SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I publiclyd declare I am finished with alcohol. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/323948-i-publiclyd-declare-i-am-finished-alcohol.html)

SevenNuts 02-24-2014 04:14 PM

I publiclyd declare I am finished with alcohol.

That's it. I'm done. My life is a total wreck, and a much better life awaits. I challenge myself to not be a fraidy cat, and be part of this community, posting often, engaging with life rather than running from it.

:c011:

Yes, this is me giving myself a hand.

Cheers!

Hevyn 02-24-2014 04:16 PM

Welcome SevenNuts! You're going to love being here with us. This is a wonderful community for encouragement.

You have a great attitude and sound determined. As you said, a new life is waiting. :)

SevenNuts 02-24-2014 04:16 PM

I'm not quite sure how I screwed up in the heading so bad. Publicly. That's it.

Dee74 02-24-2014 04:18 PM

Welcome SevenNuts :)

D

Goldcoastgirl 02-24-2014 04:19 PM

Welcome Seven Nuts, you should give yourself a cheer - a good step in the right direction joining us here at SR! I'll give you a cheer back! :You_Rock_

Hope4Life 02-24-2014 04:21 PM

The hardest part is admitting that you have a problem and you are past that now. Congratulations on taking the first step towards a MUCH better life!

:ring:ring

applecake 02-24-2014 04:22 PM

Welcome, Seven! Glad you are here!

least 02-24-2014 04:23 PM

Welcome to the family from a fellow Buckeye. :)

Gibbons2 02-24-2014 04:24 PM

Seven, no big deal on your headline, I got it right away. We aren't perfect.

Congrats on realizing you have a problem and doing something about it. It is the first step.

One day at a time. :You_Rock_

FreeOwl 02-24-2014 05:17 PM

right on Seven!!!!

Way to go.

Welcome.

:ring

FreeFall 02-24-2014 05:21 PM

Welcome SevenNuts-glad you found SR. You have found a wonderfully supportive gang of people who understand. It is a challenge, but you're up to it!!

steffie 02-24-2014 05:25 PM

Right on Sevennuts glad to hear that.
A much better life is just around the corner, I know, I'm experiencing the freedom that comes as the dependence on alcohol goes down.
I've never been in jail but I wouldn't doubt it's pretty similar to getting out

kcvalentine 02-24-2014 05:43 PM

You know, Seven, that's kind of how I did it too. I mean I didn't declare it publicly here exactly, but I started admitting to my family and friends that I was an alcoholic and that I was beginning recovery. I did it as insurance for myself. I'm the type of person who cares about my image and what the people in my life think about me, and I would be so embarrassed if I relapsed. Of course it was also important for me to talk about my recovery because I had a lot to process...still do sometimes! It's been a couple of years since I stopped drinking and feel really solid in my recovery now, so I don't worry about being held accountable anymore. But in the beginning I really appreciated the extra bumper.

Best wishes on your recovery! xoxox

matt4x4 02-24-2014 05:51 PM

Welcome
Admitting it to yourself, and publicly admitting it is a good start.
What are you willing to do to combat this boozing it up problem?

BrendonM 02-24-2014 06:14 PM

The change you make in your mind is the first and most critical, good job!

jw1969 02-24-2014 06:34 PM

Hi SevenNuts! I too have just recently seriously decided to quit, not as easy as I thought it would be. But it is a good decision and you have come to the right place.

Betterlife1 02-24-2014 06:39 PM

Welcome 7!! I love your post! It's like "I'm just friggen doing this, stay the heck outta my way"!! Seems like your up to the challenge!!

SevenNuts 02-24-2014 08:15 PM

I'm going to do anything I have to, to combat this problem. I'm starting by admitting and accepting my condition, and not being ashamed or embarrassed. I'm familiar with AA. I'm going to reach out and be part of the fellowship. I'm going to work the steps with a sponsor, and let go of my criticisms regarding belief in God. I do have a Greater Power. I'm going to "quite the debate team" as I believe it says in the 12 and 12. I'm as secular as they come, but I know the steps will help.

Don't get me wrong, I'm scared and not totally confident in this decision, but I've never seen things so clearly and been this determined. I don't want to waste another day lost in the drink.

zombiegirl 02-24-2014 11:50 PM

Good luck we will all support u xxx

Paul123456 02-24-2014 11:53 PM

welcome and you have made a wise decision