SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   And Again... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/326184-again.html)

Justadude 03-17-2014 07:17 PM

And Again...

This is my first post. I have hovered here time and time again. Started to register but did not. I just read a few posts that mirror my position in so many ways. So again... Day one. Guilt, anxiety, regret, jitters and fear... Almost makes the craving feel insignificant. My longest sobriety was 6 months. It must be different this time.

So tired of my cycle. This time I am here with you all... Maybe this time. Day one... Again.

:gaah

Aarryckha 03-17-2014 07:22 PM

Welcome!

If you made it to six months before, you can do it again.

What made you start again?

Natalie17 03-17-2014 07:24 PM

Good for you for picking yourself, and dusting yourself off!

GreenEggsAndHam 03-17-2014 07:35 PM

Hey six months is great! What matters is that you never give up. Happy to have you here!

Justadude 03-17-2014 07:45 PM

Aarryckha,

There are so many reasons for Today's quit. The same as always. Guilt over everything. Can't focus at work, lose days of productivity at home, afraid of the damage to my organs and the list goes on. I am grateful it was a wine binge because it is not as bad as a scotch recovery. It is sad I can differentiate them. So tired of being tired of it.

I am grateful for the posts of support I see on this site. And when I am stronger, I hope to be as encouraging to newcomers as well. Thank you.

Discovery14 03-17-2014 10:22 PM

You can do it. Make sure you check in often here on SR.

Dee74 03-17-2014 10:35 PM

Welcome JustADude :)

D

1newcreation 03-17-2014 10:42 PM

Welcome back man;@ least you're here coz lot of folks go back out for years b4 gettin back. register daily @ some point if haven't already, w/ 24hr sign in post. As suggestion, drop by an aa mtg coz might save your life as it did me

KateL 03-18-2014 06:41 AM

Welcome Justadude xxxx

Anna 03-18-2014 08:34 AM

Yes, guilt, shame, fear, anxiety - all of the negative emotions swirling around and causing havoc. I will never forget that. But, know that it's part of the disease of alcoholism. These negative feelings keep you entrenched in the cycle of addiction. But, you can step out of the pattern and begin to recover. :)

Hevyn 03-18-2014 08:37 AM

Justadude - Here's where the madness can end. I felt so relieved when I finally started posting. Everyone understood - I was no longer alone.

You can have a wonderful new life without all that anxiety and misery. You will be free. I'm so glad you reached out. :hug:

adams 03-18-2014 09:08 AM

Hey justadude, I'm right here with you. Day three for me. Short term quits before, lurking the site before but afraid to post, finally stepped out yesterday and started engaging the community. It's scary. Have a great sober day. Hope to see you around here regularly, for both our sakes.

SoberLeigh 03-18-2014 09:40 AM

Welcome, justadude; I look forward to seeing you bust through your 6 month record.

toddle118 03-18-2014 09:45 AM

Hi justadude, glad you decided to join, the forum will help you a great deal x as you said, and I agree, I just got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

You can do it again, 6 months is great!

nmd 03-18-2014 11:19 AM

Welcome! I'm just beginning my sobriety as well, and there are lots of us here struggling with the same things. Looking back at my personal journal, I think my best sobriety record is only around a month or so from a while back.

For me the decision to join and post here went along with my admission that I needed to quit for good and completely and it's been a huge burden lifted off of my shoulders

least 03-18-2014 11:53 AM

:welcome

I'm glad you found us and joined the family. You can beat this thing. I hope the support here helps you get sober for good. :)

bluncain 03-18-2014 12:40 PM

Welcome Dude

Sulu1 03-18-2014 12:51 PM

Welcome dude :)

StraightAhead 03-18-2014 01:02 PM

Hey justadude, welcome! It is so great that you joined up and posted. I know it is difficult at first. But what a great community this is for support. Everyone has the same issue and focus on getting better. I have a bit over a month and I am just so glad I made the decision to quit. It has been paying big dividends for me in terms of my overall health and feeling good. Alcohol is really a terrible thing to be ingesting, and I am really glad to be done with it. I was a wine drinker as well. Maybe wine is less awful that scotch but it can be plenty awful in of itself. So say goodbye to all those bad things and look forward to true freedom. It's the best!

bluncain 03-18-2014 02:29 PM

I put down my wine bottle on Jan 3rd, this site is excellent. I log in at least every morning.
Good Luck