SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober this weekend here... 18 -19 - 20! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/310939-stay-sober-weekend-here-18-19-20-a.html)

Weasel1966 10-18-2013 03:34 AM

Stay sober this weekend here... 18 -19 - 20!

I happen to have made a rather big move from New York to Maine this week.

I have broken routines and patters. Something I deeply rely on. So my newly established sober routines are to be tested in different ways.

So? That's just part of life. Not an excuse to drink!

Well maybe as you are trying to make new habits out of staying sober on weekends.... If you are trying to find different ways to react to triggers or desires. If you are trying to figure this all out and make it work for you... Then....

Say hello here this weekend.... Share your thoughts.... Ask questions...

Like M always says.... Ring ring that freedom bell of sobriety!

If you need direct help sometimes a long thread can hide things.... Reach out in your own thread.... Otherwise this is for everyone!

Good to be here today. Happy I moved. Looking forward to making new beginnings!

Glad you are here too!

Ken

DoubleDragons 10-18-2013 03:38 AM

Hi, happy weekend!! Today is Day 20 for me and I am embarking on my third alcohol free weekend. I am hoping it is easier than last weekend for me! We can do this. Stay strong!

Mirage74 10-18-2013 04:04 AM

Day 31 here. Plan on getting to day 34. Some good football on this weekend. Have a Good Friday everyone, and let's stay sober

lorelei 10-18-2013 04:05 AM

sunday marks my day 14, so ill be in for a sober, quiet, hopefully happy weekend x

Fandy 10-18-2013 04:14 AM

Weasey! are you living by yourself? have you met new people in your area? going exploring sounds like fun to find your way. do they have a good deli and bakery?

Weasel1966 10-18-2013 04:21 AM

Hey Miss Fandy!

I am alone.... They have lots of great places to explore. Th food in the Portland area is great.

I have scheduled myself to volunteer at the soup kitchen next week a few days and have a few meetings planned. Also going to join a local writers group. So I am guessing out.

One thing that helps in Maine is people are friendly. Not like New York where three are just so many people to say hello on the street would be ridiculous. Lol.

How are you? I hope well!

happyhour 10-18-2013 04:23 AM

i'm in. hope everyone has a great, soberlicious weekend.

Bilr44 10-18-2013 04:26 AM

Going for my 7th sober weekend in a row and day 50 this coming Monday. Weekends were never worse for me than weekdays as I drank no matter what day it was. I'm glad that cycle is broken.

LadyBlue0527 10-18-2013 04:33 AM

Going for my 21st sober weekend and 5 months next Thursday! I'm in!!!!!

Flying4Life 10-18-2013 04:33 AM

I am in! I am also on my 7th weekend but since I was typically a weekend binge drinker I need extra support on the weekends. Just going to take it easy and relax (nap, comfy clothes, watch movies) for now. This week has been exhausting. Have a great sober weekend everyone!

ChrisBen 10-18-2013 04:42 AM

I am so in. Sober weekend number 6 for me! Used to look at the kids crazy schedule and cringe wondering how I was going to get some "me" time. That always included checking out with a bottle or two. No longer. The new sober me is loving the soccer and hockey craziness. Looking forward to a gorgeous fall weekend making great memories. Enjoy everyone!

Kaneda8888 10-18-2013 05:17 AM

I am in ! Looking forward to another sober weekend '

Weasel1966 10-18-2013 05:55 AM

They are starting odd up huh! The sober weekends!

Each still feels like a gift for me. From the first to now. Make them shine!

HDrosebud 10-18-2013 06:19 AM

This will be my first (hoping for many more) weekend of being sober.... If I am true to my self then everything will fall into place.

Weasel1966 10-18-2013 06:23 AM

Welcome HD! Good for you! Gotta have a first before a second so stick around and share what you are up to this weekend to keep you sober? What's your plan?

tgirl 10-18-2013 06:37 AM

I'm in! 4 months for me and my 18th sober weekend!

soberclover 10-18-2013 06:43 AM

Happy Sober Weekend everyone! 11 months tomorrow and glad to be on this SR thread with you fantastic and strong people. Congrats Weas on your move....soooooooooo happy for you!! I have today off from work so relaxing, hitting a noon meeting, as well as a much needed counseling session this afternoon. Breaking out the crochet hooks and an old project and a trip to the season ending farmer's market later also on the agenda.

HDrosebud 10-18-2013 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 4245057)
Welcome HD! Good for you! Gotta have a first before a second so stick around and share what you are up to this weekend to keep you sober? What's your plan?

My plans are making homemade grape juice, pulled pork for my man for hunting seasons. If I am lucky get on my Harley for short ride (no stopping at the local watering holes). Then reading Kick the Drink I just download to my Kindle.

Weasel1966 10-18-2013 06:59 AM

HD... Sound like a good plan. Stick to it.

Homemade grape juice.... Never did that yet. Lol

Soberclover! I love days at home sometimes working on projects. Have fun at the meeting.

And yes... I am so damn happy with this decision to move you have no idea. I have ten more days off before the new job. Lots of writing and relaxing in store.

K

ejackson 10-18-2013 07:04 AM

Thanks for starting this thread, Weasel. Last weekend's thread got me through. And congratulations on your move!

I'm on Day 10, and this will be my second sober weekend. I need a plan for tonight because I *really* would love a glass of wine to end the work week. But I read someone else's comment earlier this week (wish I could remember who), who said, what's the point of having 1 or 2? And that resonated with me. I wouldn't have 1 glass... what would be the point? So my choice is either none or 10.

My plan? I don't know yet. I need to figure something out.