SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Cirrhosis ! God no ..not ME :( (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/306511-cirrhosis-god-no-not-me.html)

SweatyHands 09-11-2013 11:18 AM

Well, it sounds like your body is already trying to heal itself. One thing that I always tried to remind myself of in detox was that the stronger and healthier we make our bodies, the more it can heal on its own. The body's natural instinct at the cellular level is to heal, and as long as we aren't counteracting that function with poisons and lethargy, it knows what it's doing far better than we do. Congratulations on the better than expected results and good luck for the healing. One of my favorite nutrition books is Healing With Whole Foods. It's definitely worth looking up.

duane1 09-11-2013 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 4174039)
I CANNOT. Drink again or i will die. ( not negotiable )

I found that diagnosis to be a blessing for me. True, I didn't get it from a doctor, but I knew it to be true. It made the idea of quitting so much easier to grasp.
Eat right, exercise and I think you will have a long life. It may be inconverienced because of things you did in the past, but will be much more fulfilling than if you didn't have the medical issues and kept right on drinking.

SnoozyQ 09-11-2013 02:51 PM

Thanks everyone
Ok ...after digesting my news from yesterday its time to get up and go to work.

How the hell do i drag myself out of bed and be " normal ' around everyone at work.

I just DONT feel myself today , i feel like its written on my face DONT TALK TO ME TODAY.
I DONT want real life conversations today.
Is it bad to feel so sorry for myself ...even though my ailments are self inflicted.
Who Knows ...sigh, maybe my mood will change once i get in there.
For gods sakes there are people worse off than me there and they didnt bring it upon themselves.
I think i may be grieving a little bit for what i might have been.

The longer i am sober , the more i remember and feel.( not always a good thing )

Geez real life can be a challenge , its hard expending energy to be ' Normal ' at this point !

Emily2002 09-11-2013 03:00 PM

Glad you don't have to wait for those results any longer, Snoozy!

My blood sugar's been WAY up there, too, so I'm working on losing weight. Type II Diabetes, hypertension, thyroid issues, and high cholesterol aren't good companions, so I too must address all of these ASAP.

I'm curious to see if I can reverse my numbers like a few have already done, here.

Hang in there. You/we can do this!!!!

Emily2002 09-11-2013 03:05 PM

Try being kind to yourself, today, Snoozy. You probably are grieving for that old you, but the new version can and will be better if you tend your garden well.

Hugs and good vibes across the miles.

MAKE it a good day. Just breathe and if you can, smile. :hug:

SnoozyQ 09-11-2013 03:08 PM

How poignant your quote is by George Elliot, newleaf .

Its never too late to be who you might have been.

we can do this , Dee was right though about knowing what you have and then dealing with news you get.

Its definitely better to know even though i really didn't think so.

Only then can we truly move on.

Im sure you will reverse your numbers honey,
HOPE ....its always there ...lurking with the nasties ...

Good luck xxxx we CAN do this , you are so right!

:tyou :ring

ImperfectlyMe 09-11-2013 03:12 PM

Snoozie remember what I said in the PM you get 3 days to feel what you want ;) then gloves on (rocky music.. Eye of the tiger)

You're in my thought all day

SnoozyQ 09-11-2013 03:18 PM

Yes love ,

Thanks again

* punches the air and drags sorry arse out of bed *

Hugz xxx

:-)))

Mountainmanbob 09-11-2013 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 4174841)
I think i may be grieving a little bit for what i might have been.

that's very common after we get the clue

God can restore the years back that we gave to the locus

(Joel 2:25 ESV)

I will restore to you the years
that the swarming locust has eaten,
the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
my great army, which I sent among you.

concordance
Joel 2:25 Being human often means bearing loss never to be regained (the years that the swarming locust has eaten), and yet the Lord, the bringer of the calamity (Ps. 90:15), is also the Lord of mercy and abundant grace who is fully able to recompense:

serious 09-11-2013 03:43 PM

i would strongly recommend you see a nutritional expert. (in addition to continuing working with your doctor). the miracle of healthy eating has been proven time and time again. and the reversal in certain conditions that modern medicine simply considers "un-treatable" is still very possible.

people have recovered from cancer by completely changing their diet.

hope is not yet lost. focus your energy on getting healthy.

Eleni58 09-11-2013 04:24 PM

Great news Snoozy! My blood and urine tests came back all NORMAL!! Blood sugar is 81--not diabetic--kidneys and liver completely normal!!! I attribute these fantastic results to God and my new diet. PM me if you want more info on my diet.

Eleni58 09-11-2013 04:25 PM

Serious, you are absolutely correct!!

joygirl 09-11-2013 05:10 PM

Snoozy, You are going to pull through this, better than ever! Whatever your doctor tells you to do, do it.
That's what I'm doing now. I'm hoping to see good results. I'm certainly feeling so much better. I changed my diet, get exercise every day, and more sleep (except lately I've been insomniatic!)
I found that having a daily routine for my food and exercise helped a lot, because I don't have to think about it, I just do it. Now it's a habit for me, thus easy to follow.

