SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Things are slowly improving (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/297045-things-slowly-improving.html)

TM75 06-07-2013 06:43 AM

Things are slowly improving

After my post of 3 days ago stating that I wanted to die in the midst of a binge, I must state that I have got a bit of grip on the situation. I humiliated myself beyond belief this time and the defining scene in this bender was wetting myself in my parents garden (with them watching me with disgust, I imagine). My poor mother than had to help me out of jeans.

Oh My God - I cringe even thinking about it. But that's one in a long line of humiliations and it's time to stop. On a positive note, I haven't had a drink since 10am yesterday morning and sure am feeling it. The weakness, the anxiety, that hideous smell of the alcohol seeping out of me but I'm determined this time. Enough is enough - I'll be dead in the next few years if I continue like this. Whatever it takes, whatever it takes, whatever it takes.

Nonsensical 06-07-2013 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by TM75 (Post 4003261)
Whatever it takes, whatever it takes, whatever it takes.

Damn skippy.

Welcome back. Drink tea and water today. Flush your system. I'm about 3 days ahead of you and feeling much better. Let's do this!

least 06-07-2013 08:22 AM

You sound very determined. I wish the best for you in your sober journey. :hug:

Nighthawk8820 06-07-2013 08:57 AM

You can do this, I promise things will get better after the withdrawal. It sucks, but its only temporary. Try your hardest to recognize everything you think and feel over the next week is being fueled by the addiction raging, not you. It will pass, so dont over-think anything, because your mind will race, but its not real, its the addiction raging to be fed and playing tricks on your mind. Does that make sense?

SnwFlower 06-07-2013 09:26 AM

You can do it TM75!! We're all supporting you!! :)

swizzlekiss 06-07-2013 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Nighthawk8820 (Post 4003419)
You can do this, I promise things will get better after the withdrawal. It sucks, but its only temporary. Try your hardest to recognize everything you think and feel over the next week is being fueled by the addiction raging, not you. It will pass, so dont over-think anything, because your mind will race, but its not real, its the addiction raging to be fed and playing tricks on your mind. Does that make sense?

Thanks Nighthawk - that's so important to remember! The first week I've felt like a basketcase. Have had to go take a shower or lay down for a while until the extreme emotions pass.

TM75 06-07-2013 09:45 AM

Nighthawk, that makes perfect sense. Thank you.

I'll ride through these next few days while the withdrawals lessen and I agree with you about overthinking. All that achieves is to increase the anxiety levels which would be no use right now!

:thanks

Michael66 06-07-2013 09:49 AM

Hey TM

Great to hear you sound so positive about giving up. You only have to manage those early days and weeks once.

Wastinglife 06-07-2013 09:58 AM

I have done similar embarrassing things while drunk. I wish it was only my parents that had seen them, but usually it was my friends and gf or the general public. People will forget and as long as you stay sober, such things won't happen again.

Dee74 06-07-2013 05:17 PM

Glad you're back TM75 - what's your plan? :)

D

Nuudawn 06-07-2013 07:50 PM

So glad you're still here.