SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   *Ring Ring* weekenders! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/289148-ring-ring-weekenders.html)

Weasel1966 03-28-2013 05:48 AM

*Ring Ring* weekenders!

Ah! Nothing like a good religious holiday to bring out the drinker in me! :)

Like I ever needed an excuse!

Just checking in. I have a lot planned. I don't have family so Easter will be going to Washington square park in NYC. It will be sunny and mild. They always have people playing music or doing all sorts of stuff. People watching and sipping some hot chocolate will make for a perfect day.

I am also trying to get the blog organized. It won't be fancy but it will out there. I have a lot of formatting to do and want custom graphics. But it's a sober project that will do what it needs to do. Keep me busy.

Yes this post is thinly disguised so I can share about the blog. You all inspired me and non pointed me in the direction. We are not supposed to push things here so I put it out the once to share. After that I will share only in my blog here about it.

Panache 03-28-2013 05:51 AM

*RING RING* pal, back on the sober bike and ready for the weekend. Even more excited for Ken's kitchen.

Game on!

soberjim 03-28-2013 06:02 AM

*Ring Ring* Ken...I will be here as well...5th weekend...

What is on the menu this week end? Anything good? If I lived in the same country I would like to drop by...(assuming you would invite me..guess I am presumptious)

Jim

Weasel1966 03-28-2013 06:09 AM

Hey Jim... That's awesome on the 5th weekend!

I actually don't have much planned for food this weekend. I have a lot to get done around the house so I am taking a break.

And yes... You would certainly be invited!

Murdock80 03-28-2013 06:25 AM

I’m excited for you to get the ol’ blog a rollin’, Ken. Working on my second weekend here at Day 10 and I plan on taking throwing a big pork shoulder on the smoker tomorrow, taking the family to the beach on Saturday and then spending Easter at my parents. Should be a busy weekend and nothing cuts through those cravings like keeping active!

I hope y’all have a great weekend, as well. *ring ring*

soberjim 03-28-2013 06:29 AM

Hey Murdock...Congrats on day 10 and the second week end...It will get easier. Stick close to SR this week...We will be here to listen.

Jim

Fandy 03-28-2013 06:37 AM

I'm there Ken, i will be a faithful reader and i'm already a BIG FAN!!! (psst. someone else started a weekend thread, maybe you can ask the powers that be to blend them together)?

I am baking my poppyseed cake tonight and a big rich crusty casserole dish of scalloped potatoes for tomorrow's dinner at Little Miss Fandy's house. I am hoping that the Governor of NJ and the Prince of Wales postpone their trip to the jersey shore...I have no desire to see Governor Christy romping on the beach wearing a speedo....

phebe 03-28-2013 06:43 AM

On my sober bike ready for my Third Weekend Drink Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*RING RING*

Weasel1966 03-28-2013 06:43 AM

Hey Fandy... I did not mean for this to be the weekend thread. I was just saying hello. I guess it does look that way. Oops

I posted on the weekend thread.

I am not sure the blog will be anything but rumblings. But I am having fun with it.

Ptcapote 03-28-2013 10:27 AM

Fandy---Governor Christie in a Speedo?!! Gah! Talk about a challenge to one's sobriety...

Stay strong. Not to insult any of our fine British brothers and sisters but not sure the Prince of Wales in a Speedo is much better.

OK, too many unpleasant visuals there for me. Back to thinking about bacon.

Good luck down the shore this weekend, hope both the royalty and the mafia keep their pants on :)

Valll 03-28-2013 11:02 AM

Prince Harry is very cute unlike his Dad :>)

Ken, love reading you as always. Any tips for helping my recovering brother this weekend? He is visiting me from another town 300 miles away for the first time and needs meetings, which I think I have found. But any other ideas? Keep him busy?

Valx

Juneprottey 03-28-2013 11:10 AM

Afternoon all look forward to sharing another weekend with you :) didn't quite make it through the week unscathed but I'm not giving up!

So what's everyone got planned ? Xx

Weasel1966 03-28-2013 11:19 AM

Gee Val.... I am not sure. I can sometimes barly keep myself busy. Like I mentioned I am heading to the park Sunday morning. Take a good long walk. Have fun with him what ever you decide!

Hey June! Good to see you! Yes... Let's both stay sober this weekend. No giving ourselves permission!

Fandy 03-28-2013 11:23 AM

oh NO...I meant HARRY not papa charles....poor Governor Christie has time to diet before the big event...(he is a bit portly a la Ralph Kramden).

soberlicious 03-28-2013 11:25 AM

Prince Harry is very cute unlike his Dad :>)
That's because he has Princess Di's genes!!

Valll 03-28-2013 11:38 AM

Thanks Ken. There are some lovely forest walks around here too so will try one - I may get lost though as I am the type who has to turn the map upside down to navigate :>)

Any other ideas from you all will be very much appreciated...

Weasel1966 03-28-2013 11:42 AM

Val! Lmao .... I turn the map as well. I am a good map reader and usual navigate on vacations. But without it I am useless. I can get lost going around the block. Literally I have. It's not funny when its me. Also I have no perception of direction. Tell me to go to the south side of the street and I will not do well.

Yes... I am comfortable with ALL my limitations. They make me unique!

FeenixxRising 03-28-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 3885792)
I have a lot planned. I don't have family so Easter will be going to Washington square park in NYC. It will be sunny and mild. They always have people playing music or doing all sorts of stuff. People watching and sipping some hot chocolate will make for a perfect day.

Sounds more fun and less-stressful than spending Easter day with some members of my family ;)

I'm joking of course, I love all my family--I just don't necessarily want to spend a significant amount of time with a few of them!

Anyway, here's to a nice sober weekend for all of us.

Nonsensical 03-28-2013 11:45 AM

perhaps we can get a consolidation?

Weasel1966 03-28-2013 11:52 AM

Hey non... Go for it. You mind looking into it? I did not mean to overlap.