but somehow the lawn looks greener from sober eyes! Have a good one ! Stay Strong and Well ! bobby

soberclover 04-19-2014 04:05 PM

Took a long nap today but was full of dreams I wasn't liking. Dreaming is new now that I'm sober so that is at least a good thing. Ham dinner cooking as I"m at bf's house. Junkie daughter just called looking for a ride home. I'm going to insist on going through her backpack when she get's home as I"m sick of her bringing needles and heroin in to the house especially when I"m here. It isn't my house so I can only push it so much. I can always go back to my house if it get's too stressful. I was already stressed as have been having drinking thoughts but not acting on it. I think it is because my immediate family is away and I just started my school vacation.

Ruby2 04-19-2014 09:03 PM

Hi all. Late here. Early elsewhere. Staying sober. Got the kids to all they needed to get to. Bumped into a lady from my AA group at the park while my son was practicing baseball and my daughter was playing in the playground. Normal people doing what normal people do instead of drinking themselves unconscious on a gorgeous day. Went to an open speaker meeting and brought the kids who played in the kids room during the meeting. Came home and am now assembling food for tomorrow. Cut up a ton of vegetables for a marinated cauliflower salad. Fried up a pound of BACON for an egg casserole to bring to an Easter breakfast before church. Can't have a weekend thread without bacon being mentioned, cooked and consumed.

The casserole gets assembled the night before and baked in the morning. Should be yummy. Husband and son were watching a movie and it just finished at eleven p.m. Son disappointed that I'm not staying up til midnight reading Harry potter but I am tired. Husband says it will be okay but I'm resentful. he is in bed and he slept a big chunk of day away as he adjusts to his new job schedule which is working nights.

Time to assemble eggs and I will go to bed. Olive, banana bread with coconut and lime sounds divine as coconut, lime and banana bread are three of my favorite flavors. Mmm. Happy Easter everyone!

Nonsensical 04-20-2014 03:20 AM

Happy Easter Sobrenders!

Regardless of your faith, I don't think it's such a bad thing to take a little time to think about redemption. All of us who are overcoming an addiction, irrespective of our stage of recovery, understand the regret and shame of our past transgressions.

Be assured that you can leave it behind you. Exalt. Celebrate. Rejoice in your freedom and your ultimate victory. :grouphug:

:bunny6:

Fandy 04-20-2014 04:19 AM

HappyEaster!
Ok, every holiday that involves big eating and prepping, I am getting sick! My stomach is now deciding my life.
I have much to do, making Cannoli filling and a fancy platter of fruit to dip in the filling...thank God I got the good cookies from the Italian bakery yesterday.
and my big cat Fandy just bit my wrist and drew blood as I was untangling his knots.
and it is only 7am.
hopefully all will settle soon and I can enjoy the day...I havent seen part of the family since last Thanksgiving and am also bringing their Xmas gifts.

Weasel1966 04-20-2014 04:28 AM

Non... Very nice.... I agree and a very happy Easter to you my friend.

Miss Fandy.... You can cold pack that filling and ship it directly to Portland Maine. Today is fine. There will be plenty for others to eat I am sure. They won't miss it. Thanks!

Slept in.... I let the two kitties sack out on the bed. A treat they don't get often. Next... bACON and eggs! Got one of those fancy not cured kind.

Hope everyone is arising sober this Easter. Not hungover. But know I have year after year so get off any pity train and spend the day with us. You can do it if we can.

K

Fandy 04-20-2014 04:37 AM

My cats allow me to share the bed, the tempurpedic is really theirs.
Cannoli filling is very easy, marscpone, drained ricotta, confectioners sugar and whipped cream, extract or a teaspoon of liquor,
whip it all together and serve with strawberries, dry biscotti, almond cookies, I also bought cannoli chips. If I make traditional cannoli it might get soggy. If you have giant strawberries, you can hollow out and stuff.

LBrain 04-20-2014 05:19 AM

Morning all, Happy Easter.
Gong to visit sister & hubby, other sister is there from far away. My sisters can drink more than I did when I drank - but I'm the only one with a problem.
Should be a great spring day. Enjoy all. Just don't drink.

Holli 04-20-2014 05:28 AM

Happy Easter, everyone! This year I am looking forward to going somewhere ELSE to see the family, so much less work! My plan is to not drink!!!

Ruby2 04-20-2014 05:36 AM

Cannoli filling sounds delicious.

Hevyn 04-20-2014 06:18 AM

I want the cannoli filling too. :)

Not hungover - what a joy. All the years of a throbbing head and remorse. So very thankful that's behind us.

mecanix 04-20-2014 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mecanix trip to the essex coast .
Remember this is the easter bank holiday 22 clecius and sunny so as you can see i was fighting off the crowds :) lol

Keep on soberinos , m

Hevyn 04-20-2014 09:34 AM

Looks lovely to me mecanix. :)