SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/285543-day-7-a.html)

tryingthistime 02-25-2013 02:52 PM

Day 7

Ok. Just over a week since I've had a drink. While minor for some, this is a huge moment for me. Can't remember the last time I've lasted a week.

Interestingly enough, it hasn't been that bad. I'd be lying if I said I haven't yearned for a drink, but that being said, I didn't cave in. Every day seems a bit better. My complexion looks much better and sleep has become easier. Only issue is that I'm eating a crap load of candy. I've told myself I'll deal with that later and for now to just focus on not drinking.

Weekend is over so I made it through a tough couple of days. I'll stay strong today and hope for strength for tomorrow.

Actually really happy with the progress and look forward to a lot more. Thanks for everyone's support. I never would have thought I'd be this reliant upon unknown people and virtual conversations.

Thanks again.

Hevyn 02-25-2013 02:57 PM

Thanks for sharing the good news, trying. There's nothing minor about 7 days - it's a very big deal.

I had a huge sugar craving too, early on. I had lollipops and candy bars - anything I could grab! I never had much of a sweet tooth before quitting. It settled down after awhile - so as you said, it can be dealt with later. :)

SoberForMySon 02-25-2013 03:12 PM

I am drinking a case of diet soda every day since I stopped... Will deal with that later, too. Congrats on seven days!

soberclover 02-25-2013 03:15 PM

Awesome job! The sugar thing is crazy but slowing down for me at 90 days. I'd rather be a little chunky then dead as that is the direction my active drinking was taking me!

Keep up the great work!

liss74 02-25-2013 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by tryingthistime (Post 3835469)
Ok. Just over a week since I've had a drink. While minor for some, this is a huge moment for me. Can't remember the last time I've lasted a week.

Interestingly enough, it hasn't been that bad. I'd be lying if I said I haven't yearned for a drink, but that being said, I didn't cave in. Every day seems a bit better. My complexion looks much better and sleep has become easier. Only issue is that I'm eating a crap load of candy. I've told myself I'll deal with that later and for now to just focus on not drinking.

Weekend is over so I made it through a tough couple of days. I'll stay strong today and hope for strength for tomorrow.

Actually really happy with the progress and look forward to a lot more. Thanks for everyone's support. I never would have thought I'd be this reliant upon unknown people and virtual conversations.

Thanks again.

So happy for u I'm only on day 10 and to eating lots of sugar but I to say I will deal with that later aslong as I'm sober that's the main thing I'm not sleeping the best hard to get to sleep usually pass out . I wish u strength and hope :)

Hevyn 02-25-2013 04:34 PM

Warning: Although the candy obsession went, the Ice Cream craving has never left me. :)