SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   25 year old alcoholic - Sober 6 days today. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/321388-25-year-old-alcoholic-sober-6-days-today.html)

aaronraguse 02-01-2014 08:10 PM

Thanks :) yeah i have waterskiied along time even drunk so its second nature even feeling sick.. Doing things like this is keeping me focused. Its just that beer craving i get every afternoon.. But i just focus coming on here and doing productive things. I still wish i never started.

aaronraguse 02-01-2014 08:11 PM

Even docos are good online i found and books from library have read a few, there is a doco called 'high on alcohol' by national geo on youtube. it will make a lot of people think twice about abusing alcohol. It freaked me out. What alcohol can do to a human life.

rove27 02-01-2014 08:34 PM

Hi aaronraguse, WELCOME! and congratulations on your 6 days. You have been through so much for such a young age. It is great that you are saving yourself from alcohol while you still can. The cravings lessen over time. Just focus on saving your life, try not to think of how your uncles or how others drink, they are killing themselves. One day at a time.......
Good job!

lisatrying 02-01-2014 09:06 PM

Aaron as you already said, reading on this site is a huge help to a lot of us.

Two docos I liked a lot that I watched recently are Russel Brands addiction doco, (he is funny so very easy to watch), and also Utterly Addicted to Alcohol by Johnny Rushour - not funny but really sends the message home.

aaronraguse 02-01-2014 09:40 PM

Hey lisa utterly addicted to alcohol is same as high on alcohol. With ryan rogers poor guy, it hit home that doco for me, i must watch russell brands doco too :)

aaronraguse 02-01-2014 09:41 PM

Thanks rove, yes my partner said focus on you not ur uncles as they are killing themselves they are 40 and look 60. I focus on saving my life and livin healthy. Damn its hard. But im still not letting it control me

Sorensen 02-01-2014 10:00 PM

Eat as healthy as you can, lots of fish, raw fruits and veggies, nuts, lentils, beans. Your body will thank you and speed up the rebuild process with healthy foods.

Omega 3 foods will detoxify even more and make your cravings less. Salmon, avocado, raw nuts, olive oil are good examples of omega 3's.

Stay away from sugar, it is not your friend.

Sorensen 02-01-2014 10:03 PM

I saw the addicted to alcohol documentary, insane stuff, 3 pints of vodka a day is A LOT. I drink the equivalent of that in a week in beer. Makes me seem like an angel but I still have a problem.

aaronraguse 02-01-2014 10:58 PM

Insane isnt it, he was very sick im glad i never got that dependant. I love omega 3s i even ate tuna and beef when i was drinking everyday, and love boiled eggs too :) good foods make a difference. Sugar has been giving me headaches or could be the withdrawel too.

Marcher13 02-02-2014 02:10 AM

Hey Aaron, welcome to SR :) I'm from Australia too. You've made a great start and now you've found SR. I'm cheering you on.

aaronraguse 02-02-2014 02:57 AM

Thanks Marcher13 more support the better.. I feeling good for day 8 tomorrow… I can do it ;)

Raguse 06-15-2014 04:41 AM

Hi guys, sorry to bring up an old thread.. I couldnt get into my old email and user name.

Im now writting under my new username.

Anyways... Hello again guys, i havent been on these forums for a while... And you may guess why?.......

Drinking! The last few months I have managed a day off here and there. And i do not know why i am continuing to live like this, i have probably relapsed 10-15 times now. I am Day 1 of being sober since probably Mid April. I need to make this sober change i now have a beautiful daughter and a loving partner, and have still choose the drink. Do not know how i havent lost everything, and im scared if i dont change i will, I tried cutting down just before my daughter was born and after she was born, but everything has gotten worse have been drinking up to 12-15 beers per day or otherwise alot of wine, couldnt tell you how much.... My partner is still sticking by me she knows the real me before the drink has controlled my life since i was around 20. I dont want my daughter growing up with a drunk dad, most of my family are alcoholics and its a scary cycle i need to get away from,

Anyways just venting, and its good to be back here :)

ForgetfulKevin 06-15-2014 04:54 AM

Aaron, sorry to read how things went but glad that you are back and trying again, and also that you continued your thread from February, which I'm sure will help as a warning and a reminder to many of us.

Best wishes for your health and sobriety! Hoping you find whatever support and help you need. Please don't try to do this on your own.

Raguse 06-15-2014 05:17 AM

Thanks kevin, no its too hard by yourself, i have a supportive partner so im trying my best, i wrote in one thread about whats the worst thing you have done blackout drunk, and i keep reading all the horrible things i have done, which gives me more and more motivation to stay away from alcohol!!

Its a hard hard thing to beat but i will keeeep trying! :)

jezza 06-15-2014 05:32 AM

Hi Aaron

Well done for the 7 days.. I'm only on day 4 AGAIN but at the end of each day I always say to myself how proud I am of myself... You should do the same!!

Jupiters 06-15-2014 06:11 AM

welcome back :)

Raguse 06-15-2014 06:15 AM

Hey jezza day 1 i was day 7 on my old account, yep each day will get easier i hope :)

Raguse 06-15-2014 06:16 AM

Thanks jupiters :)

ultradad 06-15-2014 06:38 AM

Welcome back bud! I've tried on my own for years to quit and I can tell you my experience is will power alone never quite cut it! I always drank again! It's great you have the support of you partner and I would suggest finding a good AA meeting and doing everything possible to beat this disease! Trust me...it only gets worse if you don't!

All the best!

Raguse 06-15-2014 06:43 AM

Thanks ulltradad, yeah i have done the aa in the past, wasnt for me to be honest, but it does work for alot of people, i just have to focus on other things, i am actually a very active person considering i drink so much, like i still keep in shape and manage to train and exercise while hungover and eat ok, but nighttimes is whats the hard part.. .. .. I use to drink mornings but no longer do that with a child now, got to have my head straight at some point, but i realised if i quit this how much more productive things i can do... Which i have missed out on in recent years. I never would have thought 8 years ago i would become an alcoholic as i hated it so much.

One day at a time :)