SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Was physically and verbally attacked tonight (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/29498-physically-verbally-attacked-tonight.html)

Little Missy 05-15-2004 05:13 AM

(((Marie)))

That is great what your Dad did! I am so happy for you. I too have a father who doesn't show affection. But he is there for me is I go crying to him! You keep at it, things will get better! :hug:

Love ya girl,
Missy

Dan 05-15-2004 05:31 AM

Take it from a man who has never had the benefit of a fathers shoulder to cry on, that was a moment of tenderness that reached all the way up here in Northern Ontario.
Thank you.
I'm so glad for you.

Gooch 05-15-2004 05:39 AM

((((((((Marie)))))))

sorry I'm late catching this thread.. Your awesome! You didn't use over it!

For me all those feelings that you described.. the anger, guilt and shame, feelings of not living up to somebody elses measure stick, of being singled out and attacked, were the toughest times to get through clean. The intense feelings felt like they were going to tear me in two.

I'm so proud of you for doing what you needed to do to get safely away, and the courage to face your feelings and stay clean.

You'll get through this and be able to share your E.S. & H with someone else thats going through it!

ted 05-15-2004 06:03 AM

MARIE,VERY TOUCHED HERE.
I TOO AM PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS MY FRIEND.
YOU SHOWED ME THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO USE WHATSOEVER.
MY LOVE AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU MARIE.
AND YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA 30 DAYS!!! :bparty3 :banana: :fest30:
ted

Dan 05-15-2004 06:06 AM

Yep, 30.
Thirty slices of freedom.
Good on ya friend.

Little Missy 05-15-2004 06:06 AM

Congratulations on your 30 days!

Love ya,
Missy

1Marty 05-15-2004 06:28 AM

(((Marie)))
I'm glad you found support from your father. Family problems often feel the worst. My father has serious rage problems. We have tangled a few times in the past. Today I still don't associate with him all that much, but we do talk and are civil. Time helps the bad feelings to soften a bit. Congrats on your 30 days.

Novemberphoenix 05-16-2004 05:23 PM

Dealing with some ptsd today

Thanks to all of who have responded with so much love and support I am so grateful.

I find myself wishing it would all just go away today. Don't want to have yet another traumatic experience to deal with and quite frankly don't want to grieve and feel this sadness and lonliness today. Guess I'm having trouble finding some willingness to accept today, feeling heavy and tired. Think I'm going to chill in front of the tv for awhile, can't think of what else to do. Sorry to be a bummer.

Marie

ted 05-16-2004 06:05 PM

((((((MARIE)))))),BIG HUGS TO CHEER YOU UP.STAY STRONG GIRL! :grouphug: :hug: :wavey:

Novemberphoenix 05-17-2004 12:36 PM

Ted - you are a love. thank you! Btw I really do love your bananas :spectacle

Love

Marie :rotate:

ted 05-17-2004 02:08 PM

:hail: :banana: :headbang: ((((MARIE))))