The best to you! Good things are going to happen!

joygirl 09-11-2013 05:11 PM

And great news, Eleni58!

SnoozyQ 09-11-2013 09:17 PM

Thanks guys :-) all of you , so much xx

Eleni !! Thats fantastic news .

I am sooooo happy for you :scorebad

You must be ecstatic and so you should be,

What great results :))))) over the moon for you , i truly am,

Now kick back , relax and treat yourself to some CHOCOLATE

Hugz xx . :herewego :herewego :herewego

Louise82 09-11-2013 11:16 PM

Hey Snoozy, thanks for checking in and telling us about the results. I didn't know you could get diabetes from alcohol either, but yeah, I guess it makes sense what with all the sugars in alcohol.

Type 2 diabetes is rife on my mum's side but by listening to their doctors, managing their diet and exercising, they all lead extremely full and active lives. My great grandmother lived until well into her nineties. My grandmother is 80 but looks about 60 and still works.

MythOfSisyphus 09-11-2013 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 4174144)
Such empathy, we all understand each other don't we. :c029:
I never in my wildest drams thought you could get diabetes from alcohol !

Yeah, alcoholism and diabetes often go hand in hand. Depending on what you drink alcoholic beverages often have a lot of sugar. And your body will generally burn alcohol first, then sugar, then fat. It goes in that order. So if you're always drinking your body is running on alcohol instead of metabolizing the sugar. The sugar and fat are stored as fat. Extra weight is another reliable predictor of Type II diabetes.

Originally Posted by ImperfectlyMe (Post 4174065)
I dealt with a critically ill husband this year and I learned you need to be or have an advocate when it comes to your health. Be proactive be diligent, be organized. Get copies of all your labs/test results. Get a binder and get yourself organized! I'm here if you ever need a PM!!!

+1 on that. You have to be the advocate for yourself. That means doing your own research and pushing your doctor. Don't passively consumer medical care- get involved! You're the one that must live with your situation so you have to be sure you're doing all you can.

I'm so glad your tests came back so well. Obviously you still have health challenges but consider yourself lucky! You dodged a serious bullet there. Let that be your "come to Jesus" moment, or wake up call, whichever you prefer. You get another chance! Make the most of it.:c011:

llastchance8 09-11-2013 11:53 PM

Our prayers are on the way for you. Please be calm.. Liver is an amazing Human organ which can regenerate itself . We pray to Almighty for you.

SnoozyQ 09-12-2013 01:51 PM

Thanks all :)

' Lastchance"

What a PERFECT name.

I would say that implies to the majority of us here .

There is NO turning back!

A THOUGHT OCCURRED TO ME, at my usual unsettled 4 am time.
How do you cope when someone in the family dies ( i lost 2 close family members in recent years. But i always had my friend ( bottle ) with me .

I cant imagine feeling Raw pain without a crutch ..is this even possible ?
I wish i could switch off my busy brain now I'm not drinking ;(

I preferred being the passenger in my life at times and not the driver !

Xx

MattyBoy 09-12-2013 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ (Post 4176694)
Thanks all :)

' Lastchance"

What a PERFECT name.

I would say that implies to the majority of us here .

There is NO turning back!

A THOUGHT OCCURRED TO ME, at my usual unsettled 4 am time.
How do you cope when someone in the family dies ( i lost 2 close family members in recent years. But i always had my friend ( bottle ) with me .

I cant imagine feeling Raw pain without a crutch ..is this even possible ?
I wish i could switch off my busy brain now I'm not drinking ;(

I preferred being the passenger in my life at times and not the driver !

Xx

I've been having the same thoughts Snoozy about coping with pain without a crutch especially as I've been dealing with some really RAW pain recently since my sister was diagnosed manic depressive 5 weeks and has been in a mental hospital ever since and is seriously disturbed at the moment. It's horrific and every night since I've been thinking of grabbing that bottle and shutting my mind down. In fact, it sounds awful to say this, but the one thing I want more than anything right now is to get a bottle of wine and drink it til I am drunk but I suppose the one thing that stops me is knowing how ill feel tomorrow. The problem will still be there and ill have just thrown away precious sobriety time and feel so ashamed and worthless. That thought has kept me from needing a crutch through this emotional turmoil and I think it's the same if you lose a loved one or a job or whatever; you have to remember that a drink will make things so much worse and add to the feelings of misery even if it does offer some temporary relief. Sorry I can't be of much help in answering your question about dealing with pain without booze but I'm still learning to deal with it myself and its a tough road. But getting through times of trouble sober makes me feel so proud of myself and gives me a better feeling than any booze could give :)