Notices

Things are slowly improving

Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Things are slowly improving

After my post of 3 days ago stating that I wanted to die in the midst of a binge, I must state that I have got a bit of grip on the situation. I humiliated myself beyond belief this time and the defining scene in this bender was wetting myself in my parents garden (with them watching me with disgust, I imagine). My poor mother than had to help me out of jeans.

Oh My God - I cringe even thinking about it. But that's one in a long line of humiliations and it's time to stop. On a positive note, I haven't had a drink since 10am yesterday morning and sure am feeling it. The weakness, the anxiety, that hideous smell of the alcohol seeping out of me but I'm determined this time. Enough is enough - I'll be dead in the next few years if I continue like this. Whatever it takes, whatever it takes, whatever it takes.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by TM75 View Post
Whatever it takes, whatever it takes, whatever it takes.
Damn skippy.

Welcome back. Drink tea and water today. Flush your system. I'm about 3 days ahead of you and feeling much better. Let's do this!
Old 06-07-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You sound very determined. I wish the best for you in your sober journey.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

You can do this, I promise things will get better after the withdrawal. It sucks, but its only temporary. Try your hardest to recognize everything you think and feel over the next week is being fueled by the addiction raging, not you. It will pass, so dont over-think anything, because your mind will race, but its not real, its the addiction raging to be fed and playing tricks on your mind. Does that make sense?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it TM75!! We're all supporting you!!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nighthawk8820 View Post
You can do this, I promise things will get better after the withdrawal. It sucks, but its only temporary. Try your hardest to recognize everything you think and feel over the next week is being fueled by the addiction raging, not you. It will pass, so dont over-think anything, because your mind will race, but its not real, its the addiction raging to be fed and playing tricks on your mind. Does that make sense?
Thanks Nighthawk - that's so important to remember! The first week I've felt like a basketcase. Have had to go take a shower or lay down for a while until the extreme emotions pass.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nighthawk, that makes perfect sense. Thank you.

I'll ride through these next few days while the withdrawals lessen and I agree with you about overthinking. All that achieves is to increase the anxiety levels which would be no use right now!

Old 06-07-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering

Hey TM

Great to hear you sound so positive about giving up. You only have to manage those early days and weeks once.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have done similar embarrassing things while drunk. I wish it was only my parents that had seen them, but usually it was my friends and gf or the general public. People will forget and as long as you stay sober, such things won't happen again.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're back TM75 - what's your plan?

D
Old 06-07-2013, 07:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So glad you're still here.