SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I Caved (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294910-i-caved.html)

Chilledice 05-16-2013 02:43 PM

I Caved

I caved big time tonight! About 12 pints and 4 double whiskey's, So ashamed right now and my mate gave me a lift back from the pub and he kept going on and on and on with his lecture about my drinking etc Guys im really depressed right now :( i managed 4 whole days and now THIS! My own stupid fault i know!

least 05-16-2013 02:47 PM

What are you going to do differently now to stay sober? :hug:

Chilledice 05-16-2013 02:52 PM

I have ZERO idea how i am going to stay sober Least!

Chilledice 05-16-2013 03:07 PM

I guess tomorrow is a new day.

1stthingsfirst 05-16-2013 03:10 PM

I am in the same boat as you, back to day one. It feels awful doesn't it? I got a lecture from my husband and a call from a concerned friend this morning. Super embarrassing.

I use AVRT and it seems to help.

Chilledice 05-16-2013 03:15 PM

It does feel awful and so embarrassing indeed, you are correct!

Im sorry but what is AVRT? :)

BowTiesAreCool 05-16-2013 03:18 PM

I'm sorry but recovery is not easy. Tomorrow is a new day! Stay positive! you Can do this! *big hugs*

Dee74 05-16-2013 03:23 PM

Many of us faltered a time or two chilledice.

For me I had to do two things to make recovery stick - I had to change a lot of things in my life - some friends, the things I did socially, and some hang outs especially...

and I had to find support to stay sober.

If SRs not enough support for you, maybe you need to look at some realworld face to face methods?

Not sure where you are but things like AA and SMART are in most countries...

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach like AVRT.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html

D

AugustWest11 05-16-2013 03:28 PM

Just pick yourself up & dust yourself off .. Stay positive Chilled

drunkyjules 05-16-2013 03:36 PM

I'm sorry for your pain chilledice but I can say I do appreciate you sharing. I'm 29 days sober today and am looking forward to day 30 but some **** is happening now and it had me thinking a drink might "solve" some of my worries. Just to not have to deal with life for a few minutes. I realize that drinking solves nothing but its been the way I deal for so long I'm still learning other ways.

Sobriety is a journey and not all of us "get it" at first. Sometimes we have to fall to learn the true lesson. I'm finally realizing it starts with the first drink, thats what gets the ball rolling. Alcohol just reacts differently in my body.

I started getting really serious about sobriety after many failed attempts. I have been journaling, going to AA, exercising, posting here on SR and really being honest with myself about what I am (alcoholic) and not making the excuses I used to use to drink. I've had maybe one or two bad days in the past month but overall it has been good. And I'm happy and don't hate myself.

So thanks again for the reminder. You can do this sobriety thing. It is a hard lesson to learn but is well worth it. Take care!:You_Rock_

tomsteve 05-16-2013 03:54 PM

as with dee, if i didnt change notin, nothin was gonna change. most of that changing was internal; takin a good look at myself and findingout what makes me tick.
but to do that, i couldnt use my thinkin. thats what got me to the point of desperation.i had to find people that had been in my shoes and use their thinkin to fix my thinkin.

Dollyangel17 05-16-2013 04:05 PM

You are not the first, nor the last to do this....don't beat yourself up over. As the others say....tomorrow is a new day...it's never too late to get it right! Hang in there...you can do it!

Nonsensical 05-16-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chilledice (Post 3969457)
I have ZERO idea how i am going to stay sober Least!

Staying sober is simple - don't drink.

Living with that voice in your head telling you to just have two today... just be more careful next time... quit next Monday... it doesn't matter now anyways... that's not so easy. I know - I have one, too.

We can do this.

instant 05-16-2013 04:57 PM

Have another go, try not to keep on making the same mistakes

2granddaughters 05-16-2013 06:50 PM

I'm an alcoholic who couldn't quit drinking and stay quit on my own so I joined AA.

It's worked for me for over 23 yrs .... might just be the ticket for you too.

All the best.
Bob R

ElegantlyWasted 05-16-2013 06:58 PM

You're here posting :c006:
Last time I did that I didn't long in here for a year or so.
Que Music..."Back in the Saddle..."

Michael66 05-16-2013 11:34 PM

Today is a new day :)

Do you think you are best finding some local support?

Spinach 05-17-2013 01:20 AM

Quit again now. Don't allow a drinking culture back in your life sober up wash up and start again you know how you can't just have a couple so test over , it's a good thing to remember how wrong it goes , now beat 4 days. Don't drink through the weekend make this your first free weekend and by Monday you'll be on day three go for the week then the magic ten, just keep counting and one day at a time.
Good luck John.

Torso 05-17-2013 02:32 AM

It was your pay day yesterday wasn't it chille?
Did you do what was suggested and put a solid plan in place to not drink?

If not... then that was some pretty solid advice and you could try it again next pay day.

If you did... then there are other things to try...look up all the different techniques, there's a list of some in the secular non AA recovery.

Hope your not too hungover this morning!

Talana 05-17-2013 02:42 AM

Each morning before I get up I make a promise to
myself that I won't have a drink and I keep that promise,
I refuse to lie to myself anymore.