Notices

Day 7

Old 02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

Ok. Just over a week since I've had a drink. While minor for some, this is a huge moment for me. Can't remember the last time I've lasted a week.

Interestingly enough, it hasn't been that bad. I'd be lying if I said I haven't yearned for a drink, but that being said, I didn't cave in. Every day seems a bit better. My complexion looks much better and sleep has become easier. Only issue is that I'm eating a crap load of candy. I've told myself I'll deal with that later and for now to just focus on not drinking.

Weekend is over so I made it through a tough couple of days. I'll stay strong today and hope for strength for tomorrow.

Actually really happy with the progress and look forward to a lot more. Thanks for everyone's support. I never would have thought I'd be this reliant upon unknown people and virtual conversations.

Thanks again.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks for sharing the good news, trying. There's nothing minor about 7 days - it's a very big deal.

I had a huge sugar craving too, early on. I had lollipops and candy bars - anything I could grab! I never had much of a sweet tooth before quitting. It settled down after awhile - so as you said, it can be dealt with later.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am drinking a case of diet soda every day since I stopped... Will deal with that later, too. Congrats on seven days!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awesome job! The sugar thing is crazy but slowing down for me at 90 days. I'd rather be a little chunky then dead as that is the direction my active drinking was taking me!

Keep up the great work!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tryingthistime View Post
Ok. Just over a week since I've had a drink. While minor for some, this is a huge moment for me. Can't remember the last time I've lasted a week.

Interestingly enough, it hasn't been that bad. I'd be lying if I said I haven't yearned for a drink, but that being said, I didn't cave in. Every day seems a bit better. My complexion looks much better and sleep has become easier. Only issue is that I'm eating a crap load of candy. I've told myself I'll deal with that later and for now to just focus on not drinking.

Weekend is over so I made it through a tough couple of days. I'll stay strong today and hope for strength for tomorrow.

Actually really happy with the progress and look forward to a lot more. Thanks for everyone's support. I never would have thought I'd be this reliant upon unknown people and virtual conversations.

Thanks again.
So happy for u I'm only on day 10 and to eating lots of sugar but I to say I will deal with that later aslong as I'm sober that's the main thing I'm not sleeping the best hard to get to sleep usually pass out . I wish u strength and hope
Old 02-25-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Warning: Although the candy obsession went, the Ice Cream craving has never left me.