SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   *ring ring* try your weekend sober ! 26,27 & 28 april 2013 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292741-ring-ring-try-your-weekend-sober-26-27-28-april-2013-a.html)

Cascabel 04-28-2013 05:34 AM

Still dry after a month. Spent some time cooking yesterday, I missed sipping wine as I cooked but not very much. Beautiful warm Sunday morning (5:30 am MST) and a high of 90 predicted for today. Most of the snowbirds have gone home so we year-round residents now have this part of AZ to ourselves. I'll be off for a 4-day hike in the Grand Canyon tomorrow: I'm looking forward to the trip.

bigsombrero 04-28-2013 06:51 AM

Wow - thanks for sharing about the Grand Canyon! I took a trip out there a few years ago and even though I had high expectations I was simply BLOWN AWAY by that view. It's such an amazing treasure. Glad to hear you appreciate it even though you're a full-time resident, enjoy the hike and soak in nature's beauty!

PoeticBlunder 04-28-2013 06:59 AM

Made it through Friday and Saturday without any real temptation to drink. I kept thinking of the empty calories, and how I'm finally losing weight without having to starve myself. I had a moment yesterday where I was getting antsy, but I made some iced tea and walked around in the sunshine. It really seemed to help.

InNeedOfGrace 04-28-2013 07:56 AM

Checking in, it's 10:55AM Sunday and I'm still high and dry. Or, dry and not high. Or something. ;)

Carlotta 04-28-2013 08:17 AM

Ring Ring!

Had a great women's meeting yesterday and went to see the garden of a new friend I made. Watched Oz with my friend last night and really liked it. I also checked on SR and posted a creepy picture on this thread :c007:
It feels good to wake up hangover free and not have to puke first thing in the morning.
Wishing everyone a good and sober day.

Fallow 04-28-2013 08:21 AM

Hi Ken hope you enjoyed the trip. Sunday morning is here and I am still clean and serene :)

Wifey comes home today.

Have not heard from the beast today haha

OneLessLonely 04-28-2013 09:43 AM

Had a fantastic sober night with friends last night! Two of them had one beer each. Today getting errands done and enjoying the beautiful weather while doing them!

bigsombrero 04-28-2013 09:55 AM

I saw that creepy picture...thanks, I'm going to have nightmares for weeks! ;)

Weasel1966 04-28-2013 09:55 AM

Finally on the train back home. Cannot wait to see my kitty's.

Checking in and doing well this fine sunny day.

Ring ring

raja12 04-28-2013 01:41 PM

Well ,wrapping up a sober, fantastic weekend. Hope the upcoming week is as good as this weekend. Got stuff done, did stuff, and just enjoyed being in the moment. Sober. :wiggle:

soberclover 04-28-2013 02:57 PM

I, too, am wrapping up a sober weekend. Drove to Boston yesterday as my son is now back from California. Long drive back to VT today but it was sunny and stress-free. Week break over and students and teachers return to school tomorrow; I'm actually looking forward to seeing my students. Striving for a somewhat normal week as my past few have been anything but normal!

Carlotta 04-28-2013 04:26 PM

Had a very quick work meeting then played Gardens of Time and took a nap. I had a nightmare about my ex so it was kinda nice to realize that it was just a dream. Am now sipping coffee. Tonight is my home group's business meeting and then the anniversary meeting. I am picking up my 3 months coin (day 99 today) and I really look forward to the banana cake.
It was a nice sober week end. Thank you for the thread Mecanix. Maybe we can do it next week? I really am not struggling but it is fun to see what others are doing and hopefully, it shows newcomers that we can stay sober on the week end while having fun and not getting bored.
I was never the kind to get bored, even when I was active I lived a full life but I see many posts and hear it in the rooms a lot, people who don't know what to do with themselves once they stop drinking.

Nonsensical 04-28-2013 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My back is very unhappy with me, but it's starting to look like a deck.

I need the work week just to recover from these labor-intensive weekends. :)

bigsombrero 04-28-2013 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Carlotta (Post 3941073)
Thank you for the thread Mecanix. Maybe we can do it next week?

I believe Mecanix (or Weasel) starts this thread EVERY weekend! I also like having somewhere to "check in". I also like it because you hear about things people are DOING, as opposed to hearing about people feeling lost or depressed. Cool stuff.

Carlotta 04-28-2013 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nonsensical (Post 3941127)
My back is very unhappy with me, but it's starting to look like a deck.

I need the work week just to recover from these labor-intensive weekends. :)

WHOA! that's gorgeous! Great job

Bruce292 04-28-2013 05:52 PM

Got through the weekend. It really helped to be able to just post something and read the posts here. Last night was tough but the cravings went away eventually. Onward.

Weasel1966 04-29-2013 04:45 AM

Back at work Monday feeling good and ready for the week ahead. My trip was great. I have lots to plan for.

triathlynne 04-29-2013 06:29 AM

Happy Monday all. Made it thru the weekend. My first sober one since December. I really hope they are this easy but I know they aren't going to be. One day at a time.

EndStage 04-29-2013 06:53 AM

Ok... I missed yesterdays check in however, I still went strong as with today; day 39!!!!

Impurrfect 04-29-2013 07:29 AM

Congrats to all on a sober weekend!

((Non)) - :c029: Absolutely beautiful deck!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